Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements / Questions / Issues (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Locked Threads Section (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100093)

soulreapersteve 01-16-2016 02:16 AM

Locked Threads Section

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2510746)
I wish we could have a section full of locked threads like this just for viewing instead of deleting them

Quote:

Originally Posted by finch1750 (Post 2510752)
It could be like Gamefaqs back in the day where you leveled up and certain people got grandfathered into private boards. Someone put this in the site suggestion area.

I know the mods have more pertinent matters to tend to... but can we (as in the mods) make this happen??

Shoutout to @go_a_way1 and @finch1750 for the suggestion :D

KR-S 01-16-2016 02:35 AM

oh dis gon be gud

ichitaka05 01-16-2016 02:51 AM

Answer will be "No"

Reason is, currently too much hassle for mods.

KR-S 01-16-2016 03:11 AM

Make go_a_way1, MisterSheep, and Tcoat mods? :bellyroll:

finch1750 01-16-2016 03:54 AM

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...psl1jepfc3.jpg

go_a_way1 01-16-2016 12:54 PM

Im not 100% sure I would be getting myself into but I am on here enough I think. I will sacrifice myself to this cause, however I will no longer beable to partake in the shitstorms as I will have to lock the threads (but not delete so we can go back and enjoy it)

I hearby offer my mind, body, and soul to become a moderator for this fourm for the greater good.

Tcoat 01-16-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 2511437)
Answer will be "No"

Reason is, currently too much hassle for mods.

Sorry.

Tcoat 01-16-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulreapersteve (Post 2511415)
I know the mods have more pertinent matters to tend to... but can we (as in the mods) make this happen??

Shoutout to @go_a_way1 and @finch1750 for the suggestion :D

What would the point be really? The older ones would still get buried as new ones were locked and without being able to post there would be no way to bump the best anyway. Most were fun while they were occurring but rarely have the staying power to go back and read after the fact anyway. Just keep track of the thread titles so you search them up to retread if that is your thing or you can link them if somebody else would like to read.
Even some of the very best of the still open threads can die for months at a time before they become relevant again and get revived.

MisterSheep 01-16-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR-S 86 (Post 2511457)
Make go_a_way1, MisterSheep, and Tcoat mods? :bellyroll:

I see how much work ichi has to put into the forum... I respect his effort in the forum and keeping a full time job. It would be a crazy amount of work. I like being a part of the community but something like that would make it work rather than leisure

Ultramaroon 01-16-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2511799)
I see how much work ichi has to put into the forum... I respect his effort in the forum and keeping a full time job. It would be a crazy amount of work. I like being a part of the community but something like that would make it work rather than leisure

Amen to this. Not only does he put in all the time but he even banters with us plebes.

Arigatou gozaimasu, ichi san.

finch1750 01-16-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2511810)
Amen to this. Not only does he put in all the time but he even banters with us plebes.

Arigatou gozaimasu, ichi san.

That is why this is the best forum I have been on. Hands down. Thank you ichi

Tcoat 01-17-2016 12:56 PM

Guys, ichi may be the most visible and verbal Mod here but let's not forget he isn't a one man show. I know that Guff and Dave at least do loads as well and am pretty sure Mann and M may in the background. Then of course there is Admin who you probably don't want to deal with because that is rarely for a good reason.
Yes ichi does a great job but let's thank everybody on the team.

finch1750 01-17-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2512358)
Guys, ichi may be the most visible and verbal Mod here but let's not forget he isn't a one man show. I know that Guff and Dave at least do loads as well and am pretty sure Mann and M may in the background. Then of course there is Admin who you probably don't want to deal with because that is rarely for a good reason.

thats very true. I have started a DaveRor for president campaign twice I think lol. But the fact that we dont always see everyone goes to show how well they do their jobs.

Cheers fellas:cheers:

Ultramaroon 01-17-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2512358)

Nah. Fuck everybody else.

iiichi! iiichi! iiichi!...