Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   OFT vs DUI (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141608)

still2slik 07-25-2020 09:52 AM

OFT vs DUI

Hey guys, this is my first post, so go easy on me please lol. I did a search but could not find anything for any combinations of the keywords: 'dui' 'breathalyzer' 'interlock'

So i have a DUI conviction here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, which requires us to have a breathalyzer/ ignition interlock installed for a year. I want to buy the OFT to flash the ECU. The question is, will flashing the ECU trigger or do anything to the breathalyzer.

My thought process is that the breathalyzer controls access to the ignition in some way preventing it to ignite unless i pass the test. The flash, from my understanding, tunes the air flow ratio as well as ignition timing. Im not really sure how this will affect each other.

Anyone have experience, or have an idea of what will happen? Thanks in advance, guys.

Project_1796 07-25-2020 10:50 AM

Breathalyzer module should not mess with ecu tuning, the purpose of the device is to cut power to starter or ignition circuit. Device checks to see if you have alcohol in sys, if no then it energizes starter/ignition curcuit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by still2slik (Post 3351920)
Hey guys, this is my first post, so go easy on me please lol. I did a search but could not find anything for any combinations of the keywords: 'dui' 'breathalyzer' 'interlock'

So i have a DUI conviction here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, which requires us to have a breathalyzer/ ignition interlock installed for a year. I want to buy the OFT to flash the ECU. The question is, will flashing the ECU trigger or do anything to the breathalyzer.

My thought process is that the breathalyzer controls access to the ignition in some way preventing it to ignite unless i pass the test. The flash, from my understanding, tunes the air flow ratio as well as ignition timing. Im not really sure how this will affect each other.

Anyone have experience, or have an idea of what will happen? Thanks in advance, guys.

Kodename47 07-26-2020 04:27 PM

Sounds like you need to be sober to flash the car though....

MasterBandit 07-26-2020 05:30 PM

bruhhh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodename47 (Post 3352187)
Sounds like you need to be sober to flash the car though....

Low blow bro lol.

TylerLieberman 07-26-2020 06:16 PM

The more alcohol detected in your system, the more timing advance the car will give.

I hear BAC of 1% of higher gives 1.000 DAM

still2slik 08-02-2020 10:21 AM

@Project_1796
thanks for the explanation that cleared things up. i went ahead with the installation fine without any problems
@Kodename47
thankyfully, they dont have sobriety test devices for weed yet ;)

anodic 08-04-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by still2slik (Post 3354315)
@Project_1796
thanks for the explanation that cleared things up. i went ahead with the installation fine without any problems
@Kodename47

OP is most definitely an absolutely gigantic piece of shit.

Quoted for posterity. Hopefully someone local to you can identify who you are, and forward this to your insurance broker.

FR-S2GT86 08-07-2020 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anodic (Post 3354831)
OP is most definitely an absolutely gigantic piece of shit.

That’s rude, man. Would you really say that to him if you were standing in front of him instead of writing that from behind a phone or computer screen?

KR-S 08-07-2020 02:18 AM

Oh boy this is gonna get ugly fast.

Ernest72 08-07-2020 08:23 PM

Do me a favor and please don’t drive while drinking or while on weed. I have no issues with either of those activities as long as you are not driving. I mean Uber is everywhere, you have no excuse.

We did enough of it when we were young and we were just lucky we did not get caught or hurt someone. Literally dumb luck. It’s not worth it.

FR-S2GT86 08-07-2020 11:14 PM

@ Ernest72: Thank you. That’s a much nicer way to put it.

FRSBRZGT86FAN 08-09-2020 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by still2slik (Post 3351920)

It won't effect each other and that's not how it works.
However, do yourself a favor get your life back together and don't waste money on mods or your car yet

1. You're brand new to this forum, clearly don't know how the car or tunes work

2. You don't seem to care about anything and are willing to drive while high as you stated in another post and have already been convicted of a DUI.
3. Basic understanding of ecu tunes and how an ignition system works is missing from your head

4. Read up on how the tunes and OFT tablet works

SUSPECT_BRZ 08-09-2020 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by still2slik (Post 3354315)
@Project_1796
@Kodename47

OP, maybe it's time to reassess your priorities in life and focus on being sober while driving. I'm an OPP officer. We don't have weed detection devices yet, but we have a thing called a nose. And the standard field sobriety test. We can search your whole vehicle if we notice the smell of weed.

It blows my mind that in 2020 people are still acting like this with all the education and resources available.

SUSPECT_BRZ 08-09-2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 (Post 3355597)
That’s rude, man. Would you really say that to him if you were standing in front of him instead of writing that from behind a phone or computer screen?

I would.