Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149008)

spcmafia 04-14-2022 06:31 AM

Ferrari menu left me a little disappointed, mainly because the only way I could beat it was by purchasing a GR.4 458 Italia which I very seldom go to a showroom and buy a car. I did manage to get myself an AE-86 tho, and a Sileighty so I'm supper happy for it.

spcmafia 04-14-2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3516959)
I struggled HARD with the drifting but just finally got gold (second mission set)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Its going to be tricky since the handbrake is by button only without having an actual e-brake set up attached. Might have to strictly do clutch kick. Time to watch some Pluspy videos.

WolfpackS2k 04-14-2022 08:58 AM

It took me a while to get that drifting event down. However, I didn't use the parking brake at all. Just a brief lift off throttle while turning a little, then get back on throttle and find that balance!

After beating the Le Mans race with my Ford GT I thought I'd give it a shot with my R32 GTR. Had to abort that after discovering that my 550hp GTR gets roughly HALF the fuel mpg of my 700ish hp GT, LOL. Could barely go one lap on a full tank. What in the hell?!:bonk:

So then I started up again with the GT (let's make some money). This time it decided to rain on me on the 4th lap and I had zero traction. None. UGH. Dropped from 1st to last...1 minute 42 seconds BEHIND the lead by the time i stopped crashing/spinning. It was a mess. Still managed to get back up to 10th - won roughly 100k cr yay hahaha.

Kaotic Lazagna 04-14-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3517051)
It took me a while to get that drifting event down. However, I didn't use the parking brake at all. Just a brief lift off throttle while turning a little, then get back on throttle and find that balance!

After beating the Le Mans race with my Ford GT I thought I'd give it a shot with my R32 GTR. Had to abort that after discovering that my 550hp GTR gets roughly HALF the fuel mpg of my 700ish hp GT, LOL. Could barely go one lap on a full tank. What in the hell?!:bonk:

So then I started up again with the GT (let's make some money). This time it decided to rain on me on the 4th lap and I had zero traction. None. UGH. Dropped from 1st to last...1 minute 42 seconds BEHIND the lead by the time i stopped crashing/spinning. It was a mess. Still managed to get back up to 10th - won roughly 100k cr yay hahaha.

Gotta use between fuel trim 4 to 6 to be able to get 3 to 4 laps before refueling.

WolfpackS2k 04-14-2022 01:07 PM

GTR was too slow if doing that. For the Ford GT, it doesn't matter. I don't trim the fuel at all. 220 mph down Mulsanne is a huge advantage. Pit every 2 laps and still win.

Kaotic Lazagna 04-14-2022 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3517119)
GTR was too slow if doing that. For the Ford GT, it doesn't matter. I don't trim the fuel at all. 220 mph down Mulsanne is a huge advantage. Pit every 2 laps and still win.

https://www.memecreator.org/static/i...es/5380404.jpg

lol. That's one strategy.

I didn't really want to spend money on a car I wouldn't really use, so I stuck with the RX-Vision Stealth car thing that came with the pre-order. I maxed out the ballast, well, 199 since 200 actually made the PP go up, and moved everything to the front in order to not reduce the power so that I can gear it a little longer for the straights. Oddly enough, it made the car handle a little better, and actually gets better mpg. So it's really a one stop race now with this set up.

Although I would highly suggest you try experimenting with fuel trim strategies since the Human Comedy missions heavily rely on it.

spcmafia 04-14-2022 01:30 PM

Do you guys remember the 24 hour races in GT4 lol.

WolfpackS2k 04-14-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3517124)
https://www.memecreator.org/static/i...es/5380404.jpg

lol. That's one strategy.

I didn't really want to spend money on a car I wouldn't really use, so I stuck with the RX-Vision Stealth car thing that came with the pre-order. I maxed out the ballast, well, 199 since 200 actually made the PP go up, and moved everything to the front in order to not reduce the power so that I can gear it a little longer for the straights. Oddly enough, it made the car handle a little better, and actually gets better mpg. So it's really a one stop race now with this set up.

Although I would highly suggest you try experimenting with fuel trim strategies since the Human Comedy missions heavily rely on it.

I mean I'm quite familiar with fuel trim strategies from past versions of Gran Turismo. Additionally, in this instance I didn't buy the GT and/or the modifications for this work. I won the car, and had already performed all modifications for some other races. I believe that super high speed 14 mile oval race was the one. Got the car up to a drag limited 243 IIRC, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3517128)
Do you guys remember the 24 hour races in GT4 lol.

