Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Edelbrock E-force Owner's thread and FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93718)

CSG Mike 08-21-2015 07:52 PM

Edelbrock E-force Owner's thread and FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Have a question about the Edelbrock kit? Ask in this thread, and I'll answer it, as well as copy it into the OP.

Is the Edelbrock Supercharger kit CARB legal?

As long as the rest of your drivetrain is stock, and you use the Edelbrock supplied tune, it is expected to soon be CARB legal. CARB testing is currently ongoing.

I already have EcuTek. Do I need to buy the Tuner kit or just the Hardware?

You need the kit without tuner, part number 15560. The CARB tune will be available for everyone to download, free of charge, from Edelbrock!

Which kit do I need to buy? My car is stock, and I want a plug-and-play solution.

You will want to buy the kit with tuner, part number 1556. This kit includes an Ecutek license, cable, and dongle, so that you can tune your own car.

Will XYZ oil cooler work with the Edelbrock E-Force supercharger?

Possibly,. The kit does not intrude on the space necessary to use some of the common oil cooler kits. Confirmed fitments include:
- Mishimoto (modification necessary)
- OEM (FA20DIT)
- Perrin
- Jackson Racing (modification necessary)
- Jackson Racing dual radiator/oil cooler

Will the supercharger overheat? Do I need to add additional cooling for the supercharger itself? What is the service interval?

The Supercharger itself will not overheat; it is a self contained lubrication system, and has been proven to work well on ALL of the TVS applications, including those on Audis and the Z06. The fluids needs to be changed every 100k miles.

What is the break-in period for the supercharger? How do I break it in?

There is no break-in period for Edelbrock superchargers. Each supercharger unit is ran at Edelbrock before it is packaged to ensure fitment and quality. You can drive it hard as soon as it is installed!

How does the powertrain warranty work?

If you are driving a FRS/BRZ with the Edelbrock supercharger installed, running the supplied Edelbrock tune, and the kit is installed by an authorized dealer, your dealership, or an ASE certified technician, then your drivetrain is warranted by Edelbrock for 3 years or 36k miles on your odometer, from the date you originally bought your car.

Have a brand new car and/or are worried about your factory warranty? Edelbrock has you covered!

I want more power. Are other pulleys available?

Yes, absolutely! The kit comes with a 3.25" pulley, but 3.00", 2.75", and 2.50" pulleys will be available as well.

How much power can this supercharger make?

In CARB exempt form, the supercharger makes about 280-300hp at the crank, utilizing approximately 60% of the supercharger's capability. With a larger crank pulley, smaller supercharger pulley, and E85, 500hp is very feasible. You'd need a built engine to sustain that type of power though, as well as a whole host of supporting mods (additional cooling, clutch, injectors, fuel pump, etc.)

What does this kit cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGalp (Post 2365663)
interested on price availability and comparisons with the JRSC kit when you guys are able to test it out

$4,649.87 without Ecutek
$5,399.87 with Ecutek

The Edelbrock provided calibration is (will be) available to everyone on their website.

The much requested "non-cartoony" dynograph.
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...36835077_o.jpg

If you have a leakly bypass valve:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...postcount=2368

Owner's list
1. @FuzzyFunk
2. @NotSoJDM
3. @Nitro22
4. @JohnnyP
5. @illmatic
6. @clayrush
7. @Firesnake
8. @djdnz
9. @shiumai
10. @86fun
11. @Paulo86
12. @paiceyfan
13. @Tomcat07
14. @SK86
15. @caschnd1
16. @trd87t

CSG Mike 08-21-2015 07:52 PM

Reserved for CSG's review and data.

Nitro22 08-21-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 2365548)

Will XYZ oil cooler work with the Edelbrock E-Force supercharger?

Yes! The kit does not intrude on the space necessary to use the common oil cooler kits. Confirmed fitments include:
- Jackson Racing
- Mishimoto
- OEM
- Perrin

You may want to note that if you have a Jackson Racing oil cooler kit for NA configuration, you will need to relocate the cooler forward. The Edelbrock front mount heat exchanger will reside between the condenser and crash beam.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5787/...f23d9b83_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5702/...a024c902_z.jpg
Pre production unit, but fitment is the same.

As you can see, the JR oil cooler will need to be relocated when you install the Edelbrock heat exhanger.

Edit:
After running with the oil cooler in front of the Edelbrock heat exchanger, IAT's increased which did not produce favorable results. I suggest finding alternative locations for any oil cooler that is in front of the Edelbrock heat exchanger. Reference Post

CSG Mike 08-21-2015 09:28 PM

Noted!

JGalp 08-21-2015 10:04 PM

interested on price availability and comparisons with the JRSC kit when you guys are able to test it out

FuzzyFunk 08-21-2015 10:05 PM

Put me down as #1 owner already hehe! I'd love for CSG to take a look at my car sometime and let me know your thoughts. I work in OC. I'm relatively new to the enthusiast scene (late bloomer? LOL) so my automobile terminology is no where near on par with many of you but I'm always willing to learn new things esp about my FRS! Although I have gone FI before with my Honda Fit which I happen to be the first consumer also on the AT with the Sprintex SC. Sadly they had piggyback issues and got tired of trying to fix the problem and I returned the Sprintex while still in warranty. It was totally fun while it lasted. Didn't think I'd go the PD route again but here I am once more. This time I think with a proven piggyback with ECUtek, i will have less to worry about.

Got a chance to stretch her legs a little on the way home and theres no better feeling than having that instant torque ready at your disposal. Theres definitely no whooning sound like the Sprintex but I got over that super fast just with the pull it gives you.

I am really hoping to try the JR SC (CARB) on the AT just to compare the feel.

I knew I made the right choice though with Edelbrock as I know my driving habits and don't usually drive in the high RPMs anyways. On top of that I have no plans on tracking my car.

This is the way the car should have been out from the factory.

CSG Mike 08-21-2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGalp (Post 2365663)

Pricing has been released!

$4,649.87 without Ecutek
$5,399.87 with Ecutek

The Edelbrock provided calibration is (will be) available to everyone on their website.

http://counterspacegarage.com/produc...6-brz-frs.html

http://counterspacegarage.com/produc...0-brz-frs.html

djdnz 08-21-2015 10:58 PM

Are there any in car videos, aside from the promotional video from Edelbrock? @FuzzyFunk I was hoping from some S/C whine, I guess the TVS is quieter?

We need independent dynos asap :)

CSG Mike 08-21-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djdnz (Post 2365705)
Are there any in car videos, aside from the promotional video from Edelbrock? @FuzzyFunk I was hoping from some S/C whine, I guess the TVS is quieter?

We need independent dynos asap :)

Not yet... but soon :)

Phantobe 08-21-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyFunk (Post 2365666)

[SNIP]

This is the way the car should have been out from the factory.

If I had a dollar for every time someone said that, I could probably buy this kit lmao.

Decay107 08-21-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 2365692)
Pricing has been released!

Please expand upon this point.

For Free?
For EVERYONE? (as in I can go download it without buying the kit)

Freeman 08-21-2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decay107 (Post 2365718)

For Free?

Hope so. That way when I sell my current kit I'll just keep the cable and save a bunch of money

CSG Mike 08-21-2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decay107 (Post 2365718)

For Free?

Yes.

Although, I wouldn't run it without an Edelbrock kit, as your car won't even idle.

Decay107 08-22-2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 2365762)
Yes.

Although, I wouldn't run it without an Edelbrock kit, as your car won't even idle.

That's amazing, gonna tempt a whole lot of people into switching from other fi systems with that. :thumbup: