Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   GTC-200 wing, smaller wing or no wing at all? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154334)

GrandSport 01-01-2024 03:55 PM

GTC-200 wing, smaller wing or no wing at all?

So I need to get a new setup on the car. I'm wearing the outsides of V730s in about 5 hours and the insides are at 80%. No idea what happened, but it's both sides and there is a lot of negative camber.

While I'm getting a setup done, I'm debating removing the rear wing entirely or just going to smaller one (if that's possible). I see ARP has deferent side plates, but they dont state how much of a difference they make. If it's a big difference, for $120, I'd start there (they also dont tell us the difference between the old, the new and the euro side plates)

It just pushes too much as it is, and I can't get much, if any, rotation on braking.

As far as running ST5, or similar, what is the general consensus for a wing- if there is one?

NoHaveMSG 01-02-2024 02:09 AM

What’s the whole setup on the car? My biggest problem adding a splitter and wing(gtc200) was my suspension was no longer up to it.

RT-BRZ 01-02-2024 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3599376)
What’s the whole setup on the car? My biggest problem adding a splitter and wing(gtc200) was my suspension was no longer up to it.

Did you end up changing your suspension to accommodate it?

GrandSport 01-02-2024 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3599376)

It has a small splitter, but I doubt it does anything. It's not low enough.
Suspension is is fine. Stance coilovers.

NoHaveMSG 01-02-2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RT-BRZ (Post 3599378)
Did you end up changing your suspension to accommodate it?

Yeah, future prof’d it when I did.

RT-BRZ 01-02-2024 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3599384)
Yeah, future prof’d it when I did.

What did you end up doing? I ask because I just did the UCW wing and splitter from Verus. I'm running Shaftworks USA coilovers with 6k/9k springs and all spherical bearinigs. I'm hoping that's enough.

M0nk3y 01-02-2024 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandSport (Post 3599357)
So I need to get a new setup on the car. I'm wearing the outsides of V730s in about 5 hours and the insides are at 80%. No idea what happened, but it's both sides and there is a lot of negative camber.

While I'm getting a setup done, I'm debating removing the rear wing entirely or just going to smaller one (if that's possible). I see ARP has deferent side plates, but they dont state how much of a difference they make. If it's a big difference, for $120, I'd start there (they also dont tell us the difference between the old, the new and the euro side plates)

It just pushes too much as it is, and I can't get much, if any, rotation on braking.

As far as running ST5, or similar, what is the general consensus for a wing- if there is one?

What are your rates? Alignment Settings, Swaybars etc. Coilover aside, something seems incredibly wrong on the setup side of things to be having this type of wear.

Sideplates won't change anything drastic what you're looking for. APR is notorious for having wings that produce too much DF for our cars in particular. They're draggy.

autoracer86 01-02-2024 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RT-BRZ (Post 3599385)
What did you end up doing? I ask because I just did the UCW wing and splitter from Verus. I'm running Shaftworks USA coilovers with 6k/9k springs and all spherical bearinigs. I'm hoping that's enough.

Well the dampers themselves should be fine... Worst case its new springs and a revalve.

I would be curious what John says about your setup. 6k/9k is pretty common for non aero builds. But maybe its more slicks and aero that require stiffer springs than just aero alone

NoHaveMSG 01-02-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RT-BRZ (Post 3599385)

I am on Annx CSP’s on 10/12k setup now. I was on older T2’s on a 6k flat setup. I was bottoming the fronts a lot and the car didn’t want to rotate.

RT-BRZ 01-02-2024 02:27 PM

Good to know. Thanks everyone.

Looks like my 6k/9k setup needs to go to 8k/9k. Thanks to a couple of key resources for that info.

CSG Mike 01-02-2024 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandSport (Post 3599357)

What is your current complete setup?

GrandSport 01-03-2024 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 3599406)
What is your current complete setup?

Front
-.10* toe (total)
-3.72* Camber
5.71* Caster

Rear
.12 total toe
-3.02 Camber

Stance coilovers (I know... they came with the car, they're honestly not that bad and my track is very smooth so its not a big deal)
gutted/caged/etc
small splitter
V730 tires
and obviously, the wing

CSG Mike 01-03-2024 10:13 AM

Is that rear on both the front and rear or just the front?

terboboost 01-03-2024 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandSport (Post 3599426)
Front
-.10* toe (total)
-3.72* Camber
5.71* Caster

Rear
.12 total toe
-3.02 Camber

Stance coilovers (I know... they came with the car, they're honestly not that bad and my track is very smooth so its not a big deal)
gutted/caged/etc
small splitter
V730 tires
and obviously, the wing

Stance coilovers are fantastic, is there a sentiment that they are not?