Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Passenger seat sliding back (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71975)

Deathalo 08-11-2014 09:56 PM

Passenger seat sliding back

Hey, I tried searching for a solution to this but came up with nothing. Is there a way to stop the passenger seat from sliding back when pushing it forward to get into the back? Whenever I have someone getting into the back (especially parked on an incline ever so slight) the seat keeps hitting them if I'm not holding it and makes it extremely difficult, annoying, and embarrassing to get into the car. Also a pain when trying to put something that requires 2 hands to hold in the back, cause then I have no hands to hold the seat up with and the seat just comes back and smacks whatever is in my hands. Why wouldn't they just design it to hold up at the front of the track when the seat is pulled forward like that, then release when you push the seatback back, like every other coupe? Has anyone figured out a way to achieve this? Is there some sort of trick to it I have yet to figure out?

humfrz 08-11-2014 11:34 PM

hmmmm.......on my 2013 FR-S, when I slide the passenger seat up, it will latch and hold at several different locations ..... til I pull the bar up and then it will slide back.

Maybe you shoulda outta got an FR-S .....:D

Seriously, maybe yours needs a bit of lubricant on the latching mechanism .. or the spring is broken or come off ...... ??

humfrz

Havsie 08-11-2014 11:48 PM

People can actually fit in the back seats? I never knew that.

Kotu100 08-11-2014 11:50 PM

Woah Woah Woah

Let me get this straight, you actually put people back there?

*havsie beat me to it*

humfrz 08-12-2014 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Havsie (Post 1894744)
People can actually fit in the back seats? I never knew that.

Oh, heck yes ..... granddaughters love riding in Pa-Pa's ..... "cool car" ..... :D

humfrz

Deathalo 08-12-2014 08:41 AM

Knew there would be some smart ass "people can fit in the back seat" comments. Yes I get it, it's small, we all know that now, I do have skinny friends who are able to sit back there if the passenger leaves a bit of foot room.

Does anyone else's latch at different locations like what humfrz was talking about? I'll have to play around, if it really is a broken spring or something I better bring it in.

extrashaky 08-12-2014 08:48 AM

My BRZ does not latch. It slides as you described.

Tcoat 08-12-2014 08:50 AM

I have the grandsons (7 & 11) back there frequently. They flat out refuse to ride in grandma's suv anymore. My seat also catches when pulled forward and has to be released to slide it back. Check the manual it should say if yours should as well (I would presume it should)

Foobar 08-12-2014 09:30 AM

9 year old daughter sits behind passenger seat in the back and it always slides back, its almost like it's on a spring.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Tcoat 08-12-2014 09:40 AM

Posts had me second guessing myself so went out and checked (everybody at work now thinks I have lost my mind out playing with my passenger seat). My 14 FRS locks completely forward and at every inch or so back for a total of 6 latch points. Have to lift the bar for each point or hold it up all the way back. So ... the free sliding must be just a BRZ thing. Odd that would be different.

Smoke Destructer 08-12-2014 09:44 AM

I have an FRS and my seats don't latch that way...

ShibaYuki 08-12-2014 09:46 AM

My '13 BRZ is the same. Passenger seat does not hold. I actually found out the first day I got it. Went to the dealer and said why it does this. And dealer said all the BRZ does this. I even checked all the BRZs they have on the lot, and what he said is true. The BRZ passenger seat does not latch onto anything it just slides in and out.

avp1 08-12-2014 09:49 AM

I think he meant that when he pulls handle to move back of the front seat forward to allow easy access to the back, the whole front seat unlocks and slides freely back and forse. And yes, I have the same issue in 2013 BRZ. I think this is by design.

Tcoat 08-12-2014 09:50 AM

But Humfrz's 13 FRS and my 14 FRS do. Maybe ours are broken and everybody else's work right! Not a big deal but strange there is variation.