Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Drove my FR-S today, did not crash... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100450)

wireman957 01-23-2016 05:08 PM

Drove my FR-S today, did not crash...

@Tcoat made a point of saying lots of people drive their FR-S without crashing but just don't post about it, so here's your chance to do so. I drove mine today to find someone able to repair a vintage tape recorder that I use for mixing/mastering music recordings. I didn't crash even once even though I did hoon around a few turns on the way. When I got to my destination, I got good information, came home and still didn't crash! Imagine that!!

funwheeldrive 01-23-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wireman957 (Post 2519762)
@Tcoat made a point of saying lots of people drive their FR-S without crashing but just don't post about it, so here's your chance to do so. I drove mine today to find someone able to repair a vintage tape recorder that I use for mixing/mastering music recordings. I didn't crash even once even though I did hoon around a few turns on the way. When I got to my destination, I got good information, came home and still didn't crash! Imagine that!!

You better knock on some wood.

Antuono 01-23-2016 05:19 PM

Yeahhh.. me too i didn't crash my "FRS" today.

Tcoat 01-23-2016 05:21 PM

Mine has been parked for a week and is still fine.
I did however manage to drive that damned Fiat around Vegas without crashing once (although it was close many, many times).

NWFRS 01-23-2016 05:27 PM

It was raining today so I didn't go anywhere. Rain is often a contributing factor to dangerous road conditions. I will need to go to work on Monday though, even if it hasn't stopped raining by then. Will keep everyone updated...

strat61caster 01-23-2016 05:38 PM

Survived dangerous wet conditions on road populated by dumb California drivers (proof) on my 'barely enough grooves to be road legal' Dunlops and the hell that is Costco parking lot on a Saturday around noon.

I'll be placing a gold sticker in my log book this evening.

Tcoat 01-23-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strat61caster (Post 2519792)
Survived dangerous wet conditions on road populated by dumb California drivers (proof) on my 'barely enough grooves to be road legal' Dunlops and the hell that is Costco parking lot on a Saturday around noon.

I'll be placing a gold sticker in my log book this evening.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Cole 01-23-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWFRS (Post 2519779)
It was raining today so I didn't go anywhere. Rain is often a contributing factor to dangerous road conditions. I will need to go to work on Monday though, even if it hasn't stopped raining by then. Will keep everyone updated...

I wish rain was the only condition I had to contend with. Snow makes my commute absolute hell some days. Doesnt matter if it's a light dusting or a full on blizzard, I can add 30 minutes to my drive time.

Impureclient 01-23-2016 07:40 PM

I don't want to crash and have to come into this thread and give bad news so I'm staying on the safe side and taking
my workvan right now to get pizza just in case. So add another "I didn't crash my FR-S today" here. Maybe a poll would be more telling.
With all the members in here it would be interesting to see who hasn't and who has crashed so far. Then when anybody mentions about the
seemingly abundant crashed twins, they can be directed to this thread to see the real truth. Of course every member would have to participate for it to be effective.

olsonpg 01-23-2016 07:55 PM

This threads awesome.

Went to go stare at it in storage today. I had to look really hard but I soon noticed that it still wasn't crashed. :thumbup:

erick.22.4 01-23-2016 08:21 PM

I drove (slow like a grandma) my BRZ on blizzaks for the first time on snow today. No crashes here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ultramaroon 01-23-2016 08:33 PM

I drove my FR-S today. I also drove it to take my wife to the dealership yesterday so we could test drive the RS-1 she's been eying.

Zero crashes.

http://i.imgur.com/qgUOV8q.png

Oh, and @wireman957, if you lived up here I could fix your deck for you too.

strat61caster 01-23-2016 08:41 PM

Should I post 1,100 more times to document all the other days I owned my 86 without crashing it?

Tectoniic 01-23-2016 08:50 PM

Haven't crashed the last few days, especially with my new winter tires. I know it has been said many times but if you live with snow or cold get a pair it makes winter driving even with light snow feel like dry pavement in summer.