Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Car Journals (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Team BRG build - 8R6 FRS (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67269)

8R6 06-03-2014 05:48 PM

Team BRG build - 8R6 FRS

22 Attachment(s)
Bought the car at the end of February 2014 and almost done building my FRS in two months. Now I'v just been looking for the perfect side splitters and rear diffuser set up to fit my tastes for the past month. So far this car has been the closest driving experience that I had back when I had an AP2 S2000. I had an 08 e92 328i before this car and it was an awesome car and treated me well for a long time, but I missed the rawness my AP2 had, so I finally sold the e92 and picked up an FRS (I just couldn't get myself to buy a used s2k now for the same price i sold it for back in 07 :( )

Major props to the following shops that have helped me and hooked me up with the parts for my car:
my homie's shop: Inspire www.inspire-usa.com
@ModBargains
@Kami Speed
and also a couple of awesome forum members that provided awesome pricing, packaging, and shipping for the taillights and rear cf spoiler

Mods:
cf rear lip spoiler
Seibon cf front lip
JDP cf front lip
Laziduck custom front splitter
CS-style sideskirts
Varis cf intake duct custom mounted
3M Gloss black roof wrap
SARD LSR wing custom wrapped in pearl white
Professionally painted candy apple red OEM taillights
Gramlights 57DR GunBlue - color-matched to whiteout
Regamaster Marquis Promada - professionally color-match painted to whiteout
Muteki neo-chrome extended lug nuts
245/40/17 Toyo Proxes T1Sport
215/45/17 Hankook V12 Evo2
ST coilovers
H&R Trak+ spacers
Whiteline camber bolts
alignment dialed in by WestEnd Alignment (Chris and Darrin are LEGIT)
Driveway Labs version 2 diffuser
JDM Toyota badges front/rear and GT86 badge
HKS Hi-Power single exit exhaust
HKS drop-in filter
Mishimoto intake pipe w/soundtube delete
Broadway mirror from 1995... thats older than some of you kids. lol

Pics:
from the day I picked up the car to last week after a car wash

[edit]
10.23.2014 - uploaded new shots from a shoot with jmeas photography

[edit]
03.24.2015 - added a pic from the JDM Swapmeet/Carshow over the weekend. Color-matched my wheels, added sideskirts, and swapped in ST coilovers :)

[edit]
04.11.2015 - alignment specs redone by WestEnd Alignment, -2.0 front, -2.7 rear. added chargespeed style CF rear spats. added tredwearletters. and washed car lol

[edit]
06.17.15 - after almost a 4 month wait, finally got my SARD wing delivered from Japan. Install was a breeze even with the installation instructions were all in Japanese.

[edit]
11.04.15 - wing wrap, new front lip, new wheels, lowered suspension 1/4" more

[edit]
11.16.15 - custom installed a Varis cf intake duct. also put on a new set of tire stickers....... from tirestickers.com lol

[edit]
02.27.16 - picked up a team sponsorship from MaxxOIL :)

Kami Speed 06-03-2014 06:06 PM

Car looks good!! Thanks for the props!

Enjoy the wheels ;)

Roxy86 06-03-2014 06:52 PM

Should combine forces and put the canards on the car with the lip...
or
put the lip on the car with the canards.

ModBargains 06-03-2014 07:52 PM

Thanks for the shoutout! Car looks great!

sdemo 06-03-2014 08:01 PM

Opened thread hoping for British Racing Green FRS. Was disappointed. :(

8R6 06-03-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdemo (Post 1776429)
Opened thread hoping for British Racing Green FRS. Was disappointed. :(

lol. my bad?

BRG is our car club. Boneout Racing Group

jgonx213 08-28-2014 02:03 PM

BRG! all dayy, EVERYDAY~

Carlos_M 08-28-2014 03:38 PM

How are you liking the Hotchkis springs? Your car is looking great so far!
-Carlos

8R6 10-23-2014 06:32 PM

added new photos from a shoot last weekend :)

vividracing 10-23-2014 07:43 PM

Really like the head lights!

8R6 10-23-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos_M (Post 1921988)
How are you liking the Hotchkis springs? Your car is looking great so far!
-Carlos

sorry for late response, just saw this today. i love the hotchkis setup. it's not as low as i would like since all my previous cars were way lower, but for this car, i still wanted to retain the "fun" factor and handling of the car. in that sense, i love it. when i swapped out the wheels/tires to my current, the car looked higher than stock - as thats usually what happens with aftermarket wheels on stock suspension. the 1" drop from the hotchkis dropped it back to "normal" height lol. ride is good too. feels barely more firm than stock when cruising, and definitely more firm on turns.

Carlos_M 10-24-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRGT86 (Post 1996017)
sorry for late response, just saw this today. i love the hotchkis setup. it's not as low as i would like since all my previous cars were way lower, but for this car, i still wanted to retain the "fun" factor and handling of the car. in that sense, i love it. when i swapped out the wheels/tires to my current, the car looked higher than stock - as thats usually what happens with aftermarket wheels on stock suspension. the 1" drop from the hotchkis dropped it back to "normal" height lol. ride is good too. feels barely more firm than stock when cruising, and definitely more firm on turns.

No problem at all! I recently installed my Hotchkis springs and am loving them. Then I realized that once I buy different wheels I would end up where you are now lol. I was lying to myself when I said I won't buy coilovers :mad0259: Regardless the pics look awesome and the car is looking great, keep it up!

-Carlos

8R6 03-24-2015 01:57 PM

[edit]
03.24.2015 - added a pic from the JDM Swapmeet/Carshow over the weekend. Color-matched my wheels, added sideskirts, and swapped in ST coilovers :)

Ny Brz 04-01-2015 01:32 PM

Car looks good, night and day with the coilovers.