Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   SCCA Solo D Street discussion (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111873)

renfield90 10-21-2016 01:14 PM

SCCA Solo D Street discussion

Someone had to start it. :lol:

Have fun boys and girls. Shouldn't be any reason why one of you can't bring a jacket home next year.

When I have a free moment I'll try to compile all the good tidbits from the CS thread into this post so people have a single place to look.

Locust 10-21-2016 01:48 PM

LMAO!

MrFisty 10-21-2016 02:27 PM

had to go to the other thread to see what this is about. This is awesome. We really should not have been competing with STI's.

EDIT:

I'm not good with autox rules and classification. Will this effect us in terms of going into STX when we start adding basic mods? Will we get a different class there, as well?

cjd 10-21-2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFisty (Post 2780289)
had to go to the other thread to see what this is about. This is awesome. We really should not have been competing with STI's.

EDIT:

I'm not good with autox rules and classification. Will this effect us in terms of going into STX when we start adding basic mods? Will we get a different class there, as well?

Not likely. Where would it go? My car raw timed STR last weekend (though not me driving...) - it appears to be correctly classed in STX.

MrFisty 10-21-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjd (Post 2780314)
Not likely. Where would it go? My car raw timed STR last weekend (though not me driving...) - it appears to be correctly classed in STX.

Keep in mind that I am a casual autocrosser with just enough knowledge to show up and tell them I'm C class and which components start putting us in STX. I am not aware of other ST classes.

Also, I don't understand what you're saying with the bolded statement.

cjd 10-21-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFisty (Post 2780336)
Keep in mind that I am a casual autocrosser with just enough knowledge to show up and tell them I'm C class and which components start putting us in STX. I am not aware of other ST classes.

Fastest raw time (what shows up on the clock at the end of your run) my car put down was a 52.407, fastest STR was a 52.746 - and STR should be faster (.841 vs .836 for PAX). Granted, that's a very small margin, but there it is. For reference, the fastest CS run was 52.647, and the top 20 was very heavily skewed to ES... It's certainly not typical results, but it happens.

renfield90 10-21-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFisty (Post 2780336)

Street, Street Touring, Street Prepared, etc. are preparation levels.

Within each preparation level are different classes intended to group together cars with similar performance level for that given preparation level.

So in Street you have AS-HS as well as SS. In Street Touring you have STF, STS, STX, STR, STU. Every class within a preparation level has the same list of allowed mods, with some minor exceptions (like varying wheel/tire widths and diff rules depending on ST class).

TurtleFace 10-21-2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjd (Post 2780344)
Fastest raw time (what shows up on the clock at the end of your run) my car put down was a 52.407, fastest STR was a 52.746 - and STR should be faster (.841 vs .836 for PAX). Granted, that's a very small margin, but there it is. For reference, the fastest CS run was 52.647, and the top 20 was very heavily skewed to ES... It's certainly not typical results, but it happens.

Sounds like that guy in CS was killing it; I'll stick with my stock car if it's only .25s slower.

nico_rsx 10-22-2016 01:11 AM

There is no mention of 2017. Does this mean they will be in CS?
I hope not, I want to buy a 2017 BRZ this spring.

Locust 10-22-2016 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico_rsx (Post 2780699)
There is no mention of 2017. Does this mean they will be in CS?
I hope not, I want to buy a 2017 BRZ this spring.

Odds are very likely 2017 BRZ/FR-S will be in CS.

TEAMETR 11-11-2016 08:20 AM

Not only are (Non TRD) twins/BRZ moving to DS but a whole shit load of FS cars are moving as well. I just ran our last event with a 2016 Mustang 4cyl turbo EcoBoost plus performance package in FS this car next year will be moving to DS with a good driver times were 4 seconds faster than the 2 D Street mini's and FRS/BRZ. I was surprised to see this car run so well. It also had fastest times against 8 other FS cars all V8's.

AndrewMcG 11-14-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEAMETR (Post 2794569)
Not only are (Non TRD) twins/BRZ moving to DS but a whole shit load of FS cars are moving as well. I just ran our last event with a 2016 Mustang 4cyl turbo EcoBoost plus performance package in FS this car next year will be moving to DS with a good driver times were 4 seconds faster than the 2 D Street mini's and FRS/BRZ. I was surprised to see this car run so well. It also had fastest times against 8 other FS cars all V8's.

Sorry, but there is no helpful data there at all. Looking at nationals results, the fastest 4cyl. pony car also had a better driver than DS or CS had, Mark Scroggs. CS ran in the wet one day and the fastest twin ended up 3.5 seconds behind Scroggs. DS had dry weather and ended up 2.2 seconds behind Scroggs. This is over 2 days. Its not nearly as bad as you say, and will just like every other class, be considered course dependent. The twins will still do fine in DS against these 4 cylinder pony cars.

DS 121.0
FS 118.8
CS 122.3(wet)

G_Ride 11-14-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewMcG (Post 2796107)
Sorry, but there is no helpful data there at all. Looking at nationals results, the fastest 4cyl. pony car also had a better driver than DS or CS had, Mark Scroggs. CS ran in the wet one day and the fastest twin ended up 3.5 seconds behind Scroggs. DS had dry weather and ended up 2.2 seconds behind Scroggs. This is over 2 days. Its not nearly as bad as you say, and will just like every other class, be considered course dependent. The twins will still do fine in DS against these 4 cylinder pony cars.

DS 121.0
FS 118.8
CS 122.3(wet)

I agree with you. Just car vs car, it will be course dependent.

I'm also in Mark's region and he'll be in DS with the Camaro turbo. It should be an interesting year :)

DaWorstPlaya 11-14-2016 06:08 PM

Sounds like the 13-16 twins moving to DS is a done deal. From my understanding the Turbo Mustang and Camaro don't have good gearing in 2nd which could probably hurt them.