Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Moving Up Into the Bay! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92512)

Bonburner 07-29-2015 12:40 PM

Moving Up Into the Bay!

Hey guys,

I'm moving up into the Bay area for at least a year (Touro Uni) so I'll be moving into Vallejo/Mare Island - deciding this tonight.

I was wondering if anybody knew any good places to eat/get some korean food.
Some friends mentioned Santa Clarita and Berkeley/Oakland.

Any good reputable shops for doing some simple works like replacing my brake pads and grabbing new tires?

BigFatFlip 07-29-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonburner (Post 2339252)
Hey guys,

I'm moving up into the Bay area for at least a year (Touro Uni) so I'll be moving into Vallejo/Mare Island - deciding this tonight.

Any good reputable shops for doing some simple works like replacing my brake pads and grabbing new tires?

First off, welcome!

As far as Korean near by, I think your best bet is to head south to Albany/Berkeley or east towards Concord/Wlanut Creek.

As far as reputable "shops", there are quite a few active around here (@The Racers Line and @Elite Performance, to name a few) but luckily, you have @WORKS at Sonoma raceway right next door to you.

PMok 07-29-2015 02:19 PM

Welcome to the Bay Area! I'll just point out that there is a good Korean BBQ buffet down in Sunnyvale (which is nearby Santa Clara, not to be confused with Santa Clarita which I believe is down in SoCal!) by the name of Palace BBQ. But that is a good distance away from Vallejo. I don't know of any good Korean places up in the Vallejo area though...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/palace-bbq-buffet-sunnyvale

Speed Element 07-29-2015 03:47 PM

We are located in the San Jose area. We can order tires, mount, balance and do alignment here for you. Also brake installation as well.

Beque Korean Grill is one of my favorite spots to eat.

gepeyo 07-29-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMok (Post 2339431)
Welcome to the Bay Area! I'll just point out that there is a good Korean BBQ buffet down in Sunnyvale (which is nearby Santa Clara, not to be confused with Santa Clarita which I believe is down in SoCal!) by the name of Palace BBQ. But that is a good distance away from Vallejo. I don't know of any good Korean places up in the Vallejo area though...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/palace-bbq-buffet-sunnyvale

Was about to mention Santa clarita, isnt that were the socal valley 86 is?

PMok 07-29-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gepeyo (Post 2339566)
Was about to mention Santa clarita, isnt that were the socal valley 86 is?

TBH I don't know geographically where SoCal Valley 86's territory is... but when heading south, Santa Clarita is one of the first suburbs you encounter after the Grapevine on I-5. Near the Magic Mountain amusement park...

Bonburner 07-29-2015 05:18 PM

Haha sorry about that - I'm probably mixing up the two ��
Just found out about Sonoma raceway ��

hpde_addict 07-29-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonburner (Post 2339724)
Haha sorry about that - I'm probably mixing up the two ��
Just found out about Sonoma raceway ��

There's also Thunderhill Raceway and Laguna Seca

Kaotic Lazagna 07-29-2015 07:40 PM

Welcome. I'm in Vallejo too.

I would suggest OZ Korean bbq in Sac. All you can eat (you'll leave smelling like bbq for days tho). You cook the meats yourself.

Bonburner 07-30-2015 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 2339902)
Welcome. I'm in Vallejo too.

I would suggest OZ Korean bbq in Sac. All you can eat (you'll leave smelling like bbq for days tho). You cook the meats yourself.

I completely forgot how close sac is ... Thanks!

And yeah I'm really familiar with Kbbqs - I'm actually Korean and seriously craving Korean culture up here lol

Kaotic Lazagna 07-30-2015 12:08 AM

Yup. It's not too far. You should go with some friends and bbq it up. lol.

Bonburner 07-30-2015 01:16 AM

haha once i make some friends up here

EAGLE5 07-30-2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonburner (Post 2339252)
Hey guys,

Korean = Bob's Mix and Eat - http://www.yelp.com/biz/mix-and-eat-...use-pleasanton

Really, you have loads of options, and most of the food is better in Norcal than Socal. However, it's harder to get a good burrito or any type of good Mexican food up here. There are a few good places, but they're hard to find.

WORKS 07-30-2015 03:37 PM

Welcome to the area!

Like @BigFatFlip mentioned (thanks for the shoutout!) we're located up at Sonoma Raceway, which is 15-20 min from Mare Island/Vallejo.

We do tires, brakes, suspension/alignment, fabrication, FI installs, and more. We also do in-house FT86 development and have a '14 BRZ development car.
We're an authorized dealer for many performance brands, as well as a Tire Rack Recommended Installer.

Feel free to call if you need anything, or stop by to check out the shop or simply say hello.

store.worksmotorsports.com