Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   People who have preordered, are dealers marking up prices or selling at MSRP? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147129)

soilent 10-06-2021 05:19 PM

People who have preordered, are dealers marking up prices or selling at MSRP?
 
Just as the title says. I'm looking to preorder a BRZ, but I'm just curious if most dealers are trying to mark the cars up, or be fair with their pricing. Let me know! Thanks.

tenderization 10-06-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soilent (Post 3471457)
Just as the title says. I'm looking to preorder a BRZ, but I'm just curious if most dealers are trying to mark the cars up, or be fair with their pricing. Let me know! Thanks.

A lot of data is available just one thread down... https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146468

and no, basically no one has ordered w/ markup over MSRP (some have even negotiated $500+ off)

LanceLane174 10-06-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenderization (Post 3471465)
A lot of data is available just one thread down... https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146468

and no, basically no one has ordered w/ markup over MSRP (some have even negotiated $500+ off)

I think it is going to depend on where you are and the fact is you are late to the game. People are being told March, April and even May at some dealerships for when a BRZ would come in.

The US isn't the only game in town. Japan has to keep getting cars and Australia is supposed to start getting cars in January.

I have hear markups as high as 15,000, which is insane. And many dealers of other cars are charging markups for all of their models. Kia in my are is marking everything up around 3,000 from what I am hearing.

It is all crazy.

Kona61 10-06-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenderization (Post 3471465)
A lot of data is available just one thread down... https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146468

and no, basically no one has ordered w/ markup over MSRP (some have even negotiated $500+ off)

I disagree. Reporting bias seems prevalent to me. At the SoCal dealers I went to, there was a decent number of cars being sold with markups from 300-1000$ range. Still nothing too terribly exciting though.

suhhh 10-07-2021 02:43 PM

Call around to every dealer in your state. I got 1k off MSRP.

It's a tough market we are in and facing global supply chain shortages, however it's not impossible.

This may vary on your area though, I can understand a small markup in Cali because they very rarely see weather that would impact the drivability of the BRZ, but I think in the north-east where I am it's a bit easier since the BRZ targets a very niche market here.

Sure civics, camrys, WRX's all get marked up heavy here because they appeal to the general population. Families, Teachers, highschool students, but those types of people don't want to buy a 2 door RWD car in the winter time and have to deal with buying snow tires or having a car that likes to kick it's tail out. They want a car they can drive on all seasons through the whole year and only focus on maintenance.

Because I'm buying mine in the winter is the reason I think I got 1k off, I ordered 2 weeks ago and was the first order at my local Subaru (which is actually a decently big/popular one in the area).

When Spring comes around I can see a small markup being added or no more under MSRP deals since a lot more people are planning to purchase theirs then.

MisterGoober 10-07-2021 06:37 PM

I had no problem getting MSRP and another dealer going a few hundred under MSRP. The heavy markups seem to be for cars on the ground but the dealers I spoke with have been reasonable on pre-orders

jdmwol2ks 10-11-2021 01:40 AM

Bump, looking for data in Cali. Located in Norcal, maybe looking to get my hands on one if possible!

rawpoly 10-11-2021 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmwol2ks (Post 3472341)
Bump, looking for data in Cali. Located in Norcal, maybe looking to get my hands on one if possible!

MSRP here- Serramonte subaru and carlsen subaru both gave me MSRP. Went with carlsen because its closer to home.

Dribob 10-12-2021 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmwol2ks (Post 3472341)
Bump, looking for data in Cali. Located in Norcal, maybe looking to get my hands on one if possible!

I initially went to Livermore Subaru, they said they had no allocation to place an order and instead tried selling me their showroom (?) BRZ that was arriving mid-October with a $5k markup.

Then I checked Serramonte Subaru as someone here said they would do MSRP, but they actually tried charging a $10k markup for an order which is absolutely ridiculous

Out of the blue, Livermore texts me back and says they are able to order again and would honor the MSRP. Went there and they didn't charge any markup (that I can see) and placed an order for a WRB Limited!

Ordered early October, they say delivery late December. :happyanim:

jdmwol2ks 10-12-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dribob (Post 3472603)
I initially went to Livermore Subaru, they said they had no allocation to place an order and instead tried selling me their showroom (?) BRZ that was arriving mid-October with a $5k markup.

Then I checked Serramonte Subaru as someone here said they would do MSRP, but they actually tried charging a $10k markup for an order which is absolutely ridiculous

Out of the blue, Livermore texts me back and says they are able to order again and would honor the MSRP. Went there and they didn't charge any markup (that I can see) and placed an order for a WRB Limited!

Ordered early October, they say delivery late December. :happyanim:

Congrats! So you just ordered?! I'm going to call them asap to see if I can get one. I'm looking for a wrb premium. Hopefully I can get one too :)

finch1750 10-12-2021 12:41 PM

@Veloist is Putnam doing MSRP?

Veloist 10-12-2021 01:33 PM

On orders yes but our orders are filled until late March. Wish I could say the same about in-stock cars but those will have an asking price over.

jdmwol2ks 10-13-2021 02:31 AM

Ah darn, I've called a few deals and looks like if I order one now wouldn't be til March til i get my hands on it. Considering a GR86 now if the wait is that long :(

finch1750 10-13-2021 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmwol2ks (Post 3472845)
Ah darn, I've called a few deals and looks like if I order one now wouldn't be til March til i get my hands on it. Considering a GR86 now if the wait is that long :(

Good luck on that front. I haven't been able to get any dealer in Norcal to commit to MSRP really and the lists are already getting kinda long. Without being able to order is gonna be a crapshoot just getting lucky finding what you want.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.