Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   killerb oil pickup (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144927)

Breadman 04-14-2021 12:14 PM

killerb oil pickup

So i just got off the phone finalizing my longblock, and IAG recommended against the killerb pickup do to what they claim as "inconsistencies". I had multiple people tell me to get it and this is the first ive heard about it. im going to trust them on this but does anyone have more information on this?

PulsarBeeerz 04-14-2021 12:31 PM

So what were the claimed inconsistencies..

Chuckls 04-14-2021 12:34 PM

I too would like to know what the inconsistencies are. Nick has been nothing but helpful when I've pinged him on facebook and gives me zero reason to doubt the quality of their products.

Westen86 04-14-2021 12:35 PM

SUB

NoHaveMSG 04-14-2021 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine, too long, bottomed out on oil pan. After months of trying to get a replacement I told them to just forget it. I initially just asked for the measurement on how long it should have been and I was going to cut it myself. They insisted of me sending it in, I should have said forget it and just cut it the same length as the stock pickup. Basically paid 130 bucks to write a "do not recommend" review on their FB page.

alphasaur 04-14-2021 12:56 PM

god damn it I just bought one

Breadman 04-14-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3423348)
Here is mine, too long, bottomed out on oil pan. After months of trying to get a replacement I told them to just forget it. I initially just asked for the measurement on how long it should have been and I was going to cut it myself. They insisted of me sending it in, I should have said forget it and just cut it the same length as the stock pickup. Basically paid 130 bucks to write a "do not recommend" review on their FB page.

did you get the wrx one? arent those longer than the twins ones? i wasnt sure if this was unique to the twins or it was overflow from wrx stuff. either way now i have a pickup sitting on my bar

NoHaveMSG 04-14-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphasaur (Post 3423350)
god damn it I just bought one

Most people I have heard got one had no issues. I don't think I would worry. I am not even that annoyed it was messed up, it was the whole ordeal of them getting me a replacement I just said forget it.

alphasaur 04-14-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3423355)
Most people I have heard got one had no issues. I don't think I would worry. I am not even that annoyed it was messed up, it was the whole ordeal of them getting me a replacement I just said forget it.

care to measure yours now? I can compare mine to yours to see whos is bigger :thumbsup::lol:

NoHaveMSG 04-14-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breadman (Post 3423353)
did you get the wrx one? arent those longer than the twins ones? i wasnt sure if this was unique to the twins or it was overflow from wrx stuff. either way now i have a pickup sitting on my bar

I don't believe so, I think the wrx one points a slightly different direction. This one was just too long. When I sent Nick the picture he just said, "I think I know what happened."

It would have worked had I just cut it.

NoHaveMSG 04-14-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphasaur (Post 3423356)
care to measure yours now? I can compare mine to yours to see whos is bigger :thumbsup::lol:

:clap:

I sent it back to them last summer. this was a year ago I ran into this issue.

TommyW 04-14-2021 01:12 PM

I used an IAG shortblock and my very competent engine builder used one so guessing there are no issues ay least with the FA20 version. I looked at it before install and it looked like a very solid unit compared to stock

alphasaur 04-14-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3423360)
:clap:

I sent it back to them last summer. this was a year ago I ran into this issue.

it's insane they wouldn't fix such a simple issue. Like give you a credit and tell you the correct size or something so you could cut it, would go such a long way in maintaining a good customer relationship :iono:

NoHaveMSG 04-14-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphasaur (Post 3423368)
it's insane they wouldn't fix such a simple issue. Like give you a credit and tell you the correct size or something so you could cut it, would go such a long way in maintaining a good customer relationship :iono:

They were supposed to send a replacement, they just forgot...........3 times :bonk:

I am sure they are good guys and the intent was good. The follow through though just didn't happen.