Remember? Hell I miss them. BTW GT5 also had 24 hour races. Don't think 6 did though.

Kaotic Lazagna 04-14-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3517131)
I mean I'm quite familiar with fuel trim strategies from past versions of Gran Turismo. Additionally, in this instance I didn't buy the GT and/or the modifications for this work. I won the car, and had already performed all modifications for some other races. I believe that super high speed 14 mile oval race was the one. Got the car up to a drag limited 243 IIRC, lol.

Remember? Hell I miss them. BTW GT5 also had 24 hour races. Don't think 6 did though.

Ah, yeah, I forgot we were given the GT. I never planned on using it for anything, so that's why I didn't want to put money into it. LOL.

Man, I don't remember a 24h race, so maybe GT3 was the last GT I had/played before the PS5 came out. haha. I remember either a 3 or 4 hour race in GT2 and the original GT.

p1l0t 04-14-2022 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3517046)
Its going to be tricky since the handbrake is by button only without having an actual e-brake set up attached. Might have to strictly do clutch kick. Time to watch some Pluspy videos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3517051)

Yeah I didn't use the handbrake either. I did get gold eventually, it's like you said with finding the balance. The speed seemed important too. Right around 130kph seemed to work well for me to be able to rock the wheel and feather the gas. 130kph, 6-7k rpm, and a lot of back forth between over-steer and counter-steer seemed to be the magic (for me on the drift corner in 2nd mission menu). The line is important too, you still have to take the turn right but that is the same as grip-driving anyway.

ichitaka05 04-14-2022 07:37 PM

Winning cars w tickets
Wife = 5
Me = 0

& still going… now, wish she can get those engine swap, that would be cool

p1l0t 04-14-2022 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3517206)
Winning cars w tickets
Wife = 5
Me = 0

Make her play first for daily bonus to get a car then kick her off and tell her to make you a sandwich.

ichitaka05 04-14-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3517221)
Make her play first for daily bonus to get a car then kick her off and tell her to make you a sandwich.

We split the races. So PP800 or some of Group B races, first 5 laps or so she race. When she pit-in, I take over. Apple to apple race in Trial Mountain, she have 50/50 chance of beating me. Other circuit? Not really, but she’s def a queen of Trial Mountain.

Plus, if I don’t have to grind by myself, why not? lol

p1l0t 04-14-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3517223)
We split the races. So PP800 or some of Group B races, first 5 laps or so she race. When she pit-in, I take over. Apple to apple race in Trial Mountain, she have 50/50 chance of beating me. Other circuit? Not really, but she’s def a queen of Trial Mountain.

That's a great idea to switch during endurance races

gen3v8 04-15-2022 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3517223)

You guys are like the BATTERY! (Batterymen Oh Too 80`s BATTERYMATES Dats Betta)

WolfpackS2k 04-15-2022 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3517206)
Winning cars w tickets
Wife = 5
Me = 0

I cashed in 3 tickets last night. Care to guess how many times I got the lowest value "prize"? How about...every time. :mad0260:

WolfpackS2k 04-15-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3517134)
Ah, yeah, I forgot we were given the GT. I never planned on using it for anything, so that's why I didn't want to put money into it. LOL..

It's a great, and very fast car. Unless you have some unique dislike for it, I'd recommend using it (in general).

Need to add though, that when I won in the GT it was a dry race. Every attempt I've made since has had some rain. Pretty pissed off about that TBH lol.:paddle:

ichitaka05 04-15-2022 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3517281)
I cashed in 3 tickets last night. Care to guess how many times I got the lowest value "prize"? How about...every time. :mad0260:

Yup… that sounds like me. Actually, 5 star ticket I got NOS… which I don’t care for & make it worse, it was for a car that I’ll prob never buy or drive.

Kaotic Lazagna 04-15-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3517282)
It's a great, and very fast car. Unless you have some unique dislike for it, I'd recommend using it (in general).

Need to add though, that when I won in the GT it was a dry race. Every attempt I've made since has had some rain. Pretty pissed off about that TBH lol.:paddle:

I've never had a non rain race in that event.

No dislike for it, I just got used to the Camaro ZL1 if I gotta use an American car. Lol

p1l0t 04-15-2022 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3517283)
Yup… that sounds like me. Actually, 5 star ticket I got NOS… which I don’t care for & make it worse, it was for a car that I’ll prob never buy or drive.

