Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   People's Reaction to Your New FR-S (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6559)

Stevieray 05-19-2012 10:31 AM

People's Reaction to Your New FR-S

What kind of reactions have you received from people seeing your new FR-S?
What kind of questions? Do they take photos?

Mr. Mcoupe 05-19-2012 10:47 AM

nope.

luxmn 05-19-2012 11:11 AM

they still cant believe i have it, one guy filmed my car in a parking lot then called his friend, his friend then called his friend, i was afraid of getting robbed at the point so i left. our neighbor keeps checking out our driveway hehe :D

Mr.Eightsix 05-19-2012 11:19 AM

FRS reactions !!! Priceless

I picked up my car two days ago, and man I have nothing but positive reactions from it. On Thursday I went down to Ontario, CA to hang out with friends and I saw this nice 2012 green camaro in which while I was driving right past him he couldn't keep his eyes of my car.

That same evening my friends and I headed out to Life Plaza in Puente Hills in which we went to eat at a japanese restaurant where we had a great view of my car and see people walk by it with their reactions in which there was at least ten different people who would walk by the car and check it out at different angles. On the way home the car that I used to want a 2013 Ford Mustang GT was tailgating me for a good amount of miles.

Yesterday I went to pick up one my friends in Orange county who hasn't seen my car yet in which she was blown away by it, and has already decided to look into getting an Automatic version of my car. We headed out to Pink's hotdogs in Hollywood and on the way there alot of people driving with Civics would ride close and then speed off. When I arrived at Pink's Hotdog's, I got a good parking spot in front of the valet in which while my friends and I were standing in line to order people kept stopping and looking at the car. Right before we left there was a man who seemed European who wondered what the car was, and thought it was a Maserati.

My favorite highlight of last night was when on my way home in LA traffic at 12:30 at night there was a Subaru impreza wrx sedan that rode close to my car sped up, opened his window to give me the thumbs up for my car. Having this experience being a First 86er has been amazing. Today I have to pick up my mom from LAX, but if anything interesting happens I'll follow you up.

mattles 05-19-2012 11:52 AM

I get mobbed from time to time, almost cause accidents on the freeway, etc.

The other night at a bar someone saw my car in the parking lot and demanded to know who the owner was, he couldnt believe someone in phoenix had one already.

Lots of positive response from the SCCA guys, I brought the car out to a couple events in the phx metro area and people have sooooo many questions.

Its generally a good time.

Mr.Eightsix 05-19-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattles (Post 218081)
I get mobbed from time to time, almost cause accidents on the freeway, etc.

The other night at a bar someone saw my car in the parking lot and demanded to know who the owner was, he couldnt believe someone in phoenix had one already.

Lots of positive response from the SCCA guys, I brought the car out to a couple events in the phx metro area and people have sooooo many questions.

Its generally a good time.

I like the bar experience that you mentioned. That sounds really funny. Did you say anything or did you keep quiet??

mattles 05-19-2012 11:59 AM

yea I brought him out to see the car and everything. Pretty nice guy with a tuned impreza.

Mr.Eightsix 05-19-2012 12:04 PM

That's cool. When I first read your post, I was just picturing in my mind someone who was drunk, and acting a fool.

Brett 05-19-2012 12:51 PM

I've had a few double takes, and one kid ask me at a light if it was an FRS.

Brett

Paste 05-19-2012 02:15 PM

My first thought was, "I wish it was Toyota badged."

civicdrivr 05-19-2012 03:35 PM

People hear either have no idea what it is and dont look twice, or they know exactly what it is and nearly run into you when they stare.

I had one guy scream nice as he passed me. A guy in an S2k tried getting me to race two days ago. And another guy in an M-coupe stared obsessively while we were driving through traffic. Its a bit odd to have so many people staring, Im not used to it.

kayhettin 05-19-2012 03:41 PM

up here in NOVA people have been pretty much breaking their necks trying to see it, or see what it is. Since mine was the first in the area Ptuning got in contact with me and are going to be getting some parts made pretty soon. I went to a local car meet yesterday and got swarmed by on lookers. I let anyone who asked to sit in it in. And even though their were G-TRs and many other nice looking cars, it's nothing like seeing in-person the only car in such a large radius.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PTUNING/185497841268

uneekvisions 05-19-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paste (Post 218179)
My first thought was, "I wish it was Toyota badged."

* Orders Toyota badges online
lol

civicdrivr 05-19-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayhettin (Post 218240)
up here in NOVA people have been pretty much breaking their necks trying to see it, or see what it is. Since mine was the first in the area Ptuning got in contact with me and are going to be getting some parts made pretty soon. I went to a local car meet yesterday and got swarmed by on lookers. I let anyone who asked to sit in it in. And even though their were G-TRs and many other nice looking cars, it's nothing like seeing in-person the only car in such a large radius.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PTUNING/185497841268

Are you going to the meet tomorrow? Ill be there.