Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GRMN 86 unveiled (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99096)

nikitopo 12-21-2015 03:26 AM

GRMN 86 unveiled

The new GRMN 86 presented today:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZDV3FxGvAg"]86GRMN Born on Nürbrugring - YouTube[/ame]

Big D Design 12-21-2015 04:38 AM

Excited to know more. There is just no end to how cool this car is. Some just don't get it how this car is so much more than it it's looks.

swarb 12-21-2015 04:45 AM

http://club4ag.com/2016-toyota-grmn-...to-salon-2016/

KR-S 12-21-2015 09:24 AM

Fuck you Toyota, and fuck you Japan.

Keeping all the good shit to yourself.

ichitaka05 12-21-2015 09:46 AM

Before everyone saying "Ugh +$60k w only +10hp? Too expensive!" or "It's only Japan? Why Toyota hate us."

My answer to first complain, GRMN spent over 3yrs engineering/deleveloping and hand crafted parts countless hrs spending R&D to win VLN 24hrs race and other races, of course it's not cheap. This is why it's limited edition. If you think, you can make better masterpiece that can win VLN 24hr race and other races FRS, then go for it. Gazoo Racing did and now, they're kind enough to sell that 86 (limited production but) to all the 86 maniacs. This is why FRS/BRZ was called "open canvas", you design your OWN FRS/BRZ to fit your wants & needs.

Second complain, don't hate Toyota, but thank Toyota. Yes, they're only bringing into Japan, but they're bringing more edi & parts. What other brand makes more different edi cars than Toyota? Maybe old Mazda (Miata) or maybe Ford (Mustang)? This means that, they haven't forgotten about the 86. They still care bout the 86. As long as Toyota keep developing, more parts will be made... more parts will be made means, more parts for us!

Instead of taking things in pessimistic way, gotta take it oppitmestic way! Do you prefer "Toyota & Subaru will stop making 86" news? I'll take these cool edi are releasing (even only in Japan) news than bad/sad 86 news any day of the wk.

BlackJesus 12-21-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR-S 86 (Post 2487149)
Fuck you Toyota, and fuck you Japan.

Keeping all the good shit to yourself.

Then again it's super expensive... 60k.

Tcoat 12-21-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 2487165)
Before everyone saying "Ugh +$60k w only +10hp? Too expensive!" or "It's only Japan? Why Toyota hate us."

My answer to first complain, GRMN spent over 3yrs engineering/deleveloping and hand crafted parts countless hrs spending R&D to win VLN 24hrs race and other races, of course it's not cheap. This is why it's limited edition. If you think, you can make better masterpiece that can win VLN 24hr race and other races FRS, then go for it. Gazoo Racing did and now, they're kind enough to sell that 86 (limited production but) to all the 86 maniacs. This is why FRS/BRZ was called "open canvas", you design your OWN FRS/BRZ to fit your wants & needs.

Second complain, don't hate Toyota, but thank Toyota. Yes, they're only bringing into Japan, but they're bringing more edi & parts. What other brand makes more different edi cars than Toyota? Maybe old Mazda (Miata) or maybe Ford (Mustang)? This means that, they haven't forgotten about the 86. They still care bout the 86. As long as Toyota keep developing, more parts will be made... more parts will be made means, more parts for us!

Instead of taking things in pessimistic way, gotta take it oppitmestic way! Do you prefer "Toyota & Subaru will stop making 86" news? I'll take these cool edi are releasing (even only in Japan) news than bad/sad 86 news any day of the wk.

And on top of that at least it is real and actually exists. Not some clickbait site's what if version made up by creative minds with a rendering program that will never actually see the light of day.

Big D Design 12-21-2015 10:08 AM

Would like to know wheel/tire specs

I read the write up with Club 4AG, but there is no mention of the tire/wheel setup specs. I would like to know wheel size, offset and weight. Also what tire is used. I'm hoping it's not just a slick, because racecar. Still want to know.

Currently Dunlop Direzza is my choice. For street I run 215/45/17 front and 225/45/17 rear. Going wider seems to just add weight and loose the maneuverability of the car. I dropped 8 pounds a corner of unsprung weight and you can feel the improvement like night and day.

Pickleahoy 12-21-2015 11:05 AM

I would give my left nut for those recaros

Tcoat 12-21-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickleahoy (Post 2487232)

Probably be cheaper than trying to actually buy them.

nikitopo 12-21-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D Design (Post 2487193)
I read the write up with Club 4AG, but there is no mention of the tire/wheel setup specs. I would like to know wheel size, offset and weight. Also what tire is used. I'm hoping it's not just a slick, because racecar. Still want to know.

Currently Dunlop Direzza is my choice. For street I run 215/45/17 front and 225/45/17 rear. Going wider seems to just add weight and loose the maneuverability of the car. I dropped 8 pounds a corner of unsprung weight and you can feel the improvement like night and day.

They use the new Potenza RE-71R tire. Sizes in front are 215/40R17 using a 17×7 1/2J rim and in rear 235/40R17 with a 17×8 1/2J.

FRSW12 12-21-2015 11:45 AM

At the current exchange rate, this car will cost about $54K USD. Limited 100 units only, I know a friend in Japan that signed up for the lottery but probably not gonna get it lol.

Just a few thoughts after see the GRMN 86:

1. The GRMN 86 may have shared some parts with the 14R60, such as the carbon fiber roof, some mechanical parts, etc. If Toyota is re-using some of the previous performance parts, maybe the rumored high performance version of the face lifted GT86 will also share some parts with these extreme performance versions.

2. Both GRMN 86 and 14R60 are designed to be street legal track car, but are probably aiming for different tracks, based on the aero design of the cars, it looks like the 14R60 is for smaller tracks with tons of turns, and the GRMN is for other trakcs.

3. That red GRMN seat is SICKKKKKK

4. I still like the 14R60 front bumper better

nzer 12-21-2015 12:26 PM

Our TR86 race series cars are US$52,000 but you can lease them per race round for US$2,700
http://news.motorsport.org.nz/toyota...lease-package/

Australia is starting a series too but looks like you build your own car to their specs. Here, it is truly a one-make series with all cars built and supplied by Toyota.

carbonBLUE 12-21-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickleahoy (Post 2487232)

I wish I had a left nut to give lol