Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tracking your 86 in Texas (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91630)

Scottemad123 07-22-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonsey (Post 2330364)
How is Harris Hill? I have not heard much about.

Still waiting to use my class session there, just so much crap going on (buying house, work, yadda yadda) Also kinda scared to go in texas heat without an oil cooler.

mx5 2nr 07-22-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonsey (Post 2330364)
How is Harris Hill? I have not heard much about.


I've only been there once so far, but it's a pretty quick fun track. It's quite a bit more bumpy in comparison to MSR Cresson, but my memory is hazy on MSR - I did my last laps there like 12-something years ago. The staff is awesome, though. There's runoff room for days, and there's a nice elevation change. Like most tracks, if you get a chance to run it, do it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottemad123 (Post 2330378)
Still waiting to use my class session there, just so much crap going on (buying house, work, yadda yadda) Also kinda scared to go in texas heat without an oil cooler.


I completely understand. I knowingly purchased a home within 15 minutes of the track, but it took a year for me to get openings in my schedule to get some track time in. As far as the heat, I was scared as well, but I did multiple 20+ minute sessions and my temp gauge didn't fluctuate. IIRC, the ambient temps were in the low to mid 90's at the time.

TEWwild 07-22-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx5 2nr (Post 2330308)
Hey Tim, I met you out at a few C&C events in San Antonio last year.


Guys, let me know when you head over there, I'd love to do a follow behind and see what line you guys take & pick your brain, or do a ride along. I have a work event on Saturday, but I'm thinking I may head out there sometime Sunday for a few laps. I live like 2 exits down from the track & if I can get out of work commitments early enough I possibly could make it out there during the week, later afternoon.

I thought I recognized your user name... Looks like I will be there this Sat. til about 5:30, if anything changes, and it may, I'll let you know.

As far as Temps go, I highly recommend an oil cooler. If you don't have one, get an app or something to monitor oil temp, if pushing hard, you can get oil Temps in the 270-280 range in about 4 laps.... without your water temp fluctuating much at all... I ended up replacing my DI seals in November of last year after running hard all summer... Can't say for sure it was temp related but.... I have since installed an oil cooler.... Gotta get back to work, any questions, let me know.

Tim

Scottemad123 07-23-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx5 2nr (Post 2331209)
I've only been there once so far, but it's a pretty quick fun track. It's quite a bit more bumpy in comparison to MSR Cresson, but my memory is hazy on MSR - I did my last laps there like 12-something years ago. The staff is awesome, though. There's runoff room for days, and there's a nice elevation change. Like most tracks, if you get a chance to run it, do it.





I completely understand. I knowingly purchased a home within 15 minutes of the track, but it took a year for me to get openings in my schedule to get some track time in. As far as the heat, I was scared as well, but I did multiple 20+ minute sessions and my temp gauge didn't fluctuate. IIRC, the ambient temps were in the low to mid 90's at the time.

I think I'm going to use it as a reward at this point, get the new house cleaned up and move in, then I'll use it to do something I've been wanting to do for a while.

Jonsey 07-29-2015 01:07 AM

Anyone else signed up for the Drivers Edge event at MSR Cresson in September?

DaiTT500 07-31-2015 02:05 AM

Sign up for tws in november!

alucard7755 07-31-2015 10:54 AM

Any of you guys planning to do the Track night in America event on August 11th?
http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/e...torsport-ranch

Jonsey 07-31-2015 10:54 AM

I have a calendar reminder set for the day we can register

14stu 07-31-2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alucard7755 (Post 2341709)
Any of you guys planning to do the Track night in America event on August 11th?
http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/e...torsport-ranch

Chase and Nicole are going, I might if I get back from South Dakota in time.

GSpeed 07-31-2015 08:03 PM

I'll be there (at least for the first half) to meet people.

Jake

alucard7755 08-13-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14stu (Post 2342350)
Chase and Nicole are going, I might if I get back from South Dakota in time.

This was a complete blast! We'll hafta coordinate a CStreet Gang appearance at one of these. :burnrubber:

mx5 2nr 08-14-2015 09:48 AM

Hey guys, FWIW I'm planning on heading to Harris Hill Saturday morning, been a rough week, need to blow some steam, lol...

TEWwild 08-14-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx5 2nr (Post 2357137)
Hey guys, FWIW I'm planning on heading to Harris Hill Saturday morning, been a rough week, need to blow some steam, lol...

Would love to join you, but I'll be working....Thinking about doing the PST meet up at MSR Cresson on the 29th though.

mx5 2nr 08-14-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEWwild (Post 2357188)
Would love to join you, but I'll be working....Thinking about doing the PST meet up at MSR Cresson on the 29th though.



No worries, let me know when you can head up to HH, I'm literally like 10-15 minutes away. I've got the PST event penciled in right now, but I'm going to be closing a project in League City (between Houston & Galveston) the day before, and I'm hoping I can get the hall-pass from the wife to head out to Cresson. Thinking optimistically, I think I may have a 50/50 shot...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.