Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bring Tcoat back (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146930)

Ultramaroon 09-21-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3467614)
Now back to the topic - where and why is @Tcoat?

:iono:

He's on his way to Amsterdam

Spuds 09-21-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

@Tcoat being AWOL reminds me of a back-in-the-day-Army story.

During a tour in Germany, back in the 60s, I had this soldier that went AWOL for 40 days but then finally returned to the unit. He wouldn't talk to anyone about why he was AWOL, all he said is that he went to Amsterdam.

I sent him over to the unit medical doctor for a checkup. Doc said that he had an emotional problem. So, I sent him over to the Chaplain. The Chaplain couldn't get him to talk about what happened to him.

@Tcoat, have I told this story before? - :iono:

Anyway, one evening I took this soldier for a walk in the motor pool at the far end of the kaserne (Coleman Barracks), Tcoat has been there.

We sat on the top of a M-113 APC and watched the sun go down. I asked him one more time what his story was. The young soldier burst out in tears and told me his story.

To make a long story short, when he was in Amsterdam, he fell in love. After a few dates with the person he fell in love with and he started to have sex. That's when he found out that the person he fell in love with, wasn't a woman, but was a man!

He just couldn't shake that, so, I sent him up to the Division HQ with a recommendation that he be evaluated for a section 8.

A week later, he was granted a Section 8, sent back to the states and discharged from the service.

Now back to the topic - where and why is @Tcoat?

Yes, you did tell that one before. But it's still funny.

soundman98 09-21-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3467629)
He's on his way to Amsterdam

wait... was he the guy that hum'z guy fell in love with?!?

humfrz 09-21-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds (Post 3467664)

Ya, I do miss ol Tcoat - he used to tell me when I told the same story twice - :(

@Spuds , I reckon you will just have to stand in for him - :iono:

Sapphireho 09-21-2021 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

humfrz 09-21-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundman98 (Post 3467670)
wait... was he the guy that hum'z guy fell in love with?!?

spike021 09-21-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds (Post 3467664)

It's ok, I missed it the first time. :)

wbradley 09-21-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

To make a long story short, when he was in Amsterdam, he fell in love. After a few dates with the person he fell in love with and he started to have sex. That's when he found out that the person he fell in love with, wasn't a woman, but was a man!
:

Ahhh, the crying game.

Poor guy, sounds like he wasn't looking for that, but somehow he got sucked into it.

Maybe it was a rouse to avoid court-martial.

Funny, there's guys on the other site that I frequent that worked on NATO bases in West Germany also.

Kaotic Lazagna 09-21-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbradley (Post 3467680)

Poor guy, sounds like he wasn't looking for that, but somehow he got sucked into it.

https://i.imgur.com/YAGpXPd.png?fb

humfrz 09-22-2021 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbradley (Post 3467680)
Ahhh, the crying game.

Maybe it was a rouse to avoid court-martial.

Funny, there's guys on the other site that I frequent that worked on NATO bases in West Germany also.

Oh, this soldier was "real". You would have had to have been there to appreciate that - :sigh:

I chaired several court martials in my time and believe me, if I thought he was putting me on - I would have seen him in my next court martial. Our motto was "bring the next guilty SOB in - 6 and 6 - next....."

:paddle:

FR-S2GT86 09-29-2021 12:58 PM

So, just a bit of an update:

I searched the obituaries online in his home town for his real name around the date of his last post on August 4, and found no entries. So, he's probably not dead yet.

Was sort of hoping for a high-speed fiery crash off of a cliff somewhere, which would be my preferred way to go. Sure would beat laying in bed moaning, "Oh, it hurts when I pee...." then....CROAK!

:evil:

wbradley 09-29-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 (Post 3469775)

Was sort of hoping for a high-speed fiery crash off of a cliff somewhere, which would be my preferred way to go. Sure would beat laying in bed moaning, "Oh, it hurts when I pee...." then....CROAK!

Sounds like you listen to too much Zappa :eyebulge:

humfrz 09-29-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 (Post 3469775)
So, just a bit of an update:

I searched the obituaries online in his home town for his real name around the date of his last post on August 4, and found no entries. So, he's probably not dead yet.

That ain't funny - I actually thought I WAS going to die! - :cry:

wbradley 09-29-2021 01:40 PM

Nobody wants to experience the umbrella test. Please don't ask me to explain it.

As a Canadian, I had the privilege to visit Cuba when I was younger, but after Russia had imploded. This was at a time that "tourism" to Cubans was hanging out with foreign travellers when they were off school or on break and all I can say is thank goodness as poor as they were they had free health care. And contraceptives too.

Not to make light of anyone recountng their infection or passing stones. It hurts to imagine.