Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts - Lighting (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Scion FR-S RGB MULTICOLOR DRL Bulbs: Plug & Play! Control W/Smartphone App (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40035)

Diode Dynamics 06-25-2013 04:55 PM

Scion FR-S RGB MULTICOLOR DRL Bulbs: Plug & Play! Control W/Smartphone App

http://diodedynamics.com/images/glob.../prismlogo.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYIKq0zmDkU"]FR-S Multicolor LED Fog/DRLs from Diode Dynamics - YouTube[/ame]

Diode Dynamics is proud to introduce a revolutionary new product: PRISM multicolor LED bulbs, for direct replacement in any fog light or DRL application. This is an exclusive, unique product, designed and developed by Diode Dynamics LLC.

The kit includes two bulbs and a remote control. Set the lights to white or amber to drive around, with the normal nice look of white LEDs. They'll stay on that color until you change it.

When you want to show off, pull out the remote control, and amaze your friends as the fog lights change color! There are 9 preset colors, but you can also program 5 colors to whatever you'd like!

The small addition of color sets the whole vehicle off with a new look, and will turn heads every time! No one will believe you can change the color of your lights with a remote control!

The whole system is 100% plug-and-play: just replace your factory bulbs, and plug the power wire into your factory socket.

Included in your order:

- Two RGB Multicolor 30-5050 SMD bulbs in 9005 size
- Power connector wire (plugs directly into your factory socket for simple installation)
- One Radio-Frequency remote control (Bluetooth / WiFi RGB Controllers Optional)

Please note: Just like any LED DRL replacement, the LEDs will still turn on as your high beams, but will not project nearly as much light as the factory light. This product is intended for its cosmetic upgrade benefits.

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email us at contact@diodedynamics.com Post, PM or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

lbroskee 06-26-2013 10:45 AM

ok this is sick, but i have a Manual and my DRLs only come on with E-brake off (not smart at a car show). how would i go about showing these off at a show then?

Richard Cranium 06-26-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbroskee (Post 1026633)
ok this is sick, but i have a Manual and my DRLs only come on with E-brake off (not smart at a car show). how would i go about showing these off at a show then?

My easy button says leave it in gear and implement some wheel chalks at opposite corners.

On topic - these are cool...sub'd for potential future purchase.

Diode Dynamics 06-26-2013 02:18 PM

We include the DRL plug to make the installation EXTREMELY easy, but you can wire them up any way you'd like. For example, you could just splice the power wire into your parking lights, or plug them into your low beam socket for the show.

Paul

lbroskee 06-26-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics (Post 1027184)
We include the DRL plug to make the installation EXTREMELY easy, but you can wire them up any way you'd like. For example, you could just splice the power wire into your parking lights, or plug them into your low beam socket for the show.

Paul

So they r PnP? And then the remote jus works? If its that simple i may def pick up a set

Diode Dynamics 06-26-2013 03:04 PM

Yes, the installation is very simple. We even have a detailed instruction sheet to make the installation as easy as possible. If you still have questions after looking at the instructions provided we are always here to help!

-Nick C.

scionfr_s 06-26-2013 04:01 PM

really cool but $80 for it is little high lol

lbroskee 06-26-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scionfr_s (Post 1027539)
really cool but $80 for it is little high lol

Think of it lik this. A reg white DRL led is lik 40-45. So the other price for receivers, remote, and RGB isn't that bad

Diode Dynamics 06-27-2013 10:19 AM

This uses multicolor LED bulbs with a RF RGB controller, specially designed for this application. Feel free to shop around for multicolor lighting prices... this is an extremely good deal for what you get. Some of the name brands out there would charge $90 just for the controller.

Thanks,
Paul

j2digit 07-13-2013 06:28 PM

Are these legal here in Cali? You know, running with different color drl. Just asking, thanks. Btw, I do have pictures of your products but they were the normal drl and switchbacks I got a few months back.

Brody602 07-14-2013 09:34 AM

Would it be possible to use 1 remote for rgb footwell kit and these drl's and a set of angel eyes?

NorCalGirl 07-15-2013 12:17 PM

Do you have any special FT86CLUB member pricing for this??

post_break 07-16-2013 10:16 AM

RF remote, so you guys have confirmed it works from inside the vehicle?

Diode Dynamics 07-16-2013 10:32 AM

Yes, I played with it on the way to a Drift Union event this past Saturday.

It works great and has a a fairly long range

Let me know if you need more information.

Nick C.