Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OHIO Region Caravan to 86expo (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67802)

Maowc 06-11-2014 03:22 PM

OHIO Region Caravan to 86expo

Ok guess I'll start this thread. :word:

UPDATE: Decided To Sub-Group each Scenarios, Don't let us stop you from forming your own caravan based on the same choice of scenario. This Thread can help create the list of any interested to go at the same time