Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149008)

WolfpackS2k 05-18-2022 01:32 PM

Anyone have advice for the classic car human comedy race at Alsace? And I'm not looking to use a cheaty car (i.e. mega-detuned race car).

4th place is the best I've done, was last night with the 308 GTB. Able to lap consistent 2:30 lap times but had to pit twice for fuel at that pace. I've tried the same car with a leaner fuel trim (to pit just once) but it was too slow to even place in top 10.

I've tried with the '69 240Z (too twitchy) and Camaro Z28 (too thirsty). Though possibly the Camaro could do better if I tweak it a bit. Anyone have a go to suggestion that isn't super expensive and super cheaty?

Kaotic Lazagna 05-18-2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3523911)
Anyone have advice for the classic car human comedy race at Alsace? And I'm not looking to use a cheaty car (i.e. mega-detuned race car).

4th place is the best I've done, was last night with the 308 GTB. Able to lap consistent 2:30 lap times but had to pit twice for fuel at that pace. I've tried the same car with a leaner fuel trim (to pit just once) but it was too slow to even place in top 10.

I've tried with the '69 240Z (too twitchy) and Camaro Z28 (too thirsty). Though possibly the Camaro could do better if I tweak it a bit. Anyone have a go to suggestion that isn't super expensive and super cheaty?

I ended up using the old Alpine race car to finish that mission. Tried it with the Hako and the 2000GT and didn't think the pace was fast enough to finish, so gave up on them. LOL

WolfpackS2k 05-18-2022 03:53 PM

I've heard the old Alfa race car is a sure thing for this event. But that's an expensive ass car. Though I have loved it dearly in every version of GT it's been featured in.

Kaotic Lazagna 05-18-2022 05:42 PM

I think the Alpine one was on the less expensive side, which is why I just bought it. Realized afterwards that I could use it for that mission. LOL

Kaotic Lazagna 05-18-2022 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Won this ugly thing just now on a 6-star ticket. Would have rather gotten the Laferrari or one of the cash prizes...

p1l0t 05-18-2022 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3524045)
Won this ugly thing just now on a 6-star ticket. Would have rather gotten the Laferrari or one of the cash prizes...

I won the Hyundai Genesis sedan... lol. I wanted to drive it just to see how it felt. The poor South Koreans don't get to race anywhere. Apparently they aren't part of Japan-Asia. I spent like 10 minutes and then finally said oh well and drove it on the little Isle-oval in America because I know any car can race there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ichitaka05 05-19-2022 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3524045)
Won this ugly thing just now on a 6-star ticket. Would have rather gotten the Laferrari or one of the cash prizes...

My wife pulled LaFerrari on one of the ticket… literally she got like 8~9 cars from tickets now.

ichitaka05 05-19-2022 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Beat 1 hr Kei car race. At first, I was using S660 but I wasnít moving up as much as I hope for, so canceled & changed to Capp. By first pit stop, I up to P6. By 2nd pit stop I was right behind P1. After taken P1, I manage gas to finish it off. At the end, I was +40secs ahead of P2.

Jordanwolf 05-19-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3522817)
It would be worth picking it up. They have fixed a lot of issues encountered since the release. Plus, if you're looking for a relaxed multiplayer session, we try, and I say TRY to hold a race session on Saturday nights. Rules are pretty simple. We have another thread for it.

Iíll probably pick it up, bored with just about everything else right now. When did games get so boring!?

spcmafia 05-20-2022 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordanwolf (Post 3524264)
Iíll probably pick it up, bored with just about everything else right now. When did games get so boring!?


Awesome! The game is in a pretty good state as of now, lots of bugs and stability issues have been addressed.

WolfpackS2k 05-20-2022 09:36 AM

Finally beat the Human Comedy Alsace race! Found a "trick" to use that I saw someone else us over on GTPlanet.net. They had also used the 308 GTB, but had gone buck wild with it (widebody, full weight reduction, then built it back up) but that's not my style and I wanted to keep the feel of the original.

Anyway, for his build he used front CM tires and rear CS tires. Doing that gives you a huge PP hit, roughly 30 points. You can add a lot of horsepower back and the car handles pretty well given the set up. What's important to note is that when you pit halfway through the race DO NOT change tires. It'll switch you to CM/CM. You'll also have to vary fuel trim and short shift at times.

Despite getting spun out by the AI 15 minutes into the race (cost me around 10 seconds) I still won overall by 19 seconds. If anyone wants my exact tune for that I'm happy to share.

ichitaka05 05-20-2022 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last night, I did the 1 hr classic car at Alsace. I just used Fairlady Z (432?) & wasn’t bad… except Samba Bus! That sucker was mad fast! He pit 3~4 times. That’s the only reason I was able to take 1st place. My Z was mostly stock except engine. I did pit twice, prob could of survived without swapping the tires or fill the gas full on the last pit in.

