Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Would you buy a car from a dealer that stuck a dealer (ad) plaque or sticker on cars? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3842)

HitTheGas 02-22-2012 01:20 AM

Would you buy a car from a dealer that stuck a dealer (ad) plaque or sticker on cars?

Ok, you're shopping for a new FR-S or BRZ. You get the price you want, but you notice the dealer sticks hard plaques or super adhesive stickers to the back of all the cars w/ some gaudy dealer logo (e.g. BRANSON'S TOYOTA / SCION of Tempe).

Is this a deal breaker for you?

Why or why not?

Draco233 02-22-2012 01:26 AM

in my case not really, I think every vehicle I owned or friends owned, I ended up removing them with goo gone, fingernail or fishing line carefully to not ruin the paint. Usually took all of 5 minutes to remove it. Then just to wash, clean and wax that area.

Capt Canuck 02-22-2012 01:31 AM

Wow... erm no... um because it is a little bitty sticker :-s
Goo-Gone = job done

Exage 02-22-2012 01:38 AM

My car came with a dealer sticker. Peeled the sticker off with my fingers, it took 10 minutes though. No glue or marks left...

old greg 02-22-2012 01:42 AM

My last two cars had dealer stickers/plaques. I asked the dealers to remove them. They did.

/Thread

CSSM 02-22-2012 01:46 AM

Oregon dealers do not do it thank goodness, but if they did then I would not be happy

KaliKev 02-22-2012 01:47 AM

Are they paying me to advertise for them? If not I will make them take it off. It will be my car, not theirs.

switchlanez 02-22-2012 01:55 AM

Not anywhere close to being a dealbreaker. It's messier removing tape residue from the sticker/info sheet stuck on the window. I'm guessing OP never debadged a car before. :iono:

Giccin 02-22-2012 02:06 AM

Goooo gone!

Dark 02-22-2012 03:50 AM

My hair dryer and Griot Polishing machine will take car of that.

HitTheGas 02-22-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchlanez (Post 139628)
Not anywhere close to being a dealbreaker. It's messier removing tape residue from the sticker/info sheet stuck on the window. I'm guessing OP never debadged a car before. :iono:

i never had a car w/ one. but one of my friends bought a car in college w/ a dealer plaque. he tried to take it off, but the dealer had superglued it on.

he was not happy :mad0259:

Zaku 02-22-2012 07:55 AM

I've bought a car with dealer badge and sticker on the car before, and before I left after the car purchase I just ask them to remove it and usually they don't mind and do it. So lol just ask ....depends on what time of the day sometimes you have to leave the car over night. If you askn nicely XD so I selected

Something else.

Grimlock 02-22-2012 09:50 AM

I usually ask dealers not to put on the stickers or their license plate frames, since both will be tossed in the trash. I tell them so it saves them time and money, and it saves me time and aggravation. It also voices my displeasure with those kinds of ads.

It was much worse back in the days when some dealers would drill and rivet their plaques onto your cars.

HitTheGas 02-22-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimlock (Post 139771)
I usually ask dealers not to put on the stickers or their license plate frames, since both will be tossed in the trash. I tell them so it saves them time and money, and it saves me time and aggravation. It also voices my displeasure with those kinds of ads.

It was much worse back in the days when some dealers would drill and rivet their plaques onto your cars.

Or superglue. I don't think it's possible to remove a superglued one w/o ruining the paint, or at the very least clearcoat.