Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Last round! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783)

Levi 09-14-2011 05:27 AM

Last round!

Next time, December 2011 @ Tokyo, we'll at last be able to discuss about the FT-86/FR-S/BRZ concretly. As for now, let the speculations and info unbased discussions and in general all nonsense continue.

The wait seams endless (will end however).

:bonk:

Weight?
Power?
Torque?
Design?
Technic?
Prices?

??????

:slap:

:happy0180:

fatoni 09-14-2011 05:29 AM

after all the hype i can promise nothing but dissapointment. even if its a decent car

SUB-FT86 09-14-2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatoni (Post 59772)
after all the hype i can promise nothing but dissapointment. even if its a decent car

I think if you're looking for a RWD better balanced Acura RSX Type S this car won't disappoint. I have a strong feeling that's what it's going to be. I don't think it will live up past that expectation.

Harinjo 09-14-2011 06:33 AM

200hp @ 7500rpm, around 220nm torque
and max 1300kg (full tank + driver) would be fine.
edit: max 30k € with full options ^^

More important than numbers is a low gravity centre and well balanced suspension with good dampers. Only this can provide a good and safety ride - how fast it will be on the nürburgring is not important - i will find much bmw and porsche victims on the mountain sections here in bavaria. :burnrubber:
I will drive it every day and let it completely stock :)

Donson 09-14-2011 07:44 AM

Harinjo

Sounds good. Totally agree with your "requirments"...
We can meet in the Alps ;)

Greetings form Lower Bavaria... :w00t:

Chibi86 09-14-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donson (Post 59781)

+1

And I'm in too ( Greeting from Strasbourg ) ^.^

KAuss 09-14-2011 09:11 AM

I don't think there is much hope for the rev limit to be any higher than 7K since most of Subaru's boxers run 7K even on the STi... Not only that, but unless you plan on tracking the car quite a bit I rather not have such a high rev limit, the car is gonna feel like a S2000 and totally be useless for city driving...

I would say the car would hit somewhere between the 160 - 190 hp marker, maybe 160 - 200 lbs torque... With a 7K redline...

I HOPE the weight is at 2600 lbs and no more, because a light car is not 2800 lbs, and since the size of this vehicle is so close to the MX-5 and being a coupe, I sure hope it isn't any more than 2600 lbs...

I probably would be quiet sad if it actually ends up with these numbers lol, because it probably would not be as much fun to drive as a MX-5... I can't fit in the first couple of generations of Miatas, but the latest one made me smile ear to ear after test driving it back when the NCs were first released... That car started my obsession with light weight moderate power, however if the FR-S can only bolster 170ish hp, and > 2600 lbs, it would be slower in all aspect to the already slow MX-5...

The only way these stats would work is if the base price is at the absolute 20K mark... Then we can fix anything with mods, but other than that, the car would be priced too high and deliver too little... You're now in WRX territory and for Subaru, that wouldn't make much sense to have two vehicles in the price point competing for sales in the same demographic while one is going to be significantly less "sporty..."

My long 2 cents...

Dave-ROR 09-14-2011 10:02 AM

I would be majorly disappointed if it redlines at 7k.

With proper gearing you can have plenty of around town torque, the problem with low torque is being able to pass without downshifting first. You can drive around all day long with low torque if you know how to drive it correctly. All of my cars have low torque numbers and none of them bother me.

Also a lot of the good JDM subaru motors rev to 8k.

The worst max RPM for me is maybe 7500 but I'd prefer 8-8.5.

Spaceywilly 09-14-2011 10:12 AM

what is the actual date of the Tokyo show? I though it was in early December but now all the articles about the BRZ say it will be unveiled in November.

edit. Nov 30
http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/en/outline/

just 12 short weeks away

Neutral_Eyes 09-14-2011 11:11 AM

Weight? Too much.
Power? Not enough.
Torque? Not nearly enough.
Design? I preferred [X].
Technic? LEGO?
Prices? Too much.

Waited too long to be completely satisfied with the production version. The only thing that will change my mind is a test drive.

Abflug 09-14-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harinjo (Post 59777)
200hp @ 7500rpm, around 220nm torque
and max 1300kg (full tank + driver) would be fine.
edit: max 30k € with full options ^^

More important than numbers is a low gravity centre and well balanced suspension with good dampers. Only this can provide a good and safety ride - how fast it will be on the nürburgring is not important - i will find much bmw and porsche victims on the mountain sections here in bavaria. :burnrubber:
I will drive it every day and let it completely stock :)

SO EFFIN` THIS!

edit: But please let the price in Europe be near the Miata one´s, how the Australian guy(s) estimated it! (about 20k € base - I know, you can´t compare to AUS, but let me dream!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donson (Post 59781)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi86 (Post 59786)
+1

And I'm in too ( Greeting from Strasbourg ) ^.^

+2 :burnrubber:

pastuch 09-14-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAuss (Post 59788)
I HOPE the weight is at 2600 lbs and no more, because a light car is not 2800 lbs, and since the size of this vehicle is so close to the MX-5 and being a coupe, I sure hope it isn't any more than 2600 lbs...

I probably would be quiet sad if it actually ends up with these numbers lol, because it probably would not be as much fun to drive as a MX-5... I can't fit in the first couple of generations of Miatas, but the latest one made me smile ear to ear after test driving it back when the NCs were first released... That car started my obsession with light weight moderate power, however if the FR-S can only bolster 170ish hp, and > 2600 lbs, it would be slower in all aspect to the already slow MX-5...

Wow, if you think the current gen Miata is fun to drive you won't believe how great the FA was. 2100 pounds of pure fun. My dad looks over the windshield! LOL.

PACMAN 09-14-2011 12:45 PM

this thing better be light! My sunfire is apparently 2600 LBS, and it dont feel that light!

no_name 09-14-2011 01:12 PM

2500lb
195hp/175ftlb with 8000 RPM fuel cut
20,000 USD
Goddamned Hatchback!!!