Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2016 BRZ (Premium, Limited, HyperBlue) Pricing Announced (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93983)

Veloist 08-27-2015 12:43 PM

2016 BRZ (Premium, Limited, HyperBlue) Pricing Announced

"Compared to ‘15MY MSRPs, the ‘16MY BRZ Premium and BRZ Limited MSRPs have decreased $300 to reflect the deletion of the navigation system and the addition of the rear view camera plus all the features and benefits of the SUBARU STARLINK MULTIMEDIA SYSTEM.

• BRZ Premium 6MT is now priced at just $25,395;
• BRZ Limited 6MT is $27,395; BRZ Limited 6AT is $28,495.

The exterior continues the Series.HyperBlue theme with 17-inch black alloy wheels, black badging and painted black finish exterior mirrors. Additionally, a gloss black fender garnish is added as a finishing touch. The MSRP of this distinctive limited edition BRZ Series.HyperBlue model is $27,690 – just $295 more than BRZ Limited 6MT."

Does not include destination fee yet (795).

Official Release: (It doesn't go over Series.HyperBlue)

August 27, 2015
SUBARU ANNOUNCES PRICING ON 2016 BRZ® MODELS
- SUBARU STARLINK™6.2”Multimedia System standard across all lines
- Priced $300 lower than previous model year
- Rear Vision Camera now standard
Cherry Hill, N.J. - Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing for the 2016 BRZ line. Starting at $25,395, the BRZ, powered by a 200-horsepower 2.0-liter BOXER engine, marks a return to the fundamentals of sports car design, emphasizing low vehicle weight, an ultra-low center of gravity and precision steering.

Available in Premium or Limited trim, BRZ models boast performance features, such as the sport-tuned suspension with front strut brace and TORSEN limited-slip differential.

For 2016, the BRZ receives the SUBARU STARLINK 6.2” Multimedia System with a 6.2-in. single-touch gesture display, AM/FM stereo with HD Radio®, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Radio Data Broadcast System, single-disc CD player, Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming, iPod® control, iTunes® Tagging, a USB port and an auxiliary input jack. Smartphone integration features Aha™ and Pandora®, along with STARLINK cloud applications iHeartRadio®, Stitcher, Calendar, Music Player, News and Weather. New for 2016, the BRZ receives standard rear vision camera.

Limited trim models receive a body-color trunk spoiler, fog lights and Alcantara trimmed interior and Keyless Access. The seats are upholstered with Alcantara inserts and leather bolsters. 6-speed manual BRZ Limited models begin at $27,395, down $300 from the previous model year. An optional 6-speed Electronic Direct-Control automatic transmission priced at $28,495 and offers steering wheel paddle-shift controls.

The BRZ Limited substitutes a dual-zone automatic climate control for the Premium model’s manual HVAC system, and its standard All-Weather Package includes dual-mode heated front seats and heated side mirrors. In the Limited, the dual visor vanity mirrors are illuminated, and front door courtesy lights illuminate when the doors are opened.

2016 BRZ models will begin arriving in dealerships this Fall.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

raven1231 08-27-2015 12:48 PM

HOLY FAWK!!!! OMG!! THE DAY HAS COME!!!! EVERYONE HURRY AND TRADE IN YOUR 86's!!!

krayzie 08-27-2015 03:00 PM

So what takes the place of the sat nav? So it's only worth 300 bucks whereas a typical sat nav option in Japan is like $3000 bucks. No wonder the one here is a piece of shit.

funwheeldrive 08-27-2015 04:13 PM

I don't think I'm a fan of the exterior, but it seems like a good deal for what you get.

industrial 08-27-2015 04:17 PM

The new starlink system is much better than the old HU. It should be the same one as seen on just about every new subaru.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wyG_UsILCs"]SUBARU STARLINK In-vehicle Technology: Walk Around Tour - YouTube[/ame]

EzyBrzy 08-27-2015 04:39 PM

They got rid of the Nav? I'm actually content with mine even though it's kinda slow at times. . . and doesn't work under a gas station lol

x1UP 08-27-2015 06:30 PM

Well, that's certainly interesting. Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from the Limited. The Series.Blue last year was definitely more worth it than this years.

SmileyMe 08-27-2015 06:34 PM

I'm glad I got mine pre-ordered (the hyper blue that is)

ShootinPutin 08-27-2015 09:12 PM

Yup its official, after a quick google search there were a few links to from well know websites.
I found these two right of the bat:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/cheaper...rice-decrease/

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/27/2...n-lower-price/

Waiting for the release date now :)

nisti 08-28-2015 06:26 AM

2016 BRZ (Premium, Limited, HyperBlue) Pricing Announced

Edit: don't listen to me.
Still glad I'm getting hyper blue after reveal of the price.

Very interesting on the HVAC.
Limited no longer gets dual zone fighter pilot toggle switches.
Glad I'm getting the Hyper Blue!
Pricing looks great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWilky 08-28-2015 10:06 AM

Wow only a $90 difference in BRZ Premium and a base FRS.
The only difference now seems to be the front bumpers and HID headlights as now both have similar headunits.

dtrop 08-28-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nisti (Post 2372677)
Very interesting on the HVAC.
Limited no longer gets dual zone fighter pilot toggle switches.
Glad I'm getting the Hyper Blue!
Pricing looks great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait....

So the limited will now have the awful 90s looking, circular, temp controls?....

Why would they downgrade so drastically? The premium/base frs, temp gauges are so awful looking.

tobin 08-28-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrop (Post 2372791)
Wait....

So the limited will now have the awful 90s looking, circular, temp controls?....

Why would they downgrade so drastically? The premium/base frs, temp gauges are so awful looking.

"The BRZ Limited substitutes a dual-zone automatic climate control for the Premium model’s manual HVAC system"

I think you guys are reading that wrong. There are just pointing out that the Limited (continues to) use the dual-zone.

dtrop 08-28-2015 11:22 AM

I don't know.

I mean, it makes no sense for them to change it.

It reads like they are going with the premium.

It reads, they are substituting the limited brz dual for the premium.