Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you think Toyota should abolish the brand Scion? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28169)

chenshuo 02-04-2013 09:01 PM

Do you think Toyota should abolish the brand Scion?

Poll question:

Do you think Toyota should get rid of the Scion brand and just keep Toyota? or do you not care? Or come up with a completely new brand exclusively for sports cars?

KGFRS86 02-04-2013 09:01 PM

Looks like you forgot the poll

chenshuo 02-04-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleGato (Post 711766)
Looks like you forgot the poll

Lol you're too quick. I submitted the thread had not finished submitted the poll :p Now it's up!

Guff 02-04-2013 09:11 PM

YOLO

Kuzuri 02-04-2013 09:15 PM

you dont have a choice for people that actually LIKE the Scion brand? why so biased?

YourFearlessLeader 02-04-2013 09:17 PM

i like the brand. your poll is crap.

chenshuo 02-04-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancy (Post 711798)
you dont have a choice for people that actually LIKE the Scion brand? why so biased?

if you like it, vote keep the Scion brand...

ThePoet 02-04-2013 09:26 PM

I didn't have a problem with Scion until we got screwed over with the FR-S not being sold as a Toyota GT86 here in the states...

Poogles 02-04-2013 09:27 PM

I think the Scion brand has a connotation as a kids car, which although might negatively impact it's reputation, the fr-s brings a much needed message of "we know what we're doing". If that doesn't make sense, I've had a few too many drinks. I'm sorry.

I don't own one yet but I'd pick the FRS over the Subaru any day. Brand name is really irrelevant.

Kuzuri 02-04-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenshuo (Post 711826)
if you like it, vote keep the Scion brand...

the category you have for keeping the scion brand is "I don't care, keep the Scion brand"

thats saying you dont care either way so they might as well just keep it... you need a category for people who are for the Scion brand. not just "I dont care"...

Fucking hate people that bash on Scion.

eriktherod 02-04-2013 09:29 PM

The problem with the poll is I don't understand if you mean abolish the Scion brand entirely or just for sporty cars such as the FR-S.

If you are saying the former, no, the Scion brand can stay. If you are saying the latter, then yes, abolish the use of Scion for sports-oriented vehicles.

I think the Scion brand is great for marketing cars towards younger generations (disclaimer: I'm only 26). I get it, kids want fun cars with cute shapes that have things which tie into their devices (phones, tablets, iPods, etc). I don't mind Scion being the "entry level" for young people getting into the Toyota brand. It makes sense, you start in Scion, move to Toyota, then on to Lexus.

However, to put one of the best performance cars you have ever made into that same marquee is silly. Just because it's not "priced" like a Toyota would be, doesn't mean it should be in the Scion brand, even if it is a 'cool' car. It only gets aggravating further when other markets (EDM/JDM) get the original car and the US/CAN get a strangely modified edition. As a car enthusiast, it's maddening and really makes you somewhat annoyed at the manufacturer for picking a political reason for doing such rather than what many consumers think should have been done.

chenshuo 02-04-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriktherod (Post 711834)
The problem with the poll is I don't understand if you mean abolish the Scion brand entirely or just for sporty cars such as the FR-S.

If you are saying the former, no, the Scion brand can stay. If you are saying the latter, then yes, abolish the use of Scion for sports-oriented vehicles.

I think the Scion brand is great for marketing cars towards younger generations (disclaimer: I'm only 26). I get it, kids want fun cars with cute shapes that have things which tie into their devices (phones, tablets, iPods, etc). However, to put one of the best performance cars you have ever made into that same marquee is silly. Just because it's not "priced" like a Toyota would be, doesn't mean it should be in the Scion brand, even if it is a 'cool' car.

I'm saying abolish the brand entirely.

RavenFR-S 02-04-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancy (Post 711831)
Fucking hate people that bash on Scion.

You mad?

dem00n 02-04-2013 09:34 PM

Toyota badge is ugly.

What what!