Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   dealership thats willing to fix timing cover leak for "heavily modified" brz (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123366)

iarefluffy 11-14-2017 06:50 PM

dealership thats willing to fix timing cover leak for "heavily modified" brz

anyone recommend a dealership for my timing cover leak? the dealership i bought my car from said my car's too heavily modified and they wont do it. thanks!

Drakiv 11-16-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iarefluffy (Post 3004791)
anyone recommend a dealership for my timing cover leak? the dealership i bought my car from said my car's too heavily modified and they wont do it. thanks!

you are better off going to a specialty shop, I don't trust the dealerships anyways. Half the time they have no idea what they are doing. It's rare in my findings to get a dealership that has mechanics working there that actually give a shit or know what they are doing. Dealerships usually try to gouge you for more money anyways.

iarefluffy 11-22-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakiv (Post 3005991)
you are better off going to a specialty shop, I don't trust the dealerships anyways. Half the time they have no idea what they are doing. It's rare in my findings to get a dealership that has mechanics working there that actually give a shit or know what they are doing. Dealerships usually try to gouge you for more money anyways.

Yeah that's what I figured too, friends are telling me to try a different dealership since it's supposed to be under warranty. Thanks for the input!

Nakioki 11-22-2017 01:31 PM

Subaru Pacific?

TheRoops 11-22-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakioki (Post 3008444)
Subaru Pacific?

Nah, they'll do it but they won't do it well. They have limited ability with mods. I'd go with Black Beat Motor. He's an authorized Subaru repair shop and very well versed in modified cars.

vin08 11-23-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Ain't that the truth. I was looking for some to install my Open flash header on my 2016 and he laughed when I said I got a quote for $200 from a shop. He said he a tech from a Subaru dealer and they never do it for under $800-1200. I bought the header used for $300 so I told him he is crazy and I would do it myself. I did it in >5hrs by myself and that included 3 1/2 re-tapping an O2 sensor thread.

86 South Africa 11-23-2017 12:52 AM

Quote:

Funny part is that we have the same allllll the way over here in SA.
Dealers are seriously mediocre in most cases and care more abou telling you the parts that need to be replaced at twice the cost of anywhere else than really helping a car (particularly a modified one).

Drakiv 11-23-2017 06:13 PM

One of the biggest problems with dealerships is when they hire mechanics, its usually kids starting off that have no experience at all or just came out of school somewhere. Why do you think you get dealer installed swirl marks when you buy a brand new car. It's because the ones cleaning the cars are lot porters and typically they are kids with no experience detailing or washing cars. Nor do they care how they do it. It's the same principle with their mechanics, they are there to collect their paycheck and go home. When you go to a specialty shop its usually a smaller place, they can't afford to not do a good job. Not always the case with specialty or race shops, but you get what im saying. We all know the bad ones to stay away from. But that's how you get your experience, I feel like dealerships are stepping stones.

Shawnofthedead 11-23-2017 07:01 PM

I go to deity motor sports

ChrisGeezy 11-24-2017 08:37 PM

Where in socal are you? If you're near the 626 go to Autotuned. Ask for Young.

Vincenttam 11-25-2017 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisGeezy (Post 3009279)
Where in socal are you? If you're near the 626 go to Autotuned. Ask for Young.

lmao yea, i dont know if you've heard but young does some good stuff at autotune @iarefluffy

tracerit 12-03-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakioki (Post 3008444)
Subaru Pacific?

I read on Yelp that they were "mod friendly" so I brought my BRZ there for a timing cover fix. They resealed it but it ended up leaking again just a month later. But when I brought my BRZ in for a clutch throw out bearing fix, they noted that ECU had the OFT e85 flash on it and flagged it as modded with Subaru. BS!

I then went to Subaru Irvine and they were very friendly with resealing and fixing my throw out bearing again. Although I made sure I ddin't have an ECU flash on. I'd give them a try.

iarefluffy 12-12-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincenttam (Post 3009381)
lmao yea, i dont know if you've heard but young does some good stuff at autotune @iarefluffy

ill give it a whirl :w00t:

hanabie 12-12-2017 07:12 PM

Any dealership in LA area will do oil change on lowered twins?
Puente Hills just denied the service. Oh well, I might have to do this myself if noone will.