Last lap, Samba Bus shaved 5 sec lead to <1 sec lead. That’s some fast Samba Bus! lol

Spuds 05-20-2022 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3524045)
Won this ugly thing just now on a 6-star ticket. Would have rather gotten the Laferrari or one of the cash prizes...

Literally called "Is so Revolt[ing]"

Kaotic Lazagna 05-20-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds (Post 3524414)
Literally called "Is so Revolt[ing]"

lol, I never even looked at the name. I just accepted it and never looked at it in the garage.

spcmafia 05-20-2022 09:47 PM

I have an open lobby if anyone wants to join


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 05-20-2022 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3524454)
I have an open lobby if anyone wants to join


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would, but I'm currently out getting my sushi fix. LOL

ichitaka05 05-20-2022 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3524454)
I have an open lobby if anyone wants to join


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iím putting the kid to bed stillÖ this stubborn butt isnít going to bedÖ ugh

ichitaka05 05-21-2022 10:54 AM

Beat BAC Mono Trial Mountain 1hr race w co-driving w my wife. Damn Fraga was a dbag. Last 3 laps, he just keep hitting my ass to make me spin. My rear tires were less than half left, so it was easy to slip. Somehow I’ve kept it & taken the 1st place. Next race, Kyoto Driving Park. Thinking of bringing Supra… but I might try out S-FR Racing Concept.

WolfpackS2k 05-21-2022 11:30 AM

That damn Samba bus has a GT3 engine in it.

I used the Supra for Kyoto.

Beat Autopolis kei car with the Cappuccino.

ichitaka05 05-21-2022 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3524501)
That damn Samba bus has a GT3 engine in it.

I used the Supra for Kyoto.

Beat Autopolis kei car with the Cappuccino.

Thatís why! I was wondering why that bus was damn fast!

ichitaka05 05-22-2022 02:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did the Kyoto Driving Park 1hr w S-FR Racing Concept. I beat it… but I highly recommend upgrading the suspension. It’s very tail-happy and it kills rear right tire quickly.

I did SM tires w 2 pits. First pit in, I just swapped the tires & no gas fill. Second pit, replaced the tires and fill the gas lil bit more than half tank. After second pit in, I played around. That was enough to finish easy first place.

ichitaka05 05-22-2022 01:29 PM

Didn’t know there’s weather radar

https://youtu.be/pzhjlW5LA2k

Kaotic Lazagna 05-22-2022 03:05 PM

Whhhaaaaaaaaa? You really didn't know?! Haha

ichitaka05 05-22-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3524681)
Whhhaaaaaaaaa? You really didn't know?! Haha

Nope! I just put pedal to the metal & prayed lmao

WolfpackS2k 05-23-2022 08:50 AM

LOL, wow man. This whole time what did you think we were referring to when we talked about the radar?

ichitaka05 05-23-2022 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3524815)
LOL, wow man. This whole time what did you think we were referring to when we talked about the radar?

Clearly didn’t read the post well… or didn’t comprehend it well lmao

With that said, I did beat gr3 RedBull using gr3 911. In dry 911 drive flawlessly… when it rain, even w heavy wet tires, it sucks! Can recommend it it’s only a dry race. If it’s mix, do not use it.

ichitaka05 05-25-2022 03:33 AM

Last Human Comedy race is hard! I only got P14th…

Ppl are claiming their average time is 1.57.xxx… yeah I’m 4secs short. Tried BRZ GT300, M6, 911 & Supra, but not lunch getting near 57.xx.

WolfpackS2k 05-25-2022 10:20 AM

Purchased the 911 GT1 Strassenversion last night, as it just came up in the Legends dealership. Does anyone else have this?

I took it for a spin around the Nordschleife (on SS) tires and wasn't super impressed. Was fast and fun, however it really did not feel like it was producing any downforce (and according to the settings it should have around 700-800 lb in the default setting). Wasn't really able to corner faster than the Carrera GT, which has basically no downforce.

fredzy 05-25-2022 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3525397)
Purchased the 911 GT1 Strassenversion last night, as it just came up in the Legends dealership. Does anyone else have this?

I took it for a spin around the Nordschleife (on SS) tires and wasn't super impressed. Was fast and fun, however it really did not feel like it was producing any downforce (and according to the settings it should have around 700-800 lb in the default setting). Wasn't really able to corner faster than the Carrera GT, which has basically no downforce.

Yes, this was the one car I was waiting for! I was actually pretty pleased with it, very easy to drive as it should be. You definitely need to be moving quick for the downforce to come into play but I thought I was feeling it.

