Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   86Drive x NorCal86 x Canepa Private Tour event! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133335)

spike021 03-08-2019 02:30 AM

86Drive x NorCal86 x Canepa Private Tour event!

Hey everyone!

For one of the first NorCal86 events of the year, we are putting together a morning drive and visit to Canepa! We're looking at two potential dates, both on Saturday's (4/20 and 5/4 right now).

The preliminary idea would be an early morning meet up at Alice's off of La Honda and Skyline, and from there we'd likely drive either both to Pescadero and back and south down Skyline to highway 9/Bear Creek to Scott's Valley, or just Alice's on down south via the same route but no Pescadero route.

Another option for those who don't wish to do the drive or can't make it that early is to meet us directly at the Canepa facility.

Canepa is graciously offering us an opportunity for a free, private group tour of their facility as well as a look at many of their current projects. For anyone who's ever been to one of the old Canepa Cars and Coffee events, you know how special this experience can be, and for those who never had a chance to go to any of those, this would be it as they no longer hold C&C events.

Please answer on the poll ASAP which date works for you as we're trying to get an approximate headcount for Canepa so they can plan this for us.

Thanks in advance and let me/the rest of the board know if you have any questions!

Edit: In case it wasn't super obvious, more specific details to follow once things are set!

Kapla 03-08-2019 02:32 AM

It'll be an awesome event! Count me in, pretty stoked to go :)

PRKR8NGR 03-08-2019 02:36 AM

Can’t make either dates, but have fun!

Kaotic Lazagna 03-08-2019 04:30 AM

I'll have to wait until after the 20th of this month to see if I'll be able to make either dates.

BigFatFlip 03-08-2019 01:26 PM

I think 5/4 is enough of a "heads-up" for me to ask the wifey. Count me in!

Sapphireho 03-08-2019 02:06 PM

Pot day or Star Wars day..lol.

Seriously, sounds like a great event. I've been to Canepa many a time. Always something new to see.

5/4 is my official retirement date. Might be a good way to celebrate. However, I have no idea how busy I will be. I will be working at finding a new house and getting current house ready for sale, etc..

So you are thinking from Alice's to Pescadero, back to Alice's, down skyline to 9 to Felton, then Mt. Hermon road to Canepa, or all the way down 9 to Santa Cruz and up to Canepa, or 9 to Bear Creek, then over 17 to Scotts Valley to Canepa? (Bear creek hits 17 at Lexington 2 miles south of the Cats) You are talking a VERY long drive with clear conditions. And if you plan on going on HWY 17 on a Saturday in May, I would be there before 8am, or it will be a parking lot.

spike021 03-08-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphireho (Post 3193608)
Pot day or Star Wars day..lol.

Seriously, sounds like a great event. I've been to Canepa many a time. Always something new to see.

5/4 is my official retirement date. Might be a good way to celebrate. However, I have no idea how busy I will be. I will be working at finding a new house and getting current house ready for sale, etc..

So you are thinking from Alice's to Pescadero, back to Alice's, down skyline to 9 to Felton, then Mt. Hermon road to Canepa, or all the way down 9 to Santa Cruz and up to Canepa, or 9 to Bear Creek, then over 17 to Scotts Valley to Canepa? (Bear creek hits 17 at Lexington 2 miles south of the Cats) You are talking a VERY long drive with clear conditions. And if you plan on going on HWY 17 on a Saturday in May, I would be there before 8am, or it will be a parking lot.

Yeah, tricky pair of dates haha.

Still figuring out logistics, because it'll likely depend on the number of people who go as well as the time we need to be at Canepa. I think I've done the drive once from Alice's to Canepa for C&C in the morning and it was an hour or a bit more going the back way through highway 9 / Felton.

But once things are set with Canepa we'll just decide whether a drive before works with the scheduling or not. :thumbsup:

JeremyR 03-08-2019 04:25 PM

WHOA this is awesome man! I'm down for either day.

Slonie 03-08-2019 07:32 PM

Oh nice! These sound like long cruise routes but then I remember this is for *cars*. As always, I recommend going (stupid) early to avoid other traffic.

TofuJoe 03-08-2019 07:34 PM

EXCELLENT. 5/4 is best for me.

driggity 03-11-2019 03:37 PM

Are ex-86 owners other than BigFatFlip allowed to tag along?

BigFatFlip 03-11-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driggity (Post 3194589)

I don't know what you're talking about. I still own an "F-RS" :D

I'm sure no body would mind seeing its the same fine folks who've replied to this thread.

spike021 03-11-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driggity (Post 3194589)

Oh no, what happened to your FRS?

But yeah I don't think it's a big deal. When I spoke with Canepa about it I said it's people who are in our group, which is mainly 86-based. But I doubt they'll mind haha. It's kind of a marketing event for them, so the more the merrier.

driggity 03-11-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatFlip (Post 3194612)
I don't know what you're talking about. I still own an "F-RS" :D

Man, order of operations is important. You can't just go moving that stuff around willy-nilly

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3194622)
Oh no, what happened to your FRS?

Apparently even stock height is too low for unplanned off-roading. What I thought was front bumper damage ended up being basically everything on the bottom of the car damage. I should have just hit the damn deer.

I don't think I'll end up with anything too embarrassing to be seen with.