Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Toyota 86 Shooting Brake Concept revealed! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105388)

themadscientist 05-06-2016 07:03 AM

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

pooch 05-06-2016 07:05 AM

Love shooting brake renders but the rear and and rear glass, eh. I prefer this with still a raked look but just more room..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...fbef2b382f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxBrun0xx 05-06-2016 07:07 AM

I would love a shooting brake BRZ, but this is an abomination. They need to spend a lot more time on that rear end. This also ruins the body lines, needs more fender flares. Agree that a shooting brake is a lot more appealing than a convertible. Make it like this:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...059523&cad=rjt

golfyankee2121 05-06-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooch (Post 2644537)
Love shooting brake renders but the rear and and rear glass, eh. I prefer this with still a raked look but just more room..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...fbef2b382f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks way better. I really think it needs a more curved roof line into the trunk like this. This looks like a GT86 Panamera mix to me, and I like it a lot. I would drive this for sure.

-J.B.

Dadhawk 05-06-2016 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooch (Post 2644537)

What rear glass? I don't see any, even with the trunk open, just looks like a blacked out area to break up the red to me.

And folks say the Camaro has no visibility....

All in all, it's OK, but not something I would buy. I would prefer they take the current model and convert it to a hatchback. It would add some weight (although not as much as this) and make it more "practical".

FyeaFRS 05-06-2016 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ha

Zaku 05-06-2016 07:55 AM

Love that they are always trying new things, and is just having alot of fun with it. I don't see this getting made just like the Open concept. It will just be a concept made for fun and probably doesnt see production and if it does, well cool power and option to the people who want one or is considering a RWD wagon.

Tcoat 05-06-2016 08:03 AM

Breaking Automotive News

With major fanfare and a spectacular flourish Toyota unveiled the Shooting Brake concept version of their popular 86 model sports car. The elaborate ceremony was conducted in the back lot of Bruce's Bakery and Roo on a Stick in downtown Middleofnowhara, Australia before an estimated crowd of 8.

Although popular local car model Cooky Dhooh was scheduled to appear for the ceremony she was unable to attend due to her cat giving birth to kittens. The litter consisted of 2 white, one black and an orange tabby. Mother cat (Miss Fluffy Bottom) and all the babies are doing fine and letters of congratulation may be sent to Cooky through the local newspaper office. The kittens should be ready for adoption in 6 to 8 weeks.

The concept car features a slightly raised rear roof line and a hatch.

When asked why the concept did not include the 17 MY bumper, lights, wheels and other features a high ranking Toyota official told this reporter "we only had two sets of everything and we sent them to New York last month".

The response from the crowd was overwhelming with comments such as "meh", "who slipped the Veloster in?" and "OK can we get some roo on a stick now?" prevalent amongst the throngs.

Toyota would like to thank Bill for organizing this major event, Sheila from next door for providing her spare painting tarp and Fred for taking the official pictures with his iPhone 3. Stay tuned for more exciting updates on this very important milestone concept.

OK so apparently Toyota does not give a rat's ass about this concept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARTBRZ 05-06-2016 08:20 AM

Hey it's the new Hyundai Veloster

Looks like they mashed an 86 and a veloster together

pooch 05-06-2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 2644552)
What rear glass? I don't see any, even with the trunk open, just looks like a blacked out area to break up the red to me.

And folks say the Camaro has no visibility....

All in all, it's OK, but not something I would buy. I would prefer they take the current model and convert it to a hatchback. It would add some weight (although not as much as this) and make it more "practical".

The black horizontal strip in the rear, obviously going to be a window, most likely the pieces that reach the pillar is most likely just black accents and a small window in the hatch door itself. The shape seems like it can be tweaked in a much better way to follow the lines better.

Zaku 05-06-2016 08:30 AM

For once I actually think if they added back doors even the gimmicky one on the RX8 this would look better

DarkSunrise 05-06-2016 08:35 AM

I think it's great that Toyota wants to enter the hot hatch segment with the 86. It'll make the 86 more practical for those who need it, while offering something no other hatch in the segment offers with RWD (other than BMW's 1 series hatch which isn't sold in the US). If it's a success, the increased sales volume/profits should make higher performance variants of the 86 more viable and cheap.

But IMO if Toyota seriously wants to enter the segment, they need to (1) make the design more aggressive, and (2) drop in a turbo. Those two things are pretty much par for the course and critical to be competitive. They're not going to win over any hot hatch buyers without them. Back to the drawing board Toyota?

BWilky 05-06-2016 08:44 AM

If they made the back more like the Volvo C30 it would look a little better. I don't see them actually make this for this model but it could be an option for the next generation version.

Zaku 05-06-2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSunrise (Post 2644581)
I think it's great that Toyota wants to enter the hot hatch segment with the 86. It'll make the 86 more practical for those who need it, while offering something no other hatch in the segment offers with RWD (other than BMW's 1 series hatch which isn't sold in the US). If it's a success, the increased sales volume/profits should make higher performance variants of the 86 more viable and cheap.

But IMO if Toyota seriously wants to enter the segment, they need to (1) make the design more aggressive, and (2) drop in a turbo. Those two things are pretty much par for the course and critical to be competitive. They're not going to win over any hot hatch buyers without them. Back to the drawing board Toyota?

I have this suspicion and even it it does go into production. The US won't Get it, since the world seems to think we hate things like that and we just want CUV. Agree with you on everything else.