Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   How Works Motorsports stole my money & how I'm fighting to get it back UPDATE 7/4/19 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134445)

xPBx 07-24-2019 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This...

EAGLE5 07-24-2019 06:05 PM

I'm shocked, shocked! that there is asshole behavior by OP.

And just because your a "friend of an Asian" or half-Asian and aren't offended doesn't, or because you've seen worse shit in a Halo 2 lobby, doesn't mean that shit isn't blatantly racist and blatantly asshole.

Foghorn Leghorn? Da fuq?

And whenever I see feuds on the internet, I like to just step back and not form an opinion because I'M SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT I'M NOT SEEING THE WHOLE FUCKING STORY.

I did have a PM exchange with Harry from WORKS a few years, discussing a pre-release turbo kit at discount in exchange for some testing and leaving the car there for a bit longer than normal. I ended up deciding against this because I decided against a turbo, but he answered every question I had and spelled everything out clearly.

A nightmare customer is a person one or two small mistakes, that you as a business owner do your best to fix, away from an internet tirade.

soundman98 07-24-2019 09:29 PM

i had a black co-worker once. it means that i can talk openly about rap music now.

TachyonBomb 07-24-2019 11:10 PM

My DM box is always open on here and on instagram to anyone that wants to have a real conversation.

Grand standing and victimizing on a public thread whether here or on an instagram post does not really do much to make any real change on the topic of racism or any other topic you are wanting to have a serious discussion about.

If you feel genuinely hurt or offended please feel free to leave me a message and strike up a conversation on your concerns. Who knows you may even make a new friend out of what seemed like a negative situation.

I know getting personal and doing the one on one connecting thing is hard now a days but I've always been the type of person to be proactive when it comes to tackling an issue life throws your way. Just like on instagram, I have taken the first steps and made contact with those who showed a genuine offence to something they saw posted on the internet.

Anyone that knows me in person knows the type of person I am. I can be a crass asshole which is a byproduct of all my life struggles but heartless, closed off or not understanding of others feelings if definitely not in my wheel house.

There is no reason to pollute a perfectly good thread which serves as a teaching tool to hand walk the California 86 community through a small claims suit. A large part of this community is young. They don't understand that they have rights and options to take when a shop or any business has taken advantage of them. I was screwed over by a couple of shops when I was around 18 years old and 20 years old. The experience left a sour taste in my mouth, almost made me leave the car enthusiast community all together and left me a few grand short each time. I'm older wiser and no longer take shit from anyone. I figured it would save a lot of the young adults in the community a lot of headache and money to know how to go through this process in case they were ever to find themselves in a similar situation. This sort of teaching experience doesn't come around often and is rarely laid out so thoroughly.

^_^ So if anyone has any issue with me or my actions outside of the context of my small claims case with Peter Kang & Works Motorsports, please feel free to DM me. I'm extremely easy to talk to and open to just about any subject matter. Anyone that has had a DM conversation with me on here or in person can confirm.

Any comments made on this thread which try to tackle a subject outside the scope of my small claims case with Peter Kang or Works Motorsports will be disregarded.

mav1178 07-25-2019 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WORKS (Post 3240383)
A few months later we were sucker punched when blindsided with a lawsuit in consumer-friendly CA

I want to believe, but I just have one question:

Do you think you were right and OP was wrong?

If so (and assuming you have the evidence), find a better lawyer. Your lawyer sucks.

86MLR 07-25-2019 03:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm amazed people can post what they want with no real comeback, I believe the OP could be liable for defamation.

I'm not saying either party is right or wrong, but there has definitely been enough to start a defamation case.

I know this thread would be shut down quick in other forums.

It's not like the post is about a faulty part, lets say, like a weld that cracked, or a bolt on part that didn't bolt on.

All this thread has is one person view vs anothers, yes a legal document was produced, but, only from one party, which means nothing.

I could say that a company was good without ever going there, or, say they are bad because I'm mentally unstable or vindictive about something.

The OP is a liar

Works is a liar

I'm a liar

Your a liar

Oprah says, "your all liars"

My recommendation is let the courts decide and keep the he said she said claims for the school play ground.

Pwolf 07-25-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TachyonBomb (Post 3240829)
Grand standing and victimizing on a public thread whether here or on an instagram post does not really do much to make any real change on the topic of racism or any other topic you are wanting to have a serious discussion about.

Says the guy who openly, and publicly bashing someone else in this thread and on his IG account. Wither or not you think its racist doesn't matter... You're attacking someone publicly and now asking other people to shoot you a DM if they want to talk cause they're calling you names? Go fuck yourself.

weederr33 07-25-2019 12:26 PM

Wow this thread went south quick. Sounds like typical internet. Point being, OP won the case. If he got a cease and desist letter, I'm certain Works would have brought up the posts from Instagram and use that in court to their advantage. OP still won. It's time to move on and let this be a cautionary tale for anyone in the future.

Tcoat 07-25-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weederr33 (Post 3240993)
Wow this thread went south quick. Sounds like typical internet. Point being, OP won the case. If he got a cease and desist letter, I'm certain Works would have brought up the posts from Instagram and use that in court to their advantage. OP still won. It's time to move on and let this be a cautionary tale for anyone in the future.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/5fe0...temid=11629344

weederr33 07-25-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3241003)

That sums it up pretty well!

ichitaka05 07-25-2019 01:03 PM

K, show is over. Let's move on now, don't wanna make this thread into shit show, so I'll close it.