Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TC messing with fueling (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141623)

dholloway543 07-26-2020 03:48 AM

TC messing with fueling

Question for people with boosted cars. So when I floor it and the turbo spools up the wheels spin around 5k to 6k rpm. After multiple pulls the tune starts to learn that area needs to be richer and it shows in the logs. ltft and stft are turned off and im on ecutek.

Is there a way to get ecutek to stop changing fueling due to traction control throttle cuts.

ls1ac 07-26-2020 03:46 PM

After several pulls the system is getting hotter and the chance of engine damage increases. To stop the possible damage the program will pull timing and run richer.

Kodename47 07-26-2020 04:26 PM

The ECU won't just start adding fuel, if there is 0 or consistent LTFT (STFT is disabled at WOT) then it's not "learning" to add fuel. There will be a compensation that is being triggered, you just need to know what it is.

solidsnake11 07-26-2020 09:32 PM

What exactly does it show in the logs that makes you say its running richer? Is the IAT the same?
Is the AM still at 1?

dholloway543 07-27-2020 06:19 AM

I'll do 2 longs in the morning. One will be on the learned tune, then I'll flash back and log a fresh tune. I'll also try to include the tc kicking in to show the region it's in

dholloway543 07-28-2020 06:04 PM

https://datazap.me/u/dholloway543/le...g=1&data=23-30

For some reason it looks like the afr spike I was talking about is caused by the accelerator petal being lowered to 30%, even though I had it floored the whole time. I dont know what that would be caused by.

CSG Mike 07-28-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dholloway543 (Post 3352107)
Question for people with boosted cars. So when I floor it and the turbo spools up the wheels spin around 5k to 6k rpm. After multiple pulls the tune starts to learn that area needs to be richer and it shows in the logs. ltft and stft are turned off and im on ecutek.

Is there a way to get ecutek to stop changing fueling due to traction control throttle cuts.

Turn off TCS.

Or, run stickier tires so that TCS doesn't need to intervene. Unless you have a ton of power.

Kodename47 07-29-2020 11:44 AM

If it's pedal % rather than throttle (I haven't looked at the log) then check the pedal connection. I know of at least one car where the pedal sensor was an issue.

solidsnake11 07-29-2020 08:10 PM

Logs say: Traction control shut you down by closing the throttle.
Iat temperature was cooler, .6 more timing and your tires were probably colder.

Easy fix turn off traction control.
or buy some federal 595rs-rr tires

tomm.brz 07-30-2020 08:12 AM

it's ecutek overboost acting

i know because i did the tune
or at least, tried to

he encountered so many exhaust leaks, vacuum leaks, EBCS leaks and frame-hitting knock triggering that no matter what I did, every 2-3 releases the Duty cycle map and timing table went totally off

Also, Derek here (OP) spend most of the time in 6th gear under 3000rpm, flooring it in 6th gear
with stock 12.5:1 compression and a sbd500x turbo

i have few time because i work 18 hours everyday for the summer season, i ll try to help you again end of august if you want

dholloway543 07-30-2020 07:10 PM

Your totally right there is a boost cut there. I didn't notice. Honestly I've pushed this tune far from where it was left. I know I've messed some stuff up but it's driving good. I'd love to have you check over it to make sure everything is good but no rush man. With covid it's definitely not the best time and work is more important

CSG Mike 07-30-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomm.brz (Post 3353350)

or at least, tried to

he encountered so many exhaust leaks, vacuum leaks, EBCS leaks and frame-hitting knock triggering that no matter what I did, every 2-3 releases the Duty cycle map and timing table went totally off

Also, Derek here (OP) spend most of the time in 6th gear under 3000rpm, flooring it in 6th gear

i have few time because i work 18 hours everyday for the summer season, i ll try to help you again end of august if you want

OP that's a great way to throw a rod.

solidsnake11 07-30-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomm.brz (Post 3353350)

or at least, tried to

Ok, I just noticed right before it cut the throttle, the wheel slip went up.
The second time it went to the same boost at same rpm but didn't cut the throttle with no wheel slip.

tomm.brz 07-31-2020 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 3353590)
OP that's a great way to throw a rod.

he is forged, both pistons and rods
and I tame timings for gears

but still, difficult to manage when you have any king of leaks or knock triggerint because of frame hitting or worm engine mounts