Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   to Argento or not to Argento... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6780)

Linseal 05-23-2012 01:58 PM

to Argento or not to Argento...

1 Attachment(s)
So, got a call from the dealership, they got an FR-S, and I have first dibs, but it's Argento.... I can wait to get my red one, or drive home in a silver FR-S today! bahhhhhhh. I'm going after work to go check it out.

This is so painful haha. If it was ANY other color!!! BAH

Here's the pic my dealer sent me.
Attachment 7595

HotLavaMann 05-23-2012 02:01 PM

Too "fleet" perhaps?

DadHawk made the comment to me that the silver seemed like a "fleet car" and I have to concur. Of course I think about that every time I see a silver car now. OTOH, it is a beautiful car.

HotLavaMann 05-23-2012 02:03 PM

be careful

And be careful about the

"If it was ANY other color!!! BAH"

Don't tell that to the dealer, as the next one he gets in might be a color you're also not thrilled with. I say hold out for the color you want (says the guy who is already driving one the color he wanted). So take what I say with a grain of salt.

Oilers99 05-23-2012 02:04 PM

Disagree, I find the silver the richest color, and think Russv has one of the nicest delivered so far in the members journal section. Check out his pics.. It's my first choice for sure..

86'd 05-23-2012 02:07 PM

If it's a car you really want (and are paying 25k+) don't settle.

mines13 05-23-2012 02:12 PM

+1 on not settling. I could go silver or red and be happy, but that is just me.

HotLavaMann 05-23-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86'd (Post 222626)
If it's a car you really want (and are paying 25k+) don't settle.

Actually, I think I'm going to change my mind here. Don't settle for MT/AT transmission but if you really decide after a year or two that the color doesn't work for you, pay some money and get the exact color you want by getting the car painted.

86'd 05-23-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotLavaMan (Post 222633)
Actually, I think I'm going to change my mind here. Don't settle for MT/AT transmission but if you really decide after a year or two that the color doesn't work for you, pay some money and get the exact color you want by getting the car painted.

I'd have to disagree. Waiting a month or two for the car you want, or end up spending $2000-$3000 for a decent paint job down the road, that you'd have to explain when you sell it.

Dadhawk 05-23-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers99 (Post 222619)
Disagree, I find the silver the richest color, and think Russv has one of the nicest delivered so far in the members journal section. Check out his pics.. It's my first choice for sure..

There really isn't a "bad" color on the FR-S. The silver just envokes that impression on me no matter what car it's on. Just too many years working for companies that had fleet cars I guess.

I'm sure there are folks that have similar unfavorable impressions of my Firestorm as well.

HotLavaMann 05-23-2012 02:33 PM

And quite a few that don't like Hot Lava. I concur that it is completely subjective.

Dang Lad 05-23-2012 03:05 PM

I usually actually like silver cars, but for some reason I think the Argento just hides the lines of the car more than others. It removes a lot of the sportiness of the car I believe.

denkigrve 05-23-2012 03:08 PM

I actually prefer argento and whiteout. I think the lighter colors show off the lines of the car better. My first choice was argento when I signed up for First86 (I wasn't a winner) and I've been flip flopping between white and Argento for the last 2 months. I finally set my sites on Argento though. My WRX is silver, so it'll be nice to have my own "fleet" of cars in the same color. :P

russv 05-23-2012 03:13 PM

I've generally been partial to silver primarily because it always looks clean as dust, rock pits, and minor scrapes just don't show up as much as on darker colored cars. I had originally ordered Hot Lava, loved the Firestorm and the White at the First 86 event, the black was off the table because of high maintenance, the blue was ok but not me. I saw the silver at the event and it was me (see avatar). You have to get what is you!

HotLavaMann 05-23-2012 03:17 PM

I will very strongly agree that silver cars show less dirt than just about any other car color. I had a 911 that was about this same color silver... it took a heck of a lot of dirt on it before it looked real dirty.

If you like washing your car, get the black or white. If washing your car isn't your favorite thing, silver is one of the better choices.