Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Before you bought this car, did you hesitate and realize you're buying the new Civic? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66672)

husker741 05-26-2014 06:49 PM

Before you bought this car, did you hesitate and realize you're buying the new Civic?

I know I didn't. But boy it is nauseating seeing how many people are ricing these cars out or just driving stupidly. The companies did great insuring that they would sell because they are priced competitively, but sometimes I wish it was more expensive to keep some people from buying it.

And to those of you who say "don't care what others say, do what you like", do you appreciate that your car's value is dwindling and your insurance is going up because people don't know how to drive these? When they first came out, the BRZ and FR-S were looked at as great looking, sweet cars by most people. They are still great to the people that appreciate what they do. It just sucks that the general public is starting to see these cars as loud, obnoxious, riced out cars.

The more I go through Facebook groups and see what people are doing to their cars, it just annoys the shit out of me. Sorry if you think I shouldn't get annoyed by it, but the more and more people do that shit, the more that these cars get lumped into the "rice" group.

/rant

austin_kw 05-26-2014 06:52 PM

JDM as frig, yo! :burnrubber:

Brndn704 05-26-2014 06:54 PM

Well I mean, Honda Civics do hold their values pretty damn well. Soooo, I don't see your point.

husker741 05-26-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical (Post 1760389)
Well I mean, Honda Civics do hold their values pretty damn well. Soooo, I don't see your point.

The most riced out car in America.

civdaddy 05-26-2014 06:55 PM

<---- easy there tiger.

husker741 05-26-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civdaddy (Post 1760391)
<---- easy there tiger.

:wub:

Tromatic 05-26-2014 06:56 PM

Heh. Looking forward to seeing the riced-out junk in ten years with rusty fart-cans and cracked Rocket Bozo bodywork. I'll (hopefully) be driving around in a very clean mostly-stock FR-S. Not really bothered by it, just want to make sure they know we are laughing at them, not with them.

acg2010 05-26-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker741 (Post 1760381)
but sometimes I wish it was more expensive to keep some people from buying it.

/rant

This is the case with almost any car that has an aftermarket. I've seen riced Lexus IS current generation and they start in the mid 30s. Stanced BMWs out there that look idiotic and again they're not cheap.

The other thing is, these really aren't that cheap. They're not in the civic price range. The civic starts at about 7k less, and you can get year or two old ones cheap. This car doesn't have nearly as large a used market to choose from and they start mid 20s. Though it's clear people have over extended themselves as I'm starting to see a lot of used ones with very low miles popping up.

husker741 05-26-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tromatic (Post 1760394)
Heh. Looking forward to seeing the rice-out junk in ten years with rusty fart-cans and cracked Rocket Bozo bodywork. I'll (hopefully) be driving around in a very clean mostly-stock FR-S. Not really bothered by it, just want to make sure they know we are laughing at them, not with them.

I'm modding mine with the intentions of making it unique to me, but clean in the process and able to take on a track better than it did when it was stock. There are many who are doing the same, which is awesome and I wish that more modded that way. However, that just isn't the case.

civdaddy 05-26-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker741 (Post 1760381)
I know I didn't. But boy it is nauseating seeing how many people are ricing these cars out or just driving stupidly. The companies did great insuring that they would sell because they are priced competitively, but sometimes I wish it was more expensive to keep some people from buying it.

And to those of you who say "don't care what others say, do what you like", do you appreciate that your car's value is dwindling and your insurance is going up because people don't know how to drive these? When they first came out, the BRZ and FR-S were looked at as great looking, sweet cars by most people. They are still great to the people that appreciate what they do. It just sucks that the general public is starting to see these cars as loud, obnoxious, riced out cars.

The more I go through Facebook groups and see what people are doing to their cars, it just annoys the shit out of me. Sorry if you think I shouldn't get annoyed by it, but the more and more people do that shit, the more that these cars get lumped into the "rice" group.

/rant

Take note of what's in your mod list. The exact thing your are complaining about. :iono:

husker741 05-26-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civdaddy (Post 1760399)
Take note of what's in your mod list. The exact thing your are complaining about. :iono:

I'm referencing the guys who are catless and full of rasp that sit in parking lots revving the shit out of their cars. Or dump the clutch at every stop light. Go check out my videos if you want. Yes its louder than stock, but its a very good sound, IMO. And others think the same way too.

I've still got 2 cats and a resonator.

ericmpena 05-26-2014 07:02 PM

That thought never crossed my mind. I'm more curious if people hesitate or realize they're making themselves look ghetto and trashy when getting their new tattoo...you know...cause it's nauseating seeing how many sluts and criminals have tattoos.

See how narrow minded that sounded?

husker741 05-26-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericmpena (Post 1760405)
That thought never crossed my mind. I'm more curious if people hesitate or realize they're making themselves look ghetto and trashy when getting their new tattoo...you know...cause it's nauseating seeing how many sluts and criminals have tattoos.

See how narrow minded that sounded?

I think you missed the sentence where I said I didn't think that before I bought the car. But now, it's annoying.

Brndn704 05-26-2014 07:06 PM

I used to care about what other people did with their cars and personal properties. But then I grew up and realized that it does not effect me at all. Therefore, why care?