Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Our ships coming in. [East coast] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147132)

Echosect 10-07-2021 04:12 AM

Our ships coming in. [East coast]

I pulled this from g686.org from user SpeedRacer.

Rumor is this is our ship carrying our BRZ's for the east coast. So this vessel will be offloading new Subarus at Davisville, Rhode Island
later this month and then heading for Boston Autoport to offload some more.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-566971000

mazeroni 10-07-2021 10:22 AM

Hmmm, neat.

The timing makes sense. By the time they offload and get them on trucks and delivered, it will be around November. That sounds like the timing we were told: November~December.

Yoshoobaroo 10-07-2021 11:45 AM

It left Japan on September 15th. The factory was idled from 9-7 to 9-22. That means only cars that were made before 9-7 can be on that ship. Not sure how fast cars get on the line after an order is placed by the dealer, but I’d guess this carrier would only have cars for people who ordered in July/August.

suhhh 10-07-2021 11:47 AM

Got my order placed 2 weeks ago on Monday, doubt it's on the ship but hey I'll be hopeful

edit: nvm just saw the above

F

spike021 10-07-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo (Post 3471613)
It left Japan on September 15th. The factory was idled from 9-7 to 9-22. That means only cars that were made before 9-7 can be on that ship. Not sure how fast cars get on the line after an order is placed by the dealer, but I’d guess this carrier would only have cars for people who ordered in July/August.

Do they actually "place orders"? I had the impression there's an allotment for each dealer, and basically when someone places an "order", it's like a reservation for a car that's already planned to come in?

cc @Veloist

suhhh 10-07-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3471638)
Do they actually "place orders"? I had the impression there's an allotment for each dealer, and basically when someone places an "order", it's like a reservation for a car that's already planned to come in?

cc @Veloist

This is what I had thought too, being that people mentioned their dealers would only get an "allotment" of x number of cars, which is why some dealers had later estimates than others.

Yoshoobaroo 10-07-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

cc @Veloist

Yea that’s probably more accurate. It could very well be your car was already built when you ordered it.

saluki89 10-07-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

cc @Veloist

This is what my dealer eluded to also. He mentioned another customer had “factory ordered” a new Crosstrek, was given a Nov estimate, only to have the car show up a few weeks later. He mentioned that his dealership did have an allotment, I happened to be the first to order from the dealership and was given a Dec date, just ordered this past weekend. So maybe it’s the luck of what’s coming in, manual limited in WR Blue is probably a common shipment, so the “customized” piece are the port installed options I chose. Makes me believe my factory order isn’t something that is going to the factory to be built, but will come from an allotment shipment already in place and enroute if the color, transmission, and level (limited) are already in transit?

spike021 10-07-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo (Post 3471648)
Yea that’s probably more accurate. It could very well be your car was already built when you ordered it.

I think that's kinda how it worked when I got my 2017.

Also, as a point-of-reference: when a lot of us got the first 2017's with performance pack (which were delayed later than the standard 2017's), a lot of the cars/orders came in 2-4 weeks before ETA.

i.e. my car wasn't supposed to be in till like March 31 and it arrived on the 10th for pickup on the 11th.

Just an FYI for you guys.

PhatFreshPrince 10-07-2021 03:03 PM

When I order my BRZ, I was not sure on the color I wanted so I moved the conversation on to when would it be here. He said if I got WRB, Silver or Black I could have the car in December. It killed me, but I opted for Sapphire Blue with a January delivery. I would rather get what I want and wait one extra month for it.

Dadhawk 10-07-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo (Post 3471648)

That's not unusual, particularly given the limited number of options on the GR86. Someone would take the time to match up orders with cars "in flight" I would think.

In fact that is exactly what Scion did for the First86 promotion and why our VINs are all over the place. They just took 86 cars from the first shipments and designated them to match the options we picked. All we could pick though was color, transmission and radio.

This, as opposed to say a Mini, that comes in something like 100,000 different combinations and are basically built to order.

James May has a good series on the Mini manufacturing process on Amazon Prime I watched recently while lazing around on vacation. Fascinating stuff.

Echosect 10-07-2021 11:52 PM

Keep in mind i pulled this from another user about the first BRZ's to hit the east. I did order in august. They also dropped this to verify that vehicle carrier is hitting RI. https://noradinc.com/davisville-berthing-schedule/

Midnightsky 10-08-2021 01:19 AM

Curious if that ship is also carrying cars for Canada and they are being rail shipped north or if another ship will be docking in Vancouver with our cars.

trippinbillies40 10-08-2021 07:58 AM

Just a heads up, when you hear me talk about Vancouver, I'm talking about Vancouver, WA, not BC. I'm not sure if Subaru of Canada has their own port or if cars are shipped rail from the US.