Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New here? Come say hi =) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7)

Hachiroku 10-10-2009 09:15 PM

New here? Come say hi =)

Welcome to FT86club! Well, you're probably here because you're interested in this car. And that's why I'm here and put up this fansite :)

Can't wait for this car to go production. 2011 seems way too long away! But hopefully we can all pass that time together by sharing info and discussions until it's finally on the streets.

Be sure to bookmark the homepage blog. I've been a blogger for years so will be updating the blog with any new FT86 developments, info, and news.

Again, welcome and looking forward to chatting with you all.

Kenji 10-10-2009 09:56 PM

Well I guess I'll be the first. Name is Kenji, from Miami. Happy with my RX-8 but always looking ahead to next car. Something like this is right up my alley. I just hope they make it light and tossable. I'll be checking in often and thanks for this site.

-- Kenji

86Fan 10-10-2009 11:46 PM

Hi

Nice layout! Just wanted to say hi =). Can't wait for the real car to arrive.

JDMinc 10-11-2009 10:13 AM

Jon here. If toyota actually produces a car that looks like this and costs around $20k, you'll be seeing me lots around here. Glad to find a forum for the FT86 already. Bookmarked!

FT-MH 10-11-2009 10:50 AM

:Dwelcome!!

Aznsky 10-11-2009 11:04 AM

Rob Here saying hi!

Current owner of a 350Z that I autocross/track a decent amount but long-time die-hard toyota fan. But can't wait to get this and kick butt in autocross!!

oldeskewltoy 10-11-2009 04:06 PM

Hi..... :D

Jordo! 10-11-2009 05:45 PM

Hey there

Jordo from Tampa -- entirely too eager to buy and boost this car... :rolleyes:

gatchaman 10-11-2009 11:16 PM

Hi everyone. Glad to find this place and join up. Looking forward to learning and following this car's development

BanningFT 10-12-2009 09:00 AM

Celica/Z owner, but I have to say that the FT is beautiful, and I will always love Toyota's

Mouse 10-12-2009 09:04 AM

I've owned three miatas and currently own a yaris. I'm really looking forward to this car.

dante 10-12-2009 10:47 AM

Hi! Current driver of a tC here, and I'm pretty excited about this coming out (oh pleasepleasepleaseplease bring it over here to the States, Toyota). Toyota originally brought Scion out as a separate brand in order to gain market share with people who would have never even bothered to shop there previously, and then wanted those people to transition into the Toyota family. Well, they got me with the first part (when the tC came out it had an amazing amount of spec standard, and was faster than anything else in the sub-$16k category, or even sub $20k) but UTTERLY FAILED in the second. I'm supposed to go from a $16k Scion to... a $32k Lexus? That's the only other car in the Toyota family that's even remotely sporting. Or a $20k Matrix? Nope, don't have kids and don't need that kind of practicality.

There was just a huge hole in the lineup between the $16k (ok, it's now $17k) tC and anything even remotely sporty/fun to drive. So as I'm thinking about finally replacing the tC (5 years old now), I've been contemplating any number of low $20k sporty cars to replace it. GTI. MCS. MS3. Civic SI. Abarth 500 (if it ever gets here). I want small, fun to drive, lightweight, decent power-weight ratio, low 20k range, Coupe (or I'd already have a Miata, but it gets REALLY cold here in WI). While I'd like RWD, I'm not about to give up on the small and lightweight aspect just to get it (I'm looking at you, Genesis Coupe, Mustang, Camaro, etc).

Basically, I want a RWD Mini Cooper S. Small. Lightweight (2650lbs). 170hp. $21k. Well built. If Toyota can achieve that with this, it'll be the next car in my driveway when it gets here. If they can't achieve this (2900+lbs, less than 160hp, more than $23k) I'll just start test-driving the MINI, Abarth, A1 (c'mon Audi, bring this over as well), and I'll be another ex-Toyota customer.

ghetto_kustomz 10-12-2009 02:19 PM

Hello everyone my Name is JR, i a own 01 celica,94 paseo, n x-runner when i heard about this car couldn't believe how good it looked. very happy to be apart of this form

Supra 10-12-2009 05:07 PM

Hello everyone, another member from Houston.

Im Alex and I drive a '94 Toyota Supra.