Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   3rd Annual Texas FT86 Day Meet/Cruise (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89761)

Ornelas66 06-11-2015 08:31 AM

I am in!

robr 06-11-2015 09:57 AM

Slightly off topic: I'm having my brother cut track map style stickers of the Twisted Sisters route for our next MR2 outing there (some time in the fall). Is there any interest in the same stickers from you guys for this event? The ones I'm having made have total outer dimensions of 5x7, so should fit the 86 1/4 window fairly well. I'm not looking to make any money, but material and shipping costs would need to be covered, so I'm thinking it'd be maybe $3-5 each sticker, depending on how many total I have him make.

I already asked if he'd donate them for this event, but he wasn't having it :(

If this should be a new thread, sorry, someone publicly point out I'm an idiot, and I'll move it.

Scavanger 06-11-2015 10:00 AM

In for it this year again.

Husker BRZ 06-11-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robr (Post 2283066)
Slightly off topic: I'm having my brother cut track map style stickers of the Twisted Sisters route for our next MR2 outing there (some time in the fall). Is there any interest in the same stickers from you guys for this event? The ones I'm having made have total outer dimensions of 5x7, so should fit the 86 1/4 window fairly well. I'm not looking to make any money, but material and shipping costs would need to be covered, so I'm thinking it'd be maybe $3-5 each sticker, depending on how many total I have him make.

I already asked if he'd donate them for this event, but he wasn't having it :(

I think it'd be cool to have one!

weederr33 06-11-2015 11:15 AM

I shall buy a big pack of "Hello my name is..." stickers for us :p

Kuri 06-11-2015 11:21 AM

In for Houston 86 joining. Checking for interest on our FB Group!

-Jason Lam

Rabbit of Caerbonnog 06-11-2015 11:32 AM

I'm in!

Dustin 06-11-2015 11:43 AM

Thanks for taking this on @Shneegle. I've had a lot going on in this past year and didn't know how i was going to be able to fit this into my schedule. Count me in.

Shneegle 06-11-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robr (Post 2283066)

A picture would help in this case if you have a sticker already on a car. I like the idea of a track layout sticker. You could bring these to the event like the tshirts. If people want to preorder one they can or you can just have them for sale at the event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuri (Post 2283168)
In for Houston 86 joining. Checking for interest on our FB Group!

-Jason Lam

We have a FB event made for this HERE if they want to mark if they will be coming or not on it.

Also they can send questions/messages to DFW 86 and either I will get back to them or Texas Boy will.

Kuri 06-11-2015 11:52 AM

Yeah I was talking to DFW 86 yesterday.

robr 06-11-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shneegle (Post 2283202)
A picture would help in this case if you have a sticker already on a car. I like the idea of a track layout sticker. You could bring these to the event like the tshirts. If people want to preorder one they can or you can just have them for sale at the event.

No pictures yet, as I'm waiting to see if there's even enough interest from the MR2 guys (a few of them brought up the idea, not me). I was going to have more cut for that event, just wanted to see if I should have even more made, and much sooner than our fall trip, for you guys.

I wouldn't do pre-orders, that's far more hassle than I care to deal with. Especially when the end cost is directly attached to how many are made. If I get them cheap enough, I'd just give them to someone to bring down and hand out there for free if I can't make it. Which I already brought up to the wife, so fingers crossed.

Semprini 06-11-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weederr33 (Post 2281485)
What kind of radios do you guys use? This time I can actually come prepared

We use FRS radios - Motorola, Midland, Cobra, etc all should work. Look for ones that say FRS or GMRS - they are the most common ones out there and what you will find at a box store. An example is: http://amzn.com/B0072LB10S but you can find them at Cabela's, WalMart, or pretty much anyplace. We will be using a standard channel so almost any of these things will work, but Motorola, Midland, or Cobra will be the easiest to set up. If you're a ham, then you already know what to do :)

Shneegle 06-11-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robr (Post 2283230)
No pictures yet, as I'm waiting to see if there's even enough interest from the MR2 guys (a few of them brought up the idea, not me). I was going to have more cut for that event, just wanted to see if I should have even more made, and much sooner than our fall trip, for you guys.

If I get them cheap enough, I'd just give them to someone to bring down and hand out there for free if I can't make it. Which I already brought up to the wife, so fingers crossed.

I say go for it if its possible I know ill get at least 1 if not more. So far I think we have about 50+ people saying they are going between the boards and FB.

robr 06-11-2015 12:27 PM

Oh wow!