Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What did you do to your 2nd gen BRZ today? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147693)

timurrrr 12-06-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rcode (Post 3486888)
I ruined my BRZ's 3 week old stock brake pads at the track these past two days! By session 3 on the first day I had to cut braking distances by a really significant amount.

Car did awesome though! Very easy to learn although figuring out the right gearing for certain areas is proving challenging. It really sucks that the brakes took away a lot of confidence I had because it's easily capable of 2:20ish or even faster out of the box with a better driver. My goal is sub 2:20 at Eagles Canyon sometime later this year.

Why didn't you just get track pads?

ripper 12-06-2021 12:23 PM

fire bottle

1 Attachment(s)
Installed a fire bottle in the boot. Wasn't happy with the under front passenger seat option, took up too much leg room, so this is where it ended up.

Rcode 12-06-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timurrrr (Post 3486967)
Why didn't you just get track pads?

I really thought the stock pads + the Castrol SRF fluid that's in there now might be ok for the first time out. I only intended for this weekend to be a learning experience since this was my first time out on track in something that isn't FWD. I expected to have to replace the pads after the weekend anyway. Just kind of surprised at how quick they wore down.

I'll be ordering track pads very soon, I've just gotta find which set is best for me.

timurrrr 12-06-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rcode (Post 3486992)
I really thought the stock pads + the Castrol SRF fluid that's in there now might be ok for the first time out. I only intended for this weekend to be a learning experience since this was my first time out on track in something that isn't FWD. I expected to have to replace the pads after the weekend anyway. Just kind of surprised at how quick they wore down.

IMO: OEM pads are good for at most a couple of first track days per driver, not per car.

If you've done 10+ track days and picked up some pace, it's not a surprise you can cook the OEM pads on a brand new car in one track day.

Interceptor777 12-06-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rcode (Post 3486992)

I'll be ordering track pads very soon, I've just gotta find which set is best for me.

Is the Castrol SRF in there stock or did you put it in there?

I'm looking to do pads + fluid but if the fluid in there is already high temp then no need to waste money. I won't be hot lapping this thing anyways just a few push laps at most.

Rcode 12-06-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timurrrr (Post 3487017)
IMO: OEM pads are good for at most a couple of first track days per driver, not per car.

If you've done 10+ track days and picked up some pace, it's not a surprise you can cook the OEM pads on a brand new car in one track day.

I absolutely agree with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interceptor777 (Post 3487022)
Is the Castrol SRF in there stock or did you put it in there?

I'm looking to do pads + fluid but if the fluid in there is already high temp then no need to waste money. I won't be hot lapping this thing anyways just a few push laps at most.

I had to put it in there, that would be pretty sweet if it came like that stock but would be a bit overkill for most! The stock pads were really good initially, it's just under the sustained heavy braking for 20+ minutes that really tested them.

Fingat 12-06-2021 07:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I covered up some of the silver.

tenderization 12-06-2021 07:36 PM

Found out today that the STI accessories aren't expected to be in before March, the dealer gave me the option of cancelling that part of the order...

Sym 12-06-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenderization (Post 3487095)
Found out today that the STI accessories aren't expected to be in before March, the dealer gave me the option of cancelling that part of the order...

Time to email my dealer, they originally gave me a December estimate for the STI parts.

jongers 12-06-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenderization (Post 3487095)

Asked the local dealership (Irvine) for eta's.

STI front lip + rear quarters = middle -> end of Jan

sides = march.

If you have the option to cancel, I would just order it separately as the dealership I called is offering 15% off MSRP (lots of parts dept offer some sort of discount if you order online and pick up from the dealership)

tenderization 12-06-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jongers (Post 3487099)
Asked the local dealership (Irvine) for eta's.

STI front lip + rear quarters = middle -> end of Jan

sides = march.

If you have the option to cancel, I would just order it separately as the dealership I called is offering 15% off MSRP (lots of parts dept offer some sort of discount if you order online and pick up from the dealership)

I'm based in Irvine at the moment but I am leaning towards no accessories at all. To be honest I prefer a more understated look and this whole ordeal is delaying PPF/ceramic coating.

jongers 12-06-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenderization (Post 3487100)
I'm based in Irvine at the moment but I am leaning towards no accessories at all. To be honest I prefer a more understated look and this whole ordeal is delaying PPF/ceramic coating.

If you can, get the PPF on your bumper ASAP. I remember my black 86 had some real noticeable rock chips when I waited 4 months after purchasing to get it. :mad0259:

As for the rest of the aero, I'm thinking that it should still attach fine after coating the car (screws in from the bottom of the car from what I saw, might need to check the install guides). Coating the STI aero yourself should be pretty easy too!

MikeNSX2 12-06-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingat (Post 3487094)
Yesterday I covered up some of the silver.

Looks nice. Where did you buy these?

Fingat 12-06-2021 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeNSX2 (Post 3487104)
Looks nice. Where did you buy these?

I bought a roll of 3M 2080 carbon wrap on amazon.