Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   TorqAmp 2017 Toyota 86 install (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140088)

Notmichael9 04-28-2020 03:29 PM

TorqAmp 2017 Toyota 86 install

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2ANYEgolsU&t=83s

Hey FT86!!

I am starting a new project to install a Torqamp on my 2017 Toyota 86 auto.

It has catless headers, catless downpipe, and Invidia Q600.

I have two vids out so far, as it will take a long time to get the Torqamp. I am also going to be installing it with Torqamps control box to have better control over it.

Have a look!

jflogerzi 05-02-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notmichael9 (Post 3324998)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2ANYEgolsU&t=83s

Hey FT86!!

I am starting a new project to install a Torqamp on my 2017 Toyota 86 auto.

It has catless headers, catless downpipe, and Invidia Q600.

I have two vids out so far, as it will take a long time to get the Torqamp. I am also going to be installing it with Torqamps control box to have better control over it.

Have a look!

Very cool. Looking forward to it. You plan to provide pump and e85 Dyno numbers

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Notmichael9 05-05-2020 03:46 PM

Thanks!

I am haivng it tuned on the dyno so I will be providing numbers for sure.

First tune is going to be on 93, but after that I plan to also tune with E85.

Notmichael9 05-06-2020 05:35 PM

Email today from Toramp: :)

"Dear Michael,

With this email, we want to inform you about the progress of our production and delivery time of your order.

Unfortunately Corona is causing more unexpected delays then initially predicted by us. There are two main reasons for delays: 1. production delays, 2 non available flights for shipping the parts to us. Basically all shippers are delaying because of the limited amount of flights currently.

Some parts are ready to be sent to us. Some still need to be produced since our production partners are waiting for components.

To give you an impression, I included the status of some items.

Bypass tubes: awaiting shipment towards us,
Bypass internals: inhouse,
Powerbox batteries: inhouse,
Powerbox chargers: to be produced,
Powerbox enclosures: expected to be delivered week 22,
Cable sets: awaiting shipment towards us,
Compressor housings and wheels: awaiting shipment towards us,
Electric motors: ready for assembly,
Motorcontrollers: awaiting shipment towards us,
Control boxes: inhouse.
Obviously there are many more parts, but this is just to give you an idea.

We expect to receive everything by the end of may/beginning june. Then we can start our assembly and our test procedures. So we expect we can ship out at the end of june or in July.

We know this is taking long. But unfortunately we have many components which are produced all over the world. This makes it even more influenceable by Corona.

We want to emphasize that we are doing all we can to get your order ready.

In the previous update we indicated that everyone will receive a more compact powerbox. To show what you can expect, I attached a picture of the enclosure to this email.

If you have any questions, remarks, advice or want to discuss in more detail the progress of our production, please do not hesitate to call me or send me an email.

Thank you and with best regards,

mrg666 05-07-2020 10:12 AM

While you have time, I would cancel that order and buy a proper supercharger. Edelbrock or Jackson Racing are my suggestions. Jackson Racing kit keeps the modifications as minimal as the Torqamp, gives more power, and as efficient as the stock engine (same mpg for normal driving, if you can drive normally after that :)), and comes with a great tune.

chojuan30 05-07-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrg666 (Post 3328127)
While you have time, I would cancel that order and buy a proper supercharger. Edelbrock or Jackson Racing are my suggestions. Jackson Racing kit keeps the modifications as minimal as the Torqamp, gives more power, and as efficient as the stock engine (same mpg for normal driving, if you can drive normally after that :)), and comes with a great tune.

Well said. You would cancel the order. Other ppl have other goals. Jsckson racing does not keep modifications to a minimum. It would take a little more than half hour to go back to n/a from this. Nevrmind the stack of heat exchangers causing all kinds of issues. Other ppl having issues with the rotrex unit. To the OP, I am rooting for you. This is something I want to do. To bad for the delay

Notmichael9 05-07-2020 09:25 PM

Thanks for the suggestion! I am going to keep with the Torqamp, it fits me a little better, and I am excited to be able to be the (documented) person to install it on this platform.

mrjj 05-08-2020 03:01 AM

I considered the Torqamp but went for the Phantom ESC instead (for now). One thing that worried me was how to fit the control box (battery) and a 12V start battery at the same time.

Now you say the control box has been shrunken some. Do you think you can fit an Odyssey PC680 beside it in the engine compartment?

mrg666 05-08-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notmichael9 (Post 3328389)
Thanks for the suggestion! I am going to keep with the Torqamp, it fits me a little better, and I am excited to be able to be the (documented) person to install it on this platform.

Good luck to you. I am sure many others will be looking forward to your posts/videos.

SteveP-84 05-08-2020 03:34 PM

Great someone's doing it.
I'm quite interested in this.
What about Software? Ecutek, OFT?

SteveP-84 05-08-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrg666 (Post 3328127)

u sure?
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...postcount=5474

BlOody_BoOger 05-08-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveP-84 (Post 3328670)

For me these electric superchargers hit the sweet spot. What I mean by that if you look at the Dyno runs from jrsc, vortech, and Edelbrock. On the low boost pulley's, 7-9psi on 91 oct they all roughly make around 250whp/180wtq. If you go e85 you get around the 285whp/235wtq at that point your just around the threshold of the stock block. When you upgrade to the higher boost pulley's well then you really need to consider upgrading internals which means more $$$$. The benefit of these systems is that on e85 you'll get a bit more power than the low boost pulley's these conventional superchargers make and you won't quite make enough power to have the need to purchase supporting mods. This puts it right in the middle in my opinion. Now if the torqamp is any better than the phantom. Well Fenton was able to get 245whp/215wtq on his system. Given that the torqamp runs on lithium rather than the AGM batteries the phantom uses and it pushes it more psi. You can only assume the torque curve with be much higher and the hp will increase slightly higher as we'll

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

mrg666 05-08-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveP-84 (Post 3328670)

You found the information I tried to hide so carefully. Have fun guys!

Notmichael9 05-08-2020 04:24 PM

mrjj Torqamp did not provide the actual size of the new box, but as soon as it arrives I will measure it and let you know!