The NOS is a bit of scam. IRL a NOS install is like $1200 maybe $2k w/labor but the NOS doesn't seem to effect PP number either... So what's the other $98k for bribing the judges? I could be wrong about the PP but it didn't seem to change when I put it on my GTR but I do get a boost if I hit the button.

Kaotic Lazagna 04-15-2022 01:49 PM

Collected these two just now:

https://ugc.gt7.game.gran-turismo.co...bf7_photo.webp

https://ugc.gt7.game.gran-turismo.co...7e4_photo.webp

Still waiting for that R34 GT500...

spcmafia 04-15-2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3517305)
The NOS is a bit of scam. IRL a NOS install is like $1200 maybe $2k w/labor but the NOS doesn't seem to effect PP number either... So what's the other $98k for bribing the judges? I could be wrong about the PP but it didn't seem to change when I put it on my GTR but I do get a boost if I hit the button.

The extra $98K is because is overnight parts from Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 04-15-2022 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally had a dry race. First time using the R92CP. Had a huge lead, so instead of doing another lap, I parked near the finish line and waited the 30 seconds for the timer to finish 30 minutes. LOL

spcmafia 04-17-2022 01:48 PM

The engine sound of the RX- Vision for the GT3 Cup is absolutely glorious. Paired with a medium turbo it is stupid fast.

Kaotic Lazagna 04-17-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3517641)
The engine sound of the RX- Vision for the GT3 Cup is absolutely glorious. Paired with a medium turbo it is stupid fast.

Wait until you buy the 787B ;)

spcmafia 04-17-2022 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3517647)
Wait until you buy the 787B ;)

Oh it’s about the only car I take fora spin on Assetto Corsa. Can’t wait for a better sound mix.

spcmafia 04-18-2022 08:21 AM

First time I've ever rage quit on GT7. Im currently on the GR3 Cup, after the Ferrari Menu. Car is perfectly fine, If I spin because of my own stupidity because Im pushing too hard, that is fine. What gets me is that I leave plenty of space for the AI whenever I overtake, but the 1-3rd places almost always spin me out. They also brake check. It drives me insane, and because the game decides that I should start last, every time, I can only catch up almost to the last 2 laps. So I have a sense of rush and the AI knows this. Did fine the first 3 races, but the last 2, overtaking is difficult in such a tight track such as Bathurst, then driving at night at the Nurburgring is just nerve-racking. Especially when 4 cars decide to block your every move, clean race bonus is going out the window tonight.

WolfpackS2k 04-18-2022 08:35 AM

LOL, yeah that's difficult.

Kaotic, niiiice acquisitions. I picked up the 787B as well. Love that car so much.

Kaotic Lazagna 04-18-2022 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3517730)
First time I've ever rage quit on GT7. Im currently on the GR3 Cup, after the Ferrari Menu. Car is perfectly fine, If I spin because of my own stupidity because Im pushing too hard, that is fine. What gets me is that I leave plenty of space for the AI whenever I overtake, but the 1-3rd places almost always spin me out. They also brake check. It drives me insane, and because the game decides that I should start last, every time, I can only catch up almost to the last 2 laps. So I have a sense of rush and the AI knows this. Did fine the first 3 races, but the last 2, overtaking is difficult in such a tight track such as Bathurst, then driving at night at the Nurburgring is just nerve-racking. Especially when 4 cars decide to block your every move, clean race bonus is going out the window tonight.

I've never gotten a clean race bonus in that "last" menu, and I've done it (WTC800) at least 4 times. I'll try to race clean, but the second an AI does something stupid like brake check me, or try pitting me, I just stop caring if I bump them. :lol:

p1l0t 04-18-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3517730)

Yeah some of the A.I. are drivers are just rude. I think the whole starting from last thing is to make it so you have to drive super-aggressive, which is fun and exciting in a nail-biting kinda way, but sometimes I just wish for a grid-start and 10 laps (even if it means giving them more evenly matched cars) just so I could take my time and pass more appropriately.

