Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149008)

p1l0t 03-07-2022 05:49 PM

I turn everything off. All the assists off. I even turn the hud off. It's just such a beautiful game that the emersion is epic. I'm also using an 85" 4k 120hz TV so I can really be in the zone and it feels amazing. I need to get a wheel, ha. The haptic feedback is still 10x better than a standard controller though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-07-2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509220)
Really? I feel like TCS slows me down too much. I even tried having it on 1 for that final IA test, and I was still slower than having it off.

I'll have to try using different camera views to see if that will help me.

wow interesting cause I'm hilariously slow with the TCS off. Actually I can't really get through any complex corner without going off track, especially with a car like the AMG GT. I'm using a controller btw. I just know the cars in these events really like the "slow in, fast out" approach. Minimize tire scrub as much as possible.

Also, I disabled force feedback on the accelerator trigger and set it to mild on the brake trigger. Then I went into the PS5 settings and changed the vibration in triggers from strong to medium or mild, can't remember. I found the vibration really messed with my braking judgement.

I have just 2 events left in the final category!

p1l0t 03-07-2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3509225)
wow interesting cause I'm hilariously slow with the TCS off. Actually I can't really get through any complex corner without going off track, especially with a car like the AMG GT. I'm using a controller btw. I just know the cars in these events really like the "slow in, fast out" approach. Minimize tire scrub as much as possible.

Also, I disabled force feedback on the accelerator trigger and set it to mild on the brake trigger. Then I went into the PS5 settings and changed the vibration in triggers from strong to medium or mild, can't remember. I found the vibration really messed with my braking judgement.

I have just 2 events left in the final category!

Turn the forcefeedback back on, and just don't go hard on the throttle until you are pointing in a straight line. Some of the cars you can't really go full stick left or right either but that's mostly only when you are in the throttle. Without the force feedback on you may not be aware when you are spinning the tires.

p1l0t 03-07-2022 06:02 PM

I found in the Stingray if I was more than halfway on the throttle or turning with the analog stick I was a dead man (unless it was a straightaway for the throttle). If your fingers aren't floating then it's not going to end well. You can't treat it like an on/off switch like you can in some of the easier cars.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-07-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509228)
Turn the forcefeedback back on, and just don't go hard on the throttle until you are pointing in a straight line. Some of the cars you can't really go full stick left or right either but that's mostly only when you are in the throttle. Without the force feedback on you may not be aware when you are spinning the tires.

Honestly been doing pretty well! I'm pretty good at telling when there's wheel slip plus with the TCS on I don't have to worry about that anyway.

spike021 03-07-2022 06:51 PM

License A is kicking my ass. It took me way more tries than I'd like to admit to get gold with the hatchback civic in the first urban roads challenge where you can't hit the walls.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-07-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3509242)
License A is kicking my ass. It took me way more tries than I'd like to admit to get gold with the hatchback civic in the first urban roads challenge where you can't hit the walls.

that one was the first one I got stuck on. I think 30 attempts at least. You just wait until a level or two up, you'll think it was a piece of cake compared to the shit that's coming

spike021 03-07-2022 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3509246)
that one was the first one I got stuck on. I think 30 attempts at least. You just wait until a level or two up, you'll think it was a piece of cake compared to the shit that's coming

The worst part is that about 15 or so runs in I got within .0300 or so of the gold target and then for the next 15-20 I couldn't even beat my own PR. Then finally I got the exact time required for gold.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-07-2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3509248)
The worst part is that about 15 or so runs in I got within .0300 or so of the gold target and then for the next 15-20 I couldn't even beat my own PR. Then finally I got the exact time required for gold.

Yeah I've seen some horrible patterns myself. The worst for me is getting 0.004 over the required time. I was like come on guuuuuy, just give it to me

Kaotic Lazagna 03-07-2022 09:18 PM

lol, there was one test where I was spot on at the gold time. I initially thought they were going to give me silver since I wasn't sure if it had to me actually faster than the allotted time.

With the controller and the TCS off, I modulate and quickly pump the accelerator and brake depending on if I need more grip or less in order to rotate the car. Maybe that's why I'm slower with TCS on???? Or maybe I'm just weird.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-07-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509273)
Maybe that's why I'm slower with TCS on???? Or maybe I'm just weird.

Maybe! Cause I can basically floor it and let the TCS sort it out, which lets me focus on the exit

Kaotic Lazagna 03-07-2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3509274)
Maybe! Cause I can basically floor it and let the TCS sort it out, which lets me focus on the exit

I tried that as well, but I can't get a good exit.

