Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Official Trunk Trade Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10558)

thermobox 07-03-2012 11:12 AM

Official Trunk Trade Thread

I couldn't find one of these anywhere. Maybe the mods can make this a sticky?

List Criteria:
Year:
Make:
Model:
Color:
Trim:
thermobox 07-03-2012 11:14 AM

Year: 2013
Make: Subaru
Model: BRZ
Color: Satin White Pearl
Trim: Limited w/ Spoiler

Willing to travel if in reasonable distance. I want the wingless trunk in SWP. Straight trade.

Trunk has been debadged.

Fish 07-03-2012 11:30 AM

Just curious though, isn't there a VIN etched into it somewhere for anti-theft reasons? Not that I think it matters if you guys were trading or anything. Was just thinking about it.

OrbitalEllipses 07-03-2012 11:39 AM

Trunk trade threads should be local sub-forums, e.g. Mid-Atlantic, etc.

Ranatsu 07-03-2012 12:01 PM

Yes the trunk has a vin number right on the edge at the glass. You can see it with the trunk closed.

Dave-ROR 07-03-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 293861)
Just curious though, isn't there a VIN etched into it somewhere for anti-theft reasons? Not that I think it matters if you guys were trading or anything. Was just thinking about it.

Yep, anyone looking for a used car will instantly suspect it was wrecked...

thermobox 07-03-2012 01:19 PM

Agreed with all. Yes, there is VIN info on the trunk. This is no different than previous models of Suby's.

I would love for it to be in the local sub-forums. But unfortunately the Mods have taken away my ability to see the local sub-forums. I am trying to start it in the forum that I can see and maybe the mods will move it to the appropriate section and permit me to see these forums.

GenkiElite 07-03-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 293940)
Yep, anyone looking for a used car will instantly suspect it was wrecked...

I suppose you could always photo document the trade if you're really concerned.

OrbitalEllipses 07-03-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thermobox (Post 293846)

Willing to travel if in reasonable distance. I want the wingless trunk in SWP. Straight trade.

Trunk has been debadged.

So...not trying to be an asshole, but did you buy a BRZ from yourself? :confused0068:

thermobox 07-03-2012 03:18 PM

Basically yes. I completed the Factory Order for myself, stocked-in, gassed-up, had pdi/va'd, had cleaned and wrote up all of the paperwork for the deal.

I was busy with other customers while I was "in" with Finance to complete the transaction.

I was one of the easiest customer ever because I signed up with their financing, extended warranty and extended maintenance plans.

I've been here long enough to know that these will pay for themselves over time.

One of my fellow Salesman will get the "credit" for selling the car through Subaru.

I don't know all of the technicalities involved with Subaru and didn't want to push the envelope.

benjoke 07-03-2012 05:12 PM

Looking for a SWP premium trunk. No money invlolved, just a straight trade!

Willing to travel if in reasonable distance! :)

OrbitalEllipses 07-03-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thermobox (Post 294216)
Basically yes. I completed the Factory Order for myself, stocked-in, gassed-up, had pdi/va'd, had cleaned and wrote up all of the paperwork for the deal.

I was busy with other customers while I was "in" with Finance to complete the transaction.

I was one of the easiest customer ever because I signed up with their financing, extended warranty and extended maintenance plans.

I've been here long enough to know that these will pay for themselves over time.

One of my fellow Salesman will get the "credit" for selling the car through Subaru.

I don't know all of the technicalities involved with Subaru and didn't want to push the envelope.

So you were #1 at your own dealership? :thumbup: Now gimme mine!

thermobox 07-03-2012 05:36 PM

Nope. I was the number 2 Auto Trans order. In order of Factory Orders I was number 11 or 12.
For some reason (Ummm No One Wants an Auto) they must have a bunch of Autos lying around? There was really no rhyme or reason to my Order from start to finish.

We completed another Auto order the other day. The ETA was Sept once the order was completed and now it is showing a Dec ETA. This is kind of the same thing that my order did.

kmbkk 07-03-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thermobox (Post 293846)

Trunk has been debadged.

Man I wish you were closer. I'd do it in a heartbeat!