Kaotic Lazagna 05-25-2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3525397)
Purchased the 911 GT1 Strassenversion last night, as it just came up in the Legends dealership. Does anyone else have this?

I took it for a spin around the Nordschleife (on SS) tires and wasn't super impressed. Was fast and fun, however it really did not feel like it was producing any downforce (and according to the settings it should have around 700-800 lb in the default setting). Wasn't really able to corner faster than the Carrera GT, which has basically no downforce.

Bought it and nerfed a little to get the PP to 700 to see how it would do in the LM grind race. I thought it drove well, not race car good, but for being a "road car" good.

fredzy 05-25-2022 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3525415)
Bought it and nerfed a little to get the PP to 700 to see how it would do in the LM grind race. I thought it drove well, not race car good, but for being a "road car" good.

I took it out to the 700pp gr.4 race on Deep Forest as I just like doing that race. Doesn't pay well and seems to have a sensitive CRB - I almost never get it.

I left it bone stock, including the power to hopefully keep fuel consumption low. I even ran on the stock SH tires haha, all in the name of avoiding the pits.

The AI do really well on gas there. Anyhow I was 3.3 seconds ahead in the lead going into the last hairpin, last lap. Finished 8th :lol: Ran out of gas on the way down the hill and the car really didn't carry its momentum well up into the final straight

WolfpackS2k 05-25-2022 02:46 PM

^lol, must be all the drag from downforce that accounted for not carrying momentum.

I've got almost 20 mill credits saved up and I'm ready to pounce on the F40, 288 GTO and F1 when they become available. Then I really don't care too about saving up credits, haha.

Is anyone else annoyed at the racing "level" disparity? It feels like 75% of the races in the game (and 100% of the long races) are in the 650-800PP range. Meanwhile there are literally zero long events for slow cars (minus a few of the Missions, but I don't really count those because the payout is one and done) and literally nothing for LMPs, Group C, etc 850-1000PP cars.

fredzy 05-25-2022 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3525495)
^lol, must be all the drag from downforce that accounted for not carrying momentum.

I've got almost 20 mill credits saved up and I'm ready to pounce on the F40, 288 GTO and F1 when they become available. Then I really don't care too about saving up credits, haha.

Is anyone else annoyed at the racing "level" disparity? It feels like 75% of the races in the game (and 100% of the long races) are in the 650-800PP range. Meanwhile there are literally zero long events for slow cars (minus a few of the Missions, but I don't really count those because the payout is one and done) and literally nothing for LMPs, Group C, etc 850-1000PP cars.

Ha, yes F40 and F1 are the last couple pricy cars I can think of that I want also. CLK GTR is another one I missed and am waiting for. Seems I need about 16 mil or so more than I have today to cover those 3, I think.

And you're reading it correctly, definitely sub-optimal event distribution. There will be new stuff though, hopefully all the time (and hopefully tomorrow.)

Above all else I'm hoping for some non-racecar events that pay well. Like a 5 laps of trial mountain with 500-600pp competitors that could pay out over a million cr/hr would be a dream. Could do that with many of my favorite to drive cars. Longer races where fuel and tire wear come into play would be cool and make it more of a challenge, but would mean getting to drive fewer cars in a given night of grinding.

Kaotic Lazagna 05-25-2022 04:36 PM

Yeah. Finding myself playing less these days. They need to bring more various style leagues like they had in GT2! Hopefully tonight's update brings a variety of more races.

WolfpackS2k 05-25-2022 04:54 PM

Getting together once a week is difficult (especially on a Saturday night) as we've seen, but maybe we can start throwing out our own Time Trial challenges.

:party0030:

ichitaka05 05-25-2022 07:42 PM

Time trial could be fun contest

fredzy 05-26-2022 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3525495)
and literally nothing for LMPs, Group C, etc 850-1000PP cars.

Looks like the update today added some menu books, one of which is group 1: Daytona, Sainte-Croix and Suzuka. I haven't looked but I don't think they're big payout races.

Hopefully not too many things broken. I'm hearing there are FFB issues.

WolfpackS2k 05-26-2022 09:30 AM

FFB?

Spuds 05-26-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3525669)
FFB?

Force feed back

Kaotic Lazagna 05-26-2022 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still don't like the AI difficulty range. Tried the Streets of Willow with just the suspension and trans changed. Way too slow. Then I bought power adders and brought the PP to about 390 of thr 400. Made it too easy.

So for the next race, I put the stock filter, exhaust, and got rid of the intercooler. So only kept the low rpm turbo, ECU, and antilag. The pic is the result. Just look at the gap between the top 4 and the rest of the pack.

I'll try it again later, but adding the other parts back and just reducing the ECU output.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.