Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   NEW FUEL PUMP RELEASED.... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111525)

5AD86D 10-11-2016 06:51 AM

NEW FUEL PUMP RELEASED....

1 Attachment(s)
For those of us still under warranty this may help. Not sure of the results yet.

JD001 10-11-2016 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5AD86D (Post 2772153)
For those of us still under warranty this may help. Not sure of the results yet.

I'm wondering if the replacement will be offered in Europe... a phone call to the local dealers is imminent.

5AD86D 10-11-2016 07:00 AM

Not sure but its worth a try. I'm fairly sure with the right call a replacement pump can still be done as long as the issue still exists which we all know it does.

gt86ser 10-11-2016 07:17 AM

hmm, my 2013 has the chirps, and falls before the vin production. :popcorn:

JD001 10-11-2016 10:02 AM

Called my local dealer's service department and they're not aware of any warranty recalls regarding fuel pumps. They have asked me to get the car booked in for a check-up and they'll go from there.. I think best wait for Subaru to organise a warranty recall or wait until I am next at the service department.

FX86 10-11-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD001 (Post 2772210)
Called my local dealer's service department and they're not aware of any warranty recalls regarding fuel pumps. They have asked me to get the car booked in for a check-up and they'll go from there.. I think best wait for Subaru to organise a warranty recall or wait until I am next at the service department.

those damn dealerships are slow and clueless..earlier this year i called my toyota dealership about the recall for the automatic fr-s regarding the ignition key where it may be possible to remove the ignition key without the transmission being in the "Park" position.

they had no idea about this recall even though they mailed me a notice about the recall ...they said they would have to talk to the service advisor first and see if any parts are needed and give me a call back...it doesn't require a part it just needs to be confirmed a certain cable is connected according to their repair procedure... and they never called me back

a couple months later i bring it in for service and give my service consultant the recall papers and say can you guys look at this...he said we weren't aware of any recall (i'm thinking it's been almost 3 months and you guys still don't know about this recall?)..but he passed it onto the mechanic and they marked it off as complete and all good...i knew it was good because i couldn't remove the key in any other gear than Park but i wanted them to officially document that the recall was take care of...they probably don't have a clue about this fuel pump tsb either but i'll call them just because i enjoy bothering them to do their jobs and earn their paychecks

ATL BRZ 10-11-2016 10:49 AM

Where's the Subaru TSB?

fang_gt86 10-11-2016 10:58 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed..

Impureclient 10-11-2016 11:00 AM

I made my appointment for today. It's just to confirm it's chirping today. They said they don't have the new pump yet.

Tcoat 10-11-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD001 (Post 2772210)

It isn't a "recall". The TSBs only tell the techs what to do if the car is presented with that issue not as a notice that the issue exists.

FX86 10-11-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5AD86D (Post 2772157)
Not sure but its worth a try. I'm fairly sure with the right call a replacement pump can still be done as long as the issue still exists which we all know it does.

where did you find this TSB document? I looked on the web and couldn't find a central official site for scion TSB..where do you find these TSBs?

funwheeldrive 10-11-2016 11:25 AM

Hmm, maybe I will bring my car in soon. I'm still on the stock pump. Lots of crickets.

Tcoat 10-11-2016 11:31 AM

Well it appears the TSB is newly dated but the pump it self is not and didn't work.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107724

fang_gt86 10-11-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2772277)
Well it appears the TSB is newly dated but the pump it self is not and didn't work.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107724

Guess back to square one, again?.. Won't be a surprise if Toyota ended up pulling a "Samsung Note 7" case and just tell everyone to deal with it.. lol