Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Where is Maximal Performance? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132575)

gkubed 01-23-2019 10:33 AM

Where is Maximal Performance?

I've been shopping for an oil cooler for this upcoming track season. While mainly considering Jackson Racing units, I did stumble upon the Maximal Performance Oil Cooler. I went to read their thread on the kit, but it, along with all of Maximal's other posts appear to be locked.

Maximal isn't banned, the site is still up, and the product still seems good, but I have to know what's up before strongly considering their product. @vroom4, who appears to be behind Maximal, appears to be similarly inactive.

Are the Maximal threads simply locked because they're no longer paying vendor fees?

Tcoat 01-23-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkubed (Post 3176567)
I've been shopping for an oil cooler for this upcoming track season. While mainly considering Jackson Racing units, I did stumble upon the Maximal Performance Oil Cooler. I went to read their thread on the kit, but it, along with all of Maximal's other posts appear to be locked.

Maximal isn't banned, the site is still up, and the product still seems good, but I have to know what's up before strongly considering their product. @vroom4, who appears to be behind Maximal, appears to be similarly inactive.

Are the Maximal threads simply locked because they're no longer paying vendor fees?

That is usually it but if there was another reason nobody that knows for sure will tell you anyway. Looks like they have been blocked since last May and Vroom has not posted since 2016 so you will either have to take your chances and go through their site or stick to the known Jackson Racing unit. I know which way I would go!

Takumi788 01-23-2019 12:00 PM

They are located near Corning NY. Email them at terry@maximalperformance.com. Great customer service and one hell of a deal on an oil cooler.

I am in no way involved with Maximal. Just a fan.

gkubed 01-23-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3176579)
That is usually it but if there was another reason nobody that knows for sure will tell you anyway. Looks like they have been blocked since last May and Vroom has not posted since 2016 so you will either have to take your chances and go through their site or stick to the known Jackson Racing unit. I know which way I would go!

Thanks - I figured as much, but I haven't been active enough to really make a call. It's still on the table, but if Maximal was banned for X or Y I would have definitely pushed it off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takumi788 (Post 3176588)
They are located near Corning NY. Email them at terry@maximalperformance.com. Great customer service and one hell of a deal on an oil cooler.

I am in no way involved with Maximal. Just a fan.

Thanks - it was some of your posts that actually got me itching for more information. It's a shame that their whole threads are wiped off the face of the planet. I typically read a topic to death before spending any money.

Takumi788 01-23-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkubed (Post 3176640)
Thanks - it was some of your posts that actually got me itching for more information. It's a shame that their whole threads are wiped off the face of the planet. I typically read a topic to death before spending any money.

I just contacted him a few weeks ago to replace the lines and cooler due to a barrier jumping out at me at the track. He was very responsive and mentioned a new website at some point. If you have any questions about the kit I would be happy to answer them.

Again, I am not involved with Maximal in anyway or trying to sell anything.

SuperTom 01-31-2019 12:40 PM

Damn I remember buying a catback for my 3000gt from him like 10 years ago. It was a huge bargain at the time!

Cartman 02-03-2019 03:20 PM

I've had their oil cooler for a couple of years, and its simply the best bang for the buck cooler.

jflogerzi 02-12-2019 03:16 AM

MAP has a kit very similar for about the same price.

Chowchowoncars 12-01-2020 11:10 AM

anyone knows if Maximal Performance is still in business? I am interested in their oil cooler kit

Tcoat 12-01-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowchowoncars (Post 3389291)
anyone knows if Maximal Performance is still in business? I am interested in their oil cooler kit

https://maximalperformance.com/pages/contact-us

Chowchowoncars 12-01-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3389301)

yep, I have reached out, haven't heard back yet, gonna wait for a bit

Takumi788 12-01-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowchowoncars (Post 3389305)
yep, I have reached out, haven't heard back yet, gonna wait for a bit

Did you try terry@maximalperformance.com?

Chowchowoncars 12-01-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takumi788 (Post 3389317)

I will try that. thanks!
My main questions are about this oil cooler kit
https://maximalperformance.com/produ...ler-kit-setrab
1. does the hose come pre-cut, and na-fittings pre-assembled?
2. does it include the hardware for mounting, if so, where does it mount to?
3. does it include the thermostat sandwich plate, and what temperature is it?

Takumi788 12-01-2020 03:24 PM

1. yes, they will make them to whatever length you want.
2. Not really. This is a DIY kit. Mount where you want it. They send you these little pucks and hardware to mount it to the plastic under-tray. But that is not recommended for track use.
3. Yes. it is a Mocal sandwich plate. It a 185 deg unit.

How I mounted mine:
https://i.imgur.com/F6GcmVS.jpg