Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Is the 2023 BRZ model run sold out? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152092)

AnalogMan 12-19-2022 07:37 PM

Is the 2023 BRZ model run sold out?

I've been interested in moving from my 2019 BRZ to a new 2023, but almost all of the dealers I've contacted in New England tell me ordering of new BRZ's is closed (which makes me suspicious of the one dealer who said they can still order a car, and will happily take my non-refundable deposit to do so).

Does anyone know what the real situation is? Is the 2023 model run sold out? Is it a temporary hold because of the infamous supply chain constraints? Or is it dealer-specific?

Thanks!

smoltz 12-19-2022 11:16 PM

Sent you a PM.

mycrors7 12-20-2022 01:13 AM

Ordering will likely open up around January or February for 2024 models. Some dealers will take down your info, put it on a list, and place an order as soon as ordering opens. The dealer I got my car from does this to simplify things for the customer and so they don’t have to explain how the Subaru ordering system works.

2023 models are pretty much sold out already. Only chance to get one at this point is if someone cancels their order and it becomes available

raisingAnarchy 12-20-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors7 (Post 3561021)
Ordering will likely open up around January or February for 2024 models. Some dealers will take down your info, put it on a list, and place an order as soon as ordering opens. The dealer I got my car from does this to simplify things for the customer and so they don’t have to explain how the Subaru ordering system works.

2023 models are pretty much sold out already. Only chance to get one at this point is if someone cancels their order and it becomes available

May I ask where you're getting this info? Curious if Subaru is throttling BRZ production each model year to a certain number, the same way Toyota has been threatening the GR Corolla limited production #s.

OkieSnuffBox 12-20-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisingAnarchy (Post 3561045)
May I ask where you're getting this info? Curious if Subaru is throttling BRZ production each model year to a certain number, the same way Toyota has been threatening the GR Corolla limited production #s.

SWAG based on what's been happening.

I'd suspect ordering for 2024 models won't open until April, just like ordering for 2023 models didn't open until April of this year.

I ordered my 2023 in late April this year and it arrived September 3rd.

PLX92 12-20-2022 10:50 AM

Same region as you OP, I began working with a dealer on Nov. 14th, they were not able to place an order that day, or several weeks following when they received their allocations. Both were kicked back by SOA. They agreed to check with the regional sales rep and continue to try an get an order through, but no one is really clear when that may be.

AnalogMan 12-20-2022 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLX92 (Post 3561070)
Same region as you OP, I began working with a dealer on Nov. 14th, they were not able to place an order that day, or several weeks following when they received their allocations. Both were kicked back by SOA. They agreed to check with the regional sales rep and continue to try an get an order through, but no one is really clear when that may be.

That's the response I'm getting from most dealers in MA/CT/RI/VT/ME (yeah, I've called around). No one is able to tell me when ordering might reopen.

It makes me even more suspicious of the one dealer who said they'd take my money and place an order with delivery in 4-6 months. I might otherwise have gambled on that, except the deposit is non-refundable (everyone else has said any deposit would be fully refundable). I don't want to give someone my money and fund out later, oops, no cars and an indefinite time until one might be available, and by the way my money is locked up with them.

Oh well. Good thing I love my 2019 BRZ. A new one is definitely a want to have, not a need to have.

Stonehorsw 12-20-2022 11:48 AM

I would suggest checking with SOA in a case like this
1 (800) 782-2783

Stonehorsw 12-20-2022 11:49 AM

While better than Toyota’s process, it is still a PITA with current situation. I would say that SOA may provide you better info and even a discount as you’re a Subaru customer.

AnalogMan 12-20-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonehorsw (Post 3561076)
I would suggest checking with SOA in a case like this
1 (800) 782-2783

SOA wasn't very helpful. After being on hold for a long time, with the person seeming to go and try to find out, the agent told me they 'have no information' on availability.

With the mixed messages I'm hearing from dealers (though most saying ordering is closed), it doesn't fill me with enthusiasm to write anyone a check right now.

OkieSnuffBox 12-20-2022 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogMan (Post 3561151)
SOA wasn't very helpful. After being on hold for a long time, with the person seeming to go and try to find out, the agent told me they 'have no information' on availability.

With the mixed messages I'm hearing from dealers (though most saying ordering is closed), it doesn't fill me with enthusiasm to write anyone a check right now.

Then don't. Especially the one who was telling you it's available with a non-refundable deposit.

However, I will say when I ordered mine and we confirmed it was open because we sat at his computer and went through all the options, I had to put down a $1k non-refundable deposit.

It was refundable under two conditions:

1. They couldn't get me financed.
2. The car arrived damaged.

Stonehorsw 12-20-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogMan (Post 3561151)

Sorry to hear that, seems like it is even worse now.

mycrors7 12-20-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisingAnarchy (Post 3561045)

combination of reading/listening to order stories for the past 1.5 years, placing my own order and helping a few friends place their orders and have friends who work at different Subaru Dealers locally.

one thing common between every order is that there is a time period in which ordering opens for the vehicle, then ordering closes. This was confirmed by all my friends who work at Subaru dealerships, my salesman, and the GM from the dealer I purchased my vehicle from.

Subaru doesn't sell enough BRZ's to consider making more per year. They make more money producing GR86's for Toyota, which is why more GR86 are made. Gotta remember that all things considered, Subaru is a relatively small company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox (Post 3561056)
SWAG based on what's been happening.

I'd suspect ordering for 2024 models won't open until April, just like ordering for 2023 models didn't open until April of this year.

I ordered my 2023 in late April this year and it arrived September 3rd.

Orders placed in the last week of last year, right before ordering closed were all mostly 2023 orders as well.
A good friend placed an order on January 6th, 2022, a few days before ordering closed, and he got his car about a month ago. He's had a VON almost the entire time.

It's almost somewhat dependent on the dealer as well, as Subaru wants all dealers to take a piece of the pie. Some

OkieSnuffBox 12-21-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors7 (Post 3561198)
Orders placed in the last week of last year, right before ordering closed were all mostly 2023 orders as well.
A good friend placed an order on January 6th, 2022, a few days before ordering closed, and he got his car about a month ago. He's had a VON almost the entire time.

It's almost somewhat dependent on the dealer as well, as Subaru wants all dealers to take a piece of the pie. Some

That's bizarre and sucks for him. Jan to Nov is a hell of a wait.

I ordered I think April 26th and received my car Sept 3rd. And it would have been a couple of weeks sooner if weren't for the truck driver shortage.