Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Monthly Blackhawk Cars & Coffee Meet (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92348)

MisterSheep 07-27-2015 04:03 PM

Monthly Blackhawk Cars & Coffee Meet

I know there are some mentions of this car meet in threads but I did not see one just specifically for it. Wanted to get this thread together so people can talk about meeting up with other 86'ers to drive together to this meet. The next upcoming one is Sunday August 2nd and is located at Blackhawk Auto Museum in Danville.

BigFatFlip 07-27-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2336662)
I know there are some mentions of this car meet in threads but I did not see one just specifically for it. Wanted to get this thread together so people can talk about meeting up with other 86'ers to drive together to this meet. The next upcoming one is Sunday August 2nd and is located at Blackhawk Auto Museum in Danville.

I believe the last couple months, the 86Drive folks have organized a caravan to the meet. Check out the last couple pages of the Drive chat thread

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29572

The Racers Line 07-27-2015 07:05 PM

It would be cool to see more 86's out there. The Mustang and Camaro clubs always try and park in a row together. The only issue is, they claim it starts at 8am, when realistically, people start showing up around 6am, which makes parking very difficult.

overlookedx 07-27-2015 08:24 PM

This is one of my favorite local car shows because anyone can park anywhere and its got a great vibe to it. It would be great if we could roll in with a large group of 86s, I think our group for this event has been growing each month.

MyRx 07-27-2015 08:41 PM

@PMok has organized a Castro Valley rally point to the venue, thru a short canyon sprint towards Blackhawk. Anyone care to organize a San Ramon rally point, that's fine too. Meet up at Crow Canyon Commons, down the street from Blackhawk.

PMok 07-27-2015 08:45 PM

yup, last 2 months or so we have gathered up at around 6:30AM and rolled in to the show together... but as a fairly small group of about 5-6 cars. I am not 100% sure I can make it this month, but if someone (one of the regulars like @overlookedx or @The Racers Line?) wants to lead a short caravan drive there (you are free to pick a starting spot of your preference) please do and I will add the info up to the events calendar if we can post that up in advance. :thumbup:

MisterSheep 07-28-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Racers Line (Post 2336883)
It would be cool to see more 86's out there. The Mustang and Camaro clubs always try and park in a row together. The only issue is, they claim it starts at 8am, when realistically, people start showing up around 6am, which makes parking very difficult.

^^^ This is completely true. You see the camaro club park right in the middle of the parking lot and most people do get there around 6:30 which is kind of rediculous

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRx (Post 2337026)
@PMok has organized a Castro Valley rally point to the venue, thru a short canyon sprint towards Blackhawk. Anyone care to organize a San Ramon rally point, that's fine too. Meet up at Crow Canyon Commons, down the street from Blackhawk.

My girlfriend and I have always hit up the Starbucks in the Marketplace in San Ramon before we head up there. Her and her dad bring their 1966 Ford Broncos, they both have their own. I believe the road you guys drive through is Crow Canyon? from Castro Valley? I'm willing to meet up with other 86'ers before the meet for a roll in, the next question is who wants to set up/ organize the roll in.

overlookedx 07-29-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2337631)
My girlfriend and I have always hit up the Starbucks in the Marketplace in San Ramon before we head up there. Her and her dad bring their 1966 Ford Broncos, they both have their own. I believe the road you guys drive through is Crow Canyon? from Castro Valley? I'm willing to meet up with other 86'ers before the meet for a roll in, the next question is who wants to set up/ organize the roll in.

Why don't we just plan to meet up at that Starbucks? It wont be much of a drive, but that means that we can meet a bit later at around 7am and make the short drive to Blackhawk and still arrive early enough to park together.

Here's the address for anyone following along:
500 Market Place
San Ramon, CA

MisterSheep 07-29-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlookedx (Post 2339288)
Why don't we just plan to meet up at that Starbucks? It wont be much of a drive, but that means that we can meet a bit later at around 7am and make the short drive to Blackhawk and still arrive early enough to park together.

500 Market Place
San Ramon, CA

Officially meeting at Starbucks in Marketplace address is quoted above. 7am sharp. See ya'll there! It's a short 10-15min drive max to the show from there.

PMok 07-29-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2337631)
I believe the road you guys drive through is Crow Canyon? from Castro Valley?

Yes, we took Crow Canyon up to Blackhawk from CV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlookedx (Post 2339288)

500 Market Place
San Ramon, CA

OK, thanks for leading this one Chris. I've added this to the events calendar on 86DRIVE. If I'm not able to attend, I authorize you to issue 86DRIVE STARS to all drivers who join on this caravan to the BC&C. :thumbsup:

MisterSheep 07-29-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMok (Post 2339402)
OK, thanks for leading this one Chris. I've added this to the events calendar on 86DRIVE. If I'm not able to attend, I authorize you to issue 86DRIVE STARS to all drivers who join on this caravan to the BC&C. :thumbsup:

Im looking forward to meeting both of you there.

The Racers Line 07-30-2015 12:15 AM

I'm coming down from up north obviously, so I won't make the caravan, but I'll see you all there!

TofuJoe 08-01-2015 07:17 PM

Not sure if I'll make it to the caravan, but I'm planning to go tomorrow.

lamune 08-01-2015 08:17 PM

Will be there tomorrow at 7 or so. @PMok, any 86drive stickers? :)