After another 26 miles of trying, I finally got the gold in the last IA test by .1 seconds!

I'll hold off on the S license and have some fun racing and still hunting for the R32. It's been the same cars in the used car market for 2 days now.

Oh, and on the daily raffle and raffles in general...they keep giving me the lowest cash prize! It's annoying as heck!

spike021 03-07-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509293)
Oh, and on the daily raffle and raffles in general...they keep giving me the lowest cash prize! It's annoying as heck!

Lowkey they remind me of crane and other prize games in arcades in Japan.

Even the first jingle that gets played when the animation begins is really similar. I'm betting they did it that way on purpose.

Definitely makes me wish I had "one more 100yen coin" to slide in for another go at a better prize, like the RE Amemiya RX7FD that I missed out on earlier lol.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-08-2022 12:02 AM

Finally finished all the license tests with gold. Oh man the last one is brutal. 917K at a damp/wet Spa. Had to bust out countersteering assist for that. No shame, got it done

p1l0t 03-08-2022 01:36 AM

NO ASSISTS

Kaotic Lazagna 03-08-2022 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3509312)
Finally finished all the license tests with gold. Oh man the last one is brutal. 917K at a damp/wet Spa. Had to bust out countersteering assist for that. No shame, got it done

I'm not looking forward to that! Is the gold reward car worth it?

BigFatFlip 03-08-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3508675)
I searched your username exactly and it can't find you. You have PS+ right?

No, I don't have PS+, but I don't think that should matter for adding friend requests. I probably have some weird privacy settings preventing that. Either way, sent you a request along with a few folks on here.

Also, I am complete garbage with all these license tests. I finally golded the B licenses and have moved on. I probably won't touch it again until I have to again lol

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-08-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509331)
I'm not looking forward to that! Is the gold reward car worth it?

nah. I find a lot of them weren't worth it. I think it's the Red Bull fantasy car they've been peddling since 2005

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-08-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509318)
NO ASSISTS

IMPOSSIBRUUUUU

But seriously, I use ABS, TCS, ASM, driving line, braking indicator and for the 917K challenge I used the counter-steering assist. I figure if the real car has it and uses it, I should use it as well. And counter-steering makes up for the lack of "seat of the pants" feeling when the car is about to let go

p1l0t 03-08-2022 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3509390)
IMPOSSIBRUUUUU

But seriously, I use ABS, TCS, ASM, driving line, braking indicator and for the 917K challenge I used the counter-steering assist. I figure if the real car has it and uses it, I should use it as well. And counter-steering makes up for the lack of "seat of the pants" feeling when the car is about to let go

I use NOTHING, lol. Although that is a fair point, I mean if the car actually has it... (Although do they allow that stuff in real racing)? [emoji848]

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-08-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509409)
I use NOTHING, lol. Although that is a fair point, I mean if the car actually has it... (Although do they allow that stuff in real racing)? [emoji848]

From what I understand, ABS and TC used to be allowed in F1 but were banned in 2015. They're used in GT and LMP cars though. Problem is, those drivers have steering feedback, seat of the pants feeling, as well as proper tires. For some reason Polyphony decided to give us hard tires for all the events, including the wet ones. That puts us at a massive disadvantage.

RToyo86 03-08-2022 03:03 PM

I've put a couple of hours into the game so far. Played with the scapes photo mode. I suspect I will be spending a fair amount of time just playing with that instead of racing :lol:

I very much appreciate the proper modification system in GT7 vs the generic upgrade path on GT sport.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-08-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509409)

I believe they have switches on their steering wheels for the amount of TCS and ABS/brake bias. At least for race cars in series like ALMS. Not sure about other ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RToyo86 (Post 3509426)
I've put a couple of hours into the game so far. Played with the scapes photo mode. I suspect I will be spending a fair amount of time just playing with that instead of racing :lol:

I very much appreciate the proper modification system in GT7 vs the generic upgrade path on GT sport.

Yeah, one can easily spend hours and hours in shapes and making liveries. That's one nice thing about GT.

p1l0t 03-08-2022 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509432)
I believe they have switches on their steering wheels for the amount of TCS and ABS/brake bias. At least for race cars in series like ALMS. Not sure about other ones.

Yeah, one can easily spend hours and hours in shapes and making liveries. That's one nice thing about GT.

