Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Window sticker says 10 series (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109115)

Amillionoh7 08-02-2016 12:53 PM

Window sticker says 10 series

Bought my 13' frs a while ago used and the dealer has been giving me a bunch of headaches with fixing some things on it. Well when i was looking on my papers they all say frs 10 series and my car is not. should i fight them about this? and it also says its automatic. I think they did that to raise the price

https://i.imgsafe.org/0cff6921fa.jpg

gramicci101 08-02-2016 12:57 PM

Either that or they owe you a 10 series.

el-guapin 08-02-2016 12:57 PM

I would. Does the VIN match?

imovertheinternet 08-02-2016 12:59 PM

Anything is possible but im not sure what kind of leverage you can gain with that information, you already purchased the car awhile ago.

Bobby@Forged 08-02-2016 01:02 PM

I would think you have no legal leg to stand on after reading the "While every effort has been made...." portion at the bottom.

Amillionoh7 08-02-2016 02:05 PM

the vin is correct. and all my papers say 10 series i just didn't post they have my name on them

DarkSunrise 08-02-2016 02:06 PM

Did they tell you it was a 10 series when you bought it? If so, that's wrong - I'd go in and ask to speak to the sales manager. Say you were told it was a 10 series when you bought it. Show them the window sticker and documents as proof. I'd negotiate for the difference in KBB price between a used base model and the 10 series. That seems like a fair way to resolve this for both sides.

Amillionoh7 08-02-2016 02:06 PM

All I wanted them to do was fix the front seat and after 3 months going back and forth with them and toyota customer care i gave up.

Amillionoh7 08-02-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSunrise (Post 2719183)
Did they tell you it was a 10 series when you bought it? If so, that's wrong - I'd go in and ask to speak to the sales manager. Say you were told it was a 10 series when you bought it. Show them the window sticker and documents as proof. I'd negotiate for the difference in KBB price between a used base model and the 10 series. That seems like a fair way to resolve this for both sides.

They never specified if it was a 10 series but last time I was in there the shop manager called the cops because I threw his cup of pens into the wall. because I bought an extended warranty from them and when I called to have a rock chip in windshield fixed I found out they never did paperwork for warranty. so charged me 5k for absolutely nothing!

Tcoat 08-02-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amillionoh7 (Post 2719187)
They never specified if it was a 10 series but last time I was in there the shop manager called the cops because I threw his cup of pens into the wall. because I bought an extended warranty from them and when I called to have a rock chip in windshield fixed I found out they never did paperwork for warranty. so charged me 5k for absolutely nothing!

You paid 5K for extended warranty?

DarkSunrise 08-02-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amillionoh7 (Post 2719187)

OK if they never told you it was a 10 series (and never advertised it as as 10 series), then it's just a simple mistake in the paperwork. I don't think you have much to go on with that.

The fake extended warranty is bad though. Definitely get that squared away (and possibly look into getting a pro-rated refund since $5k sounds insanely high for a warranty).

Also don't take this the wrong way but maybe see if you can get a buddy or family member to go in with you to help you keep your cool. I know it's frustrating working with a dishonest dealership but it's not going to help if you start throwing stuff and possibly getting arrested.

continuecrushing 08-02-2016 02:25 PM

it literally says this on the sticker:

"while every effort has been made to ensure display accurate data, the vehicle listings within this sticker may not reflect all accurate vehicle items."

Some dealers are more shady than others-sucks to deal with.

The 5k for the warranty went somewhere...find out where. Keep bugging toyota/scion HQ

Amillionoh7 08-02-2016 02:30 PM

I just want to do anything I can to put that place under the bus. So I guess it seems that I cant do anything about it.

And the warranty is 10yr 100k miles powertrain w/ free keys,dent repair, and windsheilds.
Is 5k really to much?

This was the first car I ever bought from a dealer so was not sure.

Tcoat 08-02-2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amillionoh7 (Post 2719205)
I just want to do anything I can to put that place under the bus. So I guess it seems that I cant do anything about it.

And the warranty is 10yr 100k miles powertrain w/ free keys,dent repair, and windsheilds.
Is 5k really to much?

This was the first car I ever bought from a dealer so was not sure.

Extended warranties usually run about half that. Sounds like they lumped a bunch of stuff together though.