Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   NEW: OpenFlash Tablet G-Meter and Performance Driving Pack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91170)

Shiv@Openflash 07-06-2015 02:03 PM

NEW: OpenFlash Tablet G-Meter and Performance Driving Pack

Hi guys,
We have a big update we will be releasing to all OFT users later this month. It is something that we have been working on for a little while now. Something squarely aimed at those who are focused on performance driving/racing/drifting. It's something that I (personally) have always wanted. And like all other OFT updates, it will be FREE :)

With the next update, you will be able to monitor/data log everything you need to quantify driving dynamics. This includes:

- Lateral G
- Acceleration G
- Deceleration G
- Yaw (drifting!)
- Brake pressure
- Steering wheel angle
- Individual tire air temperatures
- Individual wheel speeds
- Individual wheel spin

Now there is no need to spend anther $500-1000 on an add-on race data acquisition system. And even better is that all these new channels can be monitored/log along with the usual engine related data (boost, AFR, timing, knock, etc,.) This makes for a VERY powerful tool for those who want to quantify their driving. With these new features you will be able to compare lap times and be able to definitively determine where the difference is as well as how to improve your performance. Monitoring tire temps will also give you insight into things like alignment, tire size, pressures, etc. One thing we can't quite log (yet) is tire pressure. But we are working on it :)

Cheers,
shiv

ModBargains.com 07-06-2015 02:04 PM

Awesome!!!

continuecrushing 07-06-2015 02:04 PM

freaking sick!

phrosty 07-06-2015 02:16 PM

Friggin awesome! Great job.

DustinS 07-06-2015 02:23 PM

:eyebulge::respekt::thanks::burnrubber:

P@ul 07-06-2015 02:44 PM

The magic of CANBUS keeps giving and giving!

Shinobu's Smile 07-06-2015 02:57 PM

Wait, does this mean the tablets or cars have an accelerometer in them already?

Shiv@Openflash 07-06-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobu's Smile (Post 2311394)
Wait, does this mean the tablets or cars have an accelerometer in them already?

The cars have all these sensors built into them. They are all used by the stability control and ABS systems. It was just a matter of getting the OFT to communicate with these other modules, access the data and display them in a useable format and with a good sampling rate.

Shinobu's Smile 07-06-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash (Post 2311414)
The cars have all these sensors built into them. They are all used by the stability control and ABS systems. It was just a matter of getting the OFT to communicate with these other modules, access the data and display them in a useable format and with a good sampling rate.

Damn, I never seem to be surprised at how much tech goes into them.

wparsons 07-06-2015 05:03 PM

The only thing missing is GPS tied to the rest of the data, then you wouldn't have to match up separately logged GPS data to see everything all together.

If there was a way to add in an external GPS antenna, and tire pressures you've got a huge winner!

Sweet48 07-06-2015 06:21 PM

My friend asked me the other day "Does this thing log G forces and yaw?" like 2 days ago. I said "No..." Then I see this.........day made!

D_Thissen 07-06-2015 06:30 PM

Its amazing to see what this little tablet can do! Keep up the good work!

Thorpedo 07-06-2015 11:32 PM

Man oh man, I wasn't expecting this with all the other development you are doing on different platforms. Please Shiv, do your best to have this out in the time frame you mentioned. I only have so munch summer up here in snowville.

THANK YOU.

cookiesowns 07-07-2015 02:12 AM

Are we able to log more than 12 params now? Or is the 12 param limit still present?

That would suck, as I want to log what I'm logging now, combined with the new body parameters.

I would GLADLY trade logging time for more parameters.