Yeah any car that is heavily modded that I'm using for a lot of races I feel like I have to customize it. Just doesn't feel right otherwise unless it's meant to be a sleeper.

gen3v8 03-08-2022 03:44 PM

I use the controls on my wheel to change TC during a race. You may think it`s cheating but you also have to handle the extra office work load. I also have no other aids on and prefer to use the throttle pedal for TC but some of these muscle cars are something else.

p1l0t 03-08-2022 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen3v8 (Post 3509448)
I use the controls on my wheel to change TC during a race. You may think it`s cheating but you also have to handle the extra office work load. I also have no other aids on and prefer to use the throttle pedal for TC but some of these muscle cars are something else.

It is hard but if you basically don't go over half throttle unless you are pointed straight and then ease into you'll be fine.

spike021 03-08-2022 03:59 PM

I'm disappointed about the wheel selection, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I got a BRZ in-game and wanted to put bronze 57DR's on it, like I have IRL. Yet they only have 57DR's in white or neon green in this game??

I know it's not an arcade racer like Need For Speed but they could at least offer typical Ray's wheels in the usual colors (black, white, gold, bronze, etc.).

:sigh:

p1l0t 03-08-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3509457)
I'm disappointed about the wheel selection, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I got a BRZ in-game and wanted to put bronze 57DR's on it, like I have IRL. Yet they only have 57DR's in white or neon green in this game??

I know it's not an arcade racer like Need For Speed but they could at least offer typical Ray's wheels in the usual colors (black, white, gold, bronze, etc.).

:sigh:

You can paint wheels though in the livery editor, no?

spike021 03-08-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509458)
You can paint wheels though in the livery editor, no?

Oh really? Welp, I didn't try that yet so it does sound like I missed it.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-08-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509434)
Yeah any car that is heavily modded that I'm using for a lot of races I feel like I have to customize it. Just doesn't feel right otherwise unless it's meant to be a sleeper.

I have yet to heavily mod a car. Lol. In past GTs, I tried to have adjustable suspension and transmission as the mods.

p1l0t 03-08-2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509480)
I have yet to heavily mod a car. Lol. In past GTs, I tried to have adjustable suspension and transmission as the mods.

They actually did a really nice job with it. Tons of different paint types and colors. You can also put different wings and body kits. Even little details like tow hooks and hood pins. You really can make your car uniquely your own. My buddy had a 240SX when we were teenagers so I made it look exactly like his and sent him a video he loved it.

ichitaka05 03-08-2022 05:51 PM

You guys need to do FT86CLub 86/BRZ Cup race. Hoping to grab PS5 sometime soon... praying to every Gods lol

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-08-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3509484)
You guys need to do FT86CLub 86/BRZ Cup race. Hoping to grab PS5 sometime soon... praying to every Gods lol

Join the ps5 stock alerts discord server. Took me 2 days once I joined although YMMV.

ichitaka05 03-08-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3509485)
Join the ps5 stock alerts discord server. Took me 2 days once I joined although YMMV.

I don't do discord

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-08-2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3509487)
I don't do discord

me neither, I just did it to buy the ps5 lol. Literally just joined that one chat room and it worked very well for me

spike021 03-08-2022 06:45 PM

Quote:

Join the PS Direct raffle for the chance to buy. I got mine ~2 months after I signed up.

ichitaka05 03-08-2022 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3509502)
me neither, I just did it to buy the ps5 lol. Literally just joined that one chat room and it worked very well for me

I am on twitter & following on PS5 sale. Recently a lot of site/company's are doing "Member's only" kinda thing. Like today, there were Digital ver on sale on Game Stop, but it was only for Pro members.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3509504)
Join the PS Direct raffle for the chance to buy. I got mine ~2 months after I signed up.

I did signed up to get a notified when they're available.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-08-2022 08:26 PM

I got mine from Wal Mart. They usually drop 11 pm EST. They put up 3300 units, people had a good couple hours to buy one.

RToyo86 03-08-2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

You can always try buying one in person.

I got pretty lucky with my PS5 purchase. Walked into an ebgames Saturday morning at open and they had one in stock.

It was $800 I wasn't planning to spend :lol:

Kaotic Lazagna 03-08-2022 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509482)
They actually did a really nice job with it. Tons of different paint types and colors. You can also put different wings and body kits. Even little details like tow hooks and hood pins. You really can make your car uniquely your own. My buddy had a 240SX when we were teenagers so I made it look exactly like his and sent him a video he loved it.

For the R34, I put my livery on that I made in GT Sport. I also added the hood latch and tow strap. I added the Type A front, side, and rear lip kit, and the extended OEM spoiler.

Only performance mod I added was the racing exhaust just to change the look. Haha. I'll do more performance mods once I can't place on the podium in campaign races. Sport mode, definitely can't race in a stock car. Tried racing in a stock GR Yaris and surprise, surprise, last place. LOL