Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   BRZ Price Paid (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119291)

BaatLuk 06-07-2017 05:56 PM

BRZ Price Paid

Starting a thread to help potential buyers get the best deal on a new BRZ.

Model year:
Trim e.g. Premium, Limited, Series Yellow:
Type of Purchase (ToP)(Lease, Finance, traded-in):
Color:
Upgrades/Options e.g. Performance Package:
Price Paid (before TTL):
Dealership/Geographical Area:

Since used car prices vary significantly based on lots of factors, let's keep this thread to only new BRZs. Feel free to share any strategy to get your best deal or dealership experiences.

imnotsureaboutbrz 06-07-2017 06:04 PM

Model year: 2017
Trim e.g. Premium, Limited, Series Yellow: Series.Yellow
Type of Purchase (ToP)(Lease, Finance, traded-in): Finance
Color: Yellow!
Upgrades/Options e.g. Performance Package: Got the dealer to swap Primacy Tires for Blizzaks (I purchased during winter)
Price Paid (before TTL): $28,750 (invoice +$500 Loyal bucks)
Dealership/Geographical Area: Subaru of Puyallup/ Seattle area

joro2 06-07-2017 06:20 PM

MY: 2017
Trim: Premium
Type of Purchase: Cash (no trade in)
Color: Dark Gray Metalic
MSRP (base): $25,495
Options: Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass and HomeLink $354.00; Cargo Tray $72.00
Destination & Delivery: $820
MSRP (total; i.e. $25,495 base + above options/delivery): $26,741
Price Paid (out the door including ~6% sales tax, tags, misc fees, etc.): $26,400
Dealership/Geographical Area: Subaru of Pembroke Pines, Pembroke Pines FL (if in SE Florida I highly recommend this dealership)

Tcoat 06-07-2017 06:34 PM

For this to have any value to anybody the price needs to be what was paid for the car and options only. If people include taxes, fees, discounts, etc then the end results could be very misleading. Not all States have the same costs associated with a new car purchase so could fool somebody into thinking they got a way better or worse deal than they really did.

Oh...and totally ignore the prices Canadians may put up there unless you are another Canadian. We pay more.

joro2 06-08-2017 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2924531)
For this to have any value to anybody the price needs to be what was paid for the car and options only.

Re: 2017 BRZ Premium, from my previous post above

With options (Homelink Mirror, Cargo Tray) and factory destination/delivery ($820) the total MSRP was $26,741.00. Before taxes and govt. & dealer fees I paid $23,588.00 (a savings of $3,153.00 under MSRP).

In Florida there are higher dealer fees (compared to e.g. California from where I recently relocated). That's obviously how dealers make up some of the seemingly deeper discounts off MSRP offered here (also compared to CA).

So to summarize, after sales tax, dealer and govt. fees the final out the door cost was $26.4K. I negotiated an "everything included out the door price", and as a simple rule of thumb (and after much local/regional research and shopping) I realized anything that came all-in (out the door) at or close to MSRP was (for me) an acceptable deal.

Another selling point (again, for me*) in addition to price was the dealer accommodating my request for exactly what I wanted: Premium w/ almost no added options, directly off the truck, didn't sit on the lot, never been test driven, etc. (*not an enticement for everyone, but for me this appealed to my OCD side).

brz-times 06-08-2017 05:24 AM

Model year:2016
Trim e.g. Premium, Limited, Series Yellow:Hyper Blue
Type of Purchase (ToP)(Lease, Finance, traded-in):Finance
Color:Hyper Blue
Upgrades/Options e.g. Performance Package:N/A
Price Paid (before TTL):CA$660 for a month after TAX(12%) with CA$2000 down
Dealership/Geographical Area:Richmond Subaru in greater Vancouver Area

Tcoat 06-08-2017 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joro2 (Post 2924744)
Re: 2017 BRZ Premium, from my previous post above

With options (Homelink Mirror, Cargo Tray) and factory destination/delivery ($820) the total MSRP was $26,741.00. Before taxes and govt. & dealer fees I paid $23,588.00 (a savings of $3,153.00 under MSRP).

In Florida there are higher dealer fees (compared to e.g. California from where I recently relocated). That's obviously how dealers make up some of the seemingly deeper discounts off MSRP offered here (also compared to CA).

So to summarize, after sales tax, dealer and govt. fees the final out the door cost was $26.4K. I negotiated an "everything included out the door price", and as a simple rule of thumb (and after much local/regional research and shopping) I realized anything that came all-in (out the door) at or close to MSRP was (for me) an acceptable deal.

Another selling point (again, for me*) in addition to price was the dealer accommodating my request for exactly what I wanted: Premium w/ almost no added options, directly off the truck, didn't sit on the lot, never been test driven, etc. (*not an enticement for everyone, but for me this appealed to my OCD side).

LOL Mine was the showroom car for 4 months. God only knows how many people sat, leaned, open the hood, or drooled on it. At least I knew nobody had drove it much though.

jmark 06-08-2017 07:01 AM

Trim e.g. Premium, Limited,: Limited
Color: ICM
Upgrades/Options e.g. Performance Package: Performance Package with PP#3
Price Paid (before TTL): $27918
Dealership/Geographical Area: Vic Bailey Subaru/ Spartanburg SC

2013dgmbrzdood 06-08-2017 09:52 AM

Mine was free, i found it on the side of the road one day.

reebis 06-08-2017 10:11 AM

Trim e.g. Premium, Limited, Series Yellow: Limited
Color: WRB!!!
Upgrades/Options e.g. Performance Package: Performance Package, Homelink Mirror, bumper applique & Cargo Tray
Price Paid (before TTL): $28,468, includes Subaru Friends & Family discount and $500 Subaru Loyalty Coupon
Dealership/Geographical Area: Chicago Suburbs - Gerald Subaru, Naperville

Tcoat 06-08-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013dgmbrzdood (Post 2924927)
Mine was free, i found it on the side of the road one day.

Well if it was a 55 Chevy 4 door hardtop with a broken frame and big buckle through the roof where the whole car bent then it may have been mine since that was exactly how I disposed of it. Took a week before somebody hauled it away.

Nakioki 06-08-2017 11:32 AM

Type of Purchase (ToP)(Lease, Finance, traded-in): Financed
Color: WRB
Upgrades/Options e.g. Performance Package: Performance Package
Price Paid (before TTL): $27,831
Dealership/Geographical Area: Timmons Subaru - Long Beach California

Azzudien 06-08-2017 11:38 AM

Trim e.g. Premium, Limited, Series Yellow: Series Yellow
Color: Yellow
Upgrades/Options e.g. Performance Package: Performance Package + Full STI ground effects package
Price Paid (before TTL): $29456
Dealership/Geographical Area: Goldstein Subaru - Albany NY

goldenfri 06-08-2017 03:50 PM

Color: CWP
Upgrades/Options e.g. Performance Package: Performance Package only
Price Paid (before TTL): $26931, includes $200 loyalty certificate from Subaru Corp.
Dealership/Geographical Area: Northern VA