Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   FA20CLUB 4-1 HEADER VORTECH TEST RESULTS +40HP +30TQ (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41285)

FA20Club.com 07-11-2013 01:18 AM

FA20CLUB 4-1 HEADER VORTECH TEST RESULTS +40HP +30TQ

Allot of you have requested vortech testing for our header well now you have it. I want to thank Tony for driving 3 hours to get his car tuned by us and have his header installed. we also installed our flex fuel kit which some of you might not know we have have since last year but these tests were done on pure 93 octane which registered as E9 on the display LOL. we will be doing the 12 psi pulley and e85 in a couple weeks when he returns from his business trips. the baselines were done earlier in the day using his perrin base tune. honestly it was a bit lower than our previous perrin tune but im not basing these results on his original base. its just there for reference. with our tune loaded first pass was 252hp 188tq typical for most of our off the shelf vortech tune. up from his baseline of 215/173. now onto the fun part after cleaning up our tune for the new header we finished off a few pulls . it was really late and he still had to drive home so we left it there for the night. it is quite obvious the header really allows the charger to shine. all biased aside the results speak for themselves ive seen some other charts with the vortech and headers and based on those i didnt expect such a large improvement but im surprised every once in a while.

previous mods are perrin header back, perrin pulley and the vortech 9 psi kit. no i dont have videos so please dont ask. we were tired and decided to leave video for the e85 tune when we have more day light.

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7617a9d8.jpg

lexusb3 07-11-2013 01:23 AM

Nice numbers ... Again breaking all the odds and producing numbers!!!@FA20club.com FTW ...Tony I'm sure that's a fun car to drive ... When u get back we can trade cars since we have the same look lol enjoy it man and nice to meet u!

evo4g63 07-11-2013 01:35 AM

Wow, those are impressive numbers for 9psi and pump gas. Congrats guys

OjiGeorge 07-11-2013 01:40 AM

Wow...

tg_1981 07-11-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexusb3 (Post 1060411)
Nice numbers ... Again breaking all the odds and producing numbers!!!@FA20club.com FTW ...Tony I'm sure that's a fun car to drive ... When u get back we can trade cars since we have the same look lol enjoy it man and nice to meet u!

We are definitely swapping cars next time I wanna be able to pull like that monster you have. That vid you showed me of your car is ridiculous can't wait till it's posted!

tg_1981 07-11-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FA20Club.com (Post 1060399)
Allot of you have requested vortech testing for our header well now you have it. I want to thank Tony for driving 3 hours to get his car tuned by us and have his header installed. we also installed our flex fuel kit which some of you might not know we have have since last year but these tests were done on pure 93 octane which registered as E9 on the display LOL. we will be doing the 12 psi pulley and e85 in a couple weeks when he returns from his business trips. the baselines were done earlier in the day using his perrin base tune. honestly it was a bit lower than our previous perrin tune but im not basing these results on his original base. its just there for reference. with our tune loaded first pass was 252hp 188tq typical for most of our off the shelf vortech tune. up from his baseline of 215/173. now onto the fun part after cleaning up our tune for the new header we finished off a few pulls . it was really late and he still had to drive home so we left it there for the night. it is quite obvious the header really allows the charger to shine. all biased aside the results speak for themselves ive seen some other charts with the vortech and headers and based on those i didnt expect such a large improvement but im surprised every once in a while.

previous mods are perrin header back, perrin pulley and the vortech 9 psi kit. no i dont have videos so please dont ask. we were tired and decided to leave video for the e85 tune when we have more day light.

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7617a9d8.jpg

Tony thank you for the job you and your crew did. I am very happy with the results and can't wait for our next session.

sw20kosh 07-11-2013 03:19 AM

That is just incredible! That vortech loves your header. Synergy! I wonder if the Innovate blower will synergize too...? :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

First vortech user to reach basically 300 whp on pump gas with base pulley? I love it.

Nothing 07-11-2013 05:20 AM

Very, very nice. I have been wondering what numbers the 9psi tunes would put down with a header and exhaust. Nice to see them close to the turbo numbers we've been seeing.

Foobar 07-11-2013 06:31 AM

Awesome! So your header has no problem fitting with the vortech? I thought for sure the piece that loops up to where it would normally mate with a turbo would smack into the charger.

Definitely interested in getting your header and Vortech tune now. Maybe you can put together a combo deal for us vortech guys?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

swift996 07-11-2013 07:25 AM

Nice gains, I should have what they do on the innovate kit next week.

Sportsguy83 07-11-2013 07:30 AM

WOW, great numbers Tony!!

Proving your tuning skills time and time again with flying colors!

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/e6a/158...1331541481.jpg

FA20Club.com 07-11-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swift996 (Post 1060750)

let me know what you decide to do tuning wise...?

xjohnx 07-11-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swift996 (Post 1060750)

Where are you dynoing?

Pete 07-11-2013 08:09 AM

Holy F bomb! In for the group buy?

Post a vid so we can hear some noise from this masterpiece. <--- directed at the owner ;)
@Chris@Phastek @F1point4