Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can't love this car because I don't TRUST it! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24402)

NOHOME 12-16-2012 11:05 AM

Can't love this car because I don't TRUST it!

The light finally came on as to why this car is not as satisfying as I thought it would be. As much as the driving experience is everything I want it to be, I just don't trust the car. Just like with my MGB, I am always somewhat surprised when I make it back home and nothing has gone wrong.

Pschycotic traction/stability control, goldfish tailights housing, crunchy gearchanges, CEL lights, a DS window that does not seal when closed and an underside tha looks like it will self destruct with salt all weigh on my mind when I am driving the car. All makes me wonder what the long haul has in store for me.

The car reminds me of a pretty girl who is great in bed but I have no other use for.

Going to be interesting to see how the next 9.5 years play out:burnrubber:

whaap 12-16-2012 11:14 AM

I'm sorry you've had the experiences you've had. The only thought that comes to my mind is a very selfish one: Better you than me. Sorry.

Laika 12-16-2012 11:16 AM

That's what make it a proper sports car! Hell if the engine wouldn't turn over so consistently, I could tell people this is everything an Italian sports car used to be.

gmookher 12-16-2012 11:21 AM

1-waxoyl it if youre really worried
2-get a goal on what you want to do with it, regardless, opt for a drop in air filter upgrade, even if its a TRD, keeps warranty, just do it
3-keep it stock or have fun in the build process, its a great car
4-look at any hiccup as a speedbump and njoy the ride

Turbowned 12-16-2012 11:26 AM

Change your gear oil with Redline MT90. Undercoat the car. Have you taken it to the dealer for the window/taillight/CEL yet? I assume you have, but enough complaining to Toyota should warrant a fix for all the aforementioned problems.

Asphalt~86 12-16-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOHOME (Post 611688)

The car reminds me of a pretty girl who is great in bed but I have no other use for.

So, you're happy? I feel that.

jmaryt 12-16-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

The light finally came on as to why this car is not as satisfying as I thought it would be. As much as the driving experience is everything I want it to be, I just don't trust the car. Just like with my MGB, I am always somewhat surprised when I make it back home and nothing has gone wrong.

Pschycotic traction/stability control, goldfish tailights housing, crunchy gearchanges, CEL lights, a DS window that does not seal when closed and an underside tha looks like it will self destruct with salt all weigh on my mind when I am driving the car. All makes me wonder what the long haul has in store for me.

no reflection on you personally,but what you MUST do is wash the car weekly,and especially underneath,or you won't have it for 9.5 years,especially where you live!..just sayin'

jmaryt 12-16-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaap (Post 611698)
I'm sorry you've had the experiences you've had. The only thought that comes to my mind is a very selfish one: Better you than me. Sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laika (Post 611702)
That's what make it a proper sports car! Hell if the engine wouldn't turn over so consistently, I could tell people this is everything an Italian sports car used to be.

yeah! but ya notice those "shit boxes" aren't around anymore!..geez can't begin to wonder why!..just sayin'

GTB/ZR-1 12-16-2012 12:26 PM

C'mon, guy--comparing this car's reliability to an MGB? Sorry, but that's a stretch @ best...

Sorry to hear abt your issues, though.

powerj2 12-16-2012 12:28 PM

whats wrong with the underside? o.O

gmookher 12-16-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1 (Post 611819)
C'mon, guy--comparing this car's reliability to an MGB? Sorry, but that's a stretch @ best...

Sorry to hear abt your issues, though.

that IS a stretch, comparing to anything british

Exhaust 12-16-2012 12:40 PM

All of which would be covered under warranty (for the most part).. So whats there to worry about? If anything you'll never be surprised lol

zenki_levin 12-16-2012 12:52 PM

Lol, try driving a 26y old car every day...

But i don't really worry, that's all part of the experience.

tuckdaddy 12-16-2012 12:55 PM

who's trust? is she hot?

don't worry about the car like a few have said most if not all of that is warranty and a solid undercoating and regularly washing the car will solve the salt issue.