Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Jackson Racing Supercharger Owners Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60172)

Breadman 09-27-2023 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 3593547)
The shock of slamming into your limiter can definitely caused the belt to skip, as the tensioner won't be able to keep up with that.

It's also really, really unhealthy for the supercharger's main shaft, so do try to avoid hitting the limiter!

Skill issue, I thought I had the rpm and I didn't

Yonany 12-02-2023 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyeisu (Post 3586721)
After consulting with a highly reputable mechanic, I've decided to get my C38 warrantied and hopefully replaced with a less noisy unit.

Do you guys think I should ask for a C32 unit as they are known to make no noise? If so, would my current flex fuel tune work on a C32 or would I have to get that done again?

Did you get another unit?
was is silent?

I have two friends with the JRSC.
One owned it for 1-2 years and is pretty silent.
The other one installed it recently and has the "crickets" sound.

I have just installed mine and yeap, very loud crickets sound.
like this.

is it possible that the belt pushes the pulley a little bit too hard to the point it moves the internal shaft enough to make the blades contact the housing?

how harmful is it?
will it just wear out? if so, would it affect performance?

PulsarBeeerz 12-02-2023 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonany (Post 3597419)
was is silent?

like this.

is it possible that the belt pushes the pulley a little bit too hard to the point it moves the internal shaft enough to make the blades contact the housing?

how harmful is it?

Looks like 2 C38s vs one C30? I would expect the c30 unit to be quieter as it is smaller.

johnnyeisu 12-04-2023 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonany (Post 3597419)
was is silent?

like this.

how harmful is it?

Here's how mines turned out after the warranty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un1R2UqdCeg

With the hood open I can hear the crickets, but it's waaaaay quieter. You'd have to really listen for it while driving to hear it over all the vroom vroom noises.

Yonany 12-08-2023 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PulsarBeeerz (Post 3597455)
Looks like 2 C38s vs one C30? I would expect the c30 unit to be quieter as it is smaller.

Me and my friends all have the C30.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyeisu (Post 3597605)
Here's how mines turned out after the warranty:

With the hood open I can hear the crickets, but it's waaaaay quieter. You'd have to really listen for it while driving to hear it over all the vroom vroom noises.

Wow! what a difference, yours is basically silent.

The crickets noise from my unit is much lower now.
Mic didn't pick up the sound 100%, but you can tell its still there.

Here is a video of my setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYKDSLZFCmYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYKDSLZFCmY

jbailey8748 12-08-2023 02:19 PM

I need to replace one of the idlers that came with the kit. What are y'all doing for those. I'm not seeing anything on the jrsc website.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Breadman 12-11-2023 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbailey8748 (Post 3598026)
I need to replace one of the idlers that came with the kit. What are y'all doing for those. I'm not seeing anything on the jrsc website.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

You can call them and ask for the part and they will sell it to you.

BatStig 01-30-2024 02:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone have an ACE Radiator and Intake Scoop installed with your JRSC?

If so, how did it turn out? How was the installation around all the JRSC piping? Was it helpful, specifically at the track?

Thanks!

CSG Mike 01-30-2024 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatStig (Post 3600779)
Does anyone have an ACE Radiator and Intake Scoop installed with your JRSC?

If so, how did it turn out? How was the installation around all the JRSC piping? Was it helpful, specifically at the track?

Thanks!

You can accomplish virtually the same result by trimming your original factory side air guides.

Make sure all the foam around the top of your radiator is intact.

Venting your hood will have a much larger effect. Also, make sure your fender liners are fully intact. If you are not running liners, the Ace shroud will help more by band-aiding the lack of liners.

BatStig 01-31-2024 11:49 PM

I already have the Trackspec vents. Fender liners will be fully intact once I remove the brake ducts I no longer need thanks to my lovey CSG pads. I am upgrading my radiator and I will make sure that all stock foam and air guides are in place. I am just trying to get as much air to get through the stack as possible.

While searching for anyone who had used the Ace Scoop, I found a post from you from 2021:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 3405547)
The intake ducting is fantastic. Most folks use it as a base, and trim as needed to clear their water pump hoses, oil cooler lines, etc.

That sounded exactly like what I was looking for. Unfortunately, this turning into a waste of time as I can't get a response from Ace. It looks like a JDL Bash Bar and some DIY ducting will be a part of my winter plans.

Thank you @CSG Mike!

CSG Mike 02-01-2024 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatStig (Post 3600870)
I already have the Trackspec vents. Fender liners will be fully intact once I remove the brake ducts I no longer need thanks to my lovey CSG pads. I am upgrading my radiator and I will make sure that all stock foam and air guides are in place. I am just trying to get as much air to get through the stack as possible.

While searching for anyone who had used the Ace Scoop, I found a post from you from 2021:

That sounded exactly like what I was looking for. Unfortunately, this turning into a waste of time as I can't get a response from Ace. It looks like a JDL Bash Bar and some DIY ducting will be a part of my winter plans.

Thank you @CSG Mike!

It's easier than it may seem, as really, you only need to do the pieces on the sides and one at the top of the radiator.

The JDL bash bar will make mounting the intercooler more challenging, but can be done.

exgladous 03-19-2024 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 3593547)
The shock of slamming into your limiter can definitely caused the belt to skip, as the tensioner won't be able to keep up with that.

It's also really, really unhealthy for the supercharger's main shaft, so do try to avoid hitting the limiter!

This is the first time I've heard of this. Logically makes sense though. Is this a problem with stock pulley cars?

M0nk3y 03-19-2024 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BatStig (Post 3600870)

Thank you @CSG Mike!

FWIW I have an ACE Shroud Installed.

Shows pretty easily what you need to do for install and drilling for IC Piping, this is Harrop Install.

The hoses are now wrapped with 1" Heater Hose so they don't chafe