Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   10 series #2,088 is down.. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51532)

Missy 11-17-2013 06:58 AM

10 series #2,088 is down..

Yay for domino effect rearendings, luckily it's not completely crunched but anything that lights up on the front/left side no longer lights... The back isn't awful but my trunk was stuck. Of course the little shit behind me had no insurance, that's my luck.

I just hope the headache and back pain goes away.

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...psff5789d6.jpg

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps2f61691f.jpg

Conundrum 11-17-2013 07:03 AM

God thats one of my biggest fears. Getting hit by an uninsured driver. Hope you recover well but if you can try to get checked out. Especially since you're getting headaches.

It could have been worse though. Rather the car than a life.

Muskokan 11-17-2013 07:05 AM

Sorry to hear brother, us usual atleast your safe, cars can be replaced.
Sucks balls the guy has no insurance!! I'm no expert, what options does that leave you? Small claims court or something?

roddy 11-17-2013 07:09 AM

Sorry to see this Missy. How do insurance claims work where you are...if you're hit by an un-insured driver, does your insurance pay? It works that way here, plus the un-insured tool gets a $5,000 (minimum) fine for not having insurance. Good luck, and go see a doctor.

Braces 11-17-2013 07:20 AM

Headaches could mean you sustained a minor concussion. Plenty of rest is the Rx. Car can be fixed or replaced. You've only got one brain.

Wise 11-17-2013 07:21 AM

Sorry to hear that bro.

I had to use the horn today after a clueless driver in an old 90's Ford Falcon began to randomly turn into my lane. After I beeped him he just waved... Yes hello there you nearly crashed into my car.

Missy 11-17-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roddy (Post 1336374)
Sorry to see this Missy. How do insurance claims work where you are...if you're hit by an un-insured driver, does your insurance pay? It works that way here, plus the un-insured tool gets a $5,000 (minimum) fine for not having insurance. Good luck, and go see a doctor.

The **** gets a slap on the wrist basically, it's all on my insurance and what that covers, luckily my dads going to help me take care of it. I just really wished it hadn't pushed me into the car ahead of me. I tried so fucking hard to turn to the shoulder and avoid it but it happened super fast.

I'm hoping my back and head don't hurt in the morning. I don't want to have something wrong with my body. The cars body damage hurts me enough.

Mikem53 11-17-2013 08:22 AM

That sucks... Sorry to see this.. Hope you're ok and u get it worked out and repaired to your satisfaction...

Luis_GT 11-17-2013 10:18 AM

Sorry to hear, if you have back pain and a headache you should go to the doctor and have yourself checked.

ZionsWrath 11-17-2013 10:31 AM

He didn't get in any trouble for causing an accident and having no insurace?

WTF, shit my cousin had a SUPER MINOR rear end (at fault) and he got 2 tickets and the damage was probably less than $2k involving 2 other cars.

That is complete shit. Hope it works out for you.

Missy 11-17-2013 10:56 AM

Thanks guys, I just feel super sick and stressed because it's my first accident and my first really nice car. I'm just really bummed. My head and back still kinda hurt but I'm going to wait a bit, not a hospital kinda person...

R.S-HawK 11-17-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy (Post 1336489)
Thanks guys, I just feel super sick and stressed because it's my first accident and my first really nice car. I'm just really bummed. My head and back still kinda hurt but I'm going to wait a bit, not a hospital kinda person...

You might want to visit a doctor and have them add into your medical record that you're reporting back and head aches after the accident. Medical bills do not cover themselves, so now you basically have the ability to file a lawsuit on your hands.

Get some rest, get better and we're all glad you're ok.

Tagera 11-17-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy (Post 1336489)

:( Sorry to see your car in that condition. I hope it gets fixed with no issues and it's good that your dad is going to help out on that end. I agree with Hawk and the others. It might be just stress or it could be a combination of both stress and injury. You really should get checked out. And if you need anyone to vent to or chit chat with other then family I'm willing to give you my number or whatever.

Tagera 11-17-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZionsWrath (Post 1336465)
He didn't get in any trouble for causing an accident and having no insurace?

WTF, shit my cousin had a SUPER MINOR rear end (at fault) and he got 2 tickets and the damage was probably less than $2k involving 2 other cars.

That is complete shit. Hope it works out for you.

It's sort of a nanny state up here. They blame the poor having no insurance and begging for money on street corners as sort of being a problem with society and it's money grubbing ways. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many early 20 something kids that look to be in good health smoking cigarettes asking for money outside of safeway or other places.