EDIT: I mean I suppose that's what the multiplayer is for but they go through all the trouble of making a seperate arcade mode and the sim driving all realistic but then kind of an arcadey start to the race in the 'sim' mode. Grid starts and full car damage I think people would be dropping their iRacing subscriptions.

spcmafia 04-18-2022 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3517769)
Yeah some of the A.I. are drivers are just rude. I think the whole starting from last thing is to make it so you have to drive super-aggressive, which is fun and exciting in a nail-biting kinda way, but sometimes I just wish for a grid-start and 10 laps (even if it means giving them more evenly matched cars) just so I could take my time and pass more appropriately.

EDIT: I mean I suppose that's what the multiplayer is for but they go through all the trouble of making a seperate arcade mode and the sim driving all realistic but then kind of an arcadey start to the race in the 'sim' mode. Grid starts and full car damage I think people would be dropping their iRacing subscriptions.

I sort of wish it had a 1 lap qualifying mode like F1 does it. Also, not sure If I'm missing it, but there should be a sort of weather advisory in the menu before the race, you do get a radar while racing, but I think implementing some thing like F1 does would be beneficial where there's a race engineer keeping you updated on race events.

It kind of baffles me how after all these years, GT7 doesn't have a proper car damage system. You hit a curve the wrong way in A.C and there goes your suspension. I hit a bump while entering a high-speed corner and the car literally flew and flipped mid-air. Landed on four tires, kept driving like nothing. Minimal dents too lol.

Kaotic Lazagna 04-18-2022 01:24 PM

The weird part is that the Human Comedy missions have a more realistic rolling start spacing. Not sure why they didn't implement that for the rest of the campaign mode and just let the player tune their car based on if they want more of a challenge or not.

p1l0t 04-18-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3517773)
I sort of wish it had a 1 lap qualifying mode like F1 does it. Also, not sure If I'm missing it, but there should be a sort of weather advisory in the menu before the race, you do get a radar while racing, but I think implementing some thing like F1 does would be beneficial where there's a race engineer keeping you updated on race events.

It kind of baffles me how after all these years, GT7 doesn't have a proper car damage system. You hit a curve the wrong way in A.C and there goes your suspension. I hit a bump while entering a high-speed corner and the car literally flew and flipped mid-air. Landed on four tires, kept driving like nothing. Minimal dents too lol.

Yeah they always blame it on how close they work with the manufacturers and that they don't want to show their weakness really type of deal but it doesn't have to be model specific just give me a high hood and a DNF if I hit a wall doing 50mph...

Kaotic Lazagna 04-18-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

They were trying to find a balance between OG GT fans, and newcomers. A.C. is really more of a hard-core sim racer.

As far as damage, I think they need to get licensing for each manufacturer.

WolfpackS2k 04-18-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Honestly what is the point of the "radar". It should be "zoomed" out more to show incoming weather. All it does now is suddenly show rain overhead, which is already obvious. It's pretty annoying to pull into the pits with a clear radar, only to exit and drive a few turns and be battling rain (looking at you Le Mans...).

Kaotic Lazagna 04-18-2022 04:47 PM

Yeah, zoom out to what I'm assuming is 31 km view. Unless I see nothing but that light blue/teal color or darker, I stay out on slicks. Works most of the time. Once it went from all teal to all dark blue and flooded the track. Took 8 minutes to get one lap back to the pits at Le Mans.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 04-19-2022 07:22 AM

Interesting to read about the aggressive AI experiences. I've now finished all of the books and won most of the races within them and haven't had a single aggressive AI experience

spcmafia 04-19-2022 08:29 AM

Can't seem to be able to finish the last race on the GR.3 series.... I get up to 5th and then for some odd reason, I keep spinning out of control about a half mile before the long straight at the Nurburgring.

I found out that, say, you're in a championship series, and you want to quit for the day and pick up where you left off. Just close the application, no need to exit the championship and start from scratch. The game will tell you next time you login that you're currently on a race series and you'll pick up where you left off.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 04-19-2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3517916)
Can't seem to be able to finish the last race on the GR.3 series.... I get up to 5th and then for some odd reason, I keep spinning out of control about a half mile before the long straight at the Nurburgring.

hmm... what car you using?

spcmafia 04-19-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3517927)
hmm... what car you using?

RX-Vision. Car is great, fast and controllable. But the Nurburgring is tricky, the racing line helps, but hitting a spot the wrong way is almost fatal. Im going to just try to get 1st in all 4 previous events and just ride it out at the Ring. I've been continuing the progress on the series since I never exit-out and restarted the whole thing, just shut down the console in frustration lol.