Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   WedSport TC105n hub ring/center cap interest list (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30711)

JoeBoxer 03-10-2013 12:57 AM

WedSport TC105n hub ring/center cap interest list

2 Attachment(s)
I have been approached by a member here about doing a group buy for these, they would be anodized black and would cost about the same as the caps from Wed's. I believe they are made for the 17x8 and 17x9 sizes and they are slightly different. We would need to get about 10 sets made to do them at that price so please post if interested and if so what size wheels you have. I was thinking some custom engraving would be cool with either the 86 logo or something else if we could all agree on something. That would probably put the cost in the $200 range but isn't neccessary i just thought it would make them a little more special.

Foobar 03-10-2013 10:07 AM

I'm down for some black Anodized Hubcentric Rings/Center Caps if it's around $140 which is how much I can get the Weds Center Caps locally.

Engraved logo would be cool, but not worth the extra cost, in my own opinion - could just get some stick-on plastic caps like the BMW ones made cheaper I bet, but I can see some guys interested in that.

To those wondering why you'd spend the same on these as the Weds, the Weds are *ONLY* center caps, they are not dual-purpose. In other words, you have to choose between hubcentric rings or the Weds caps, whereas these serve both purposes.

JoeBoxer 03-10-2013 10:13 AM

Agreed on the cost and people could always have their own engraved if they wanted that special touch, you could probably also find a TRD or STi sticker off ebay that might work too.

Captain Insano 03-10-2013 02:48 PM

I'm kinda interested in these if some STi logo could be stamped on or somehow placed on it. I already orderd Weds center caps for my TC105N wheels. Just FYI, price shipped for those was $145.

hamlet 03-10-2013 03:03 PM

Seems like it's become too costly. Engraved at the same price as the weds wheels would have worked, but plain black caps just don't seem worth it to me

JoeBoxer 03-10-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamlet (Post 784299)
Seems like it's become too costly. Engraved at the same price as the weds wheels would have worked, but plain black caps just don't seem worth it to me

You are getting the hub ring included, the weds cap doesn't allow for the use of them. All opinions are welcomed though we're just trying to help out :)

Foobar 03-10-2013 04:58 PM

Joe - thanks for lending a hand on this!

hamlet 03-10-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBoxer (Post 784304)
You are getting the hub ring included, the weds cap doesn't allow for the use of them. All opinions are welcomed though we're just trying to help out :)

I appreciate the work and sacrifice that went into this. Also thinkthe results are pretty nice. Just not for me

OrbitalEllipses 03-10-2013 11:57 PM

Wouldn't match my wheel color and a tad expensive for plain caps. I appreciate a hub ring AND center cap combo that works, but I'd have to get them powdercoated to match, etc..

Draco-REX 03-10-2013 11:58 PM

I'd be interested if they came in black.

JoeBoxer 03-11-2013 12:09 AM

Would you guys rather have them as shown in the pics if it saved some money?

Foobar 03-11-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBoxer (Post 785388)
Would you guys rather have them as shown in the pics if it saved some money?

How much would we be saving by having it go plain?

that_guy 03-11-2013 10:05 PM

Would you be willing to do this for us RPF1 owners by chance? Nice looking pieces BTW.

F1point4 03-11-2013 10:07 PM

You have my attencion but if its three figures i'll probably be out.

Being custom made I think they may be worthy of the price, but the money could go towards other stuff.

I appreciate you and mystery member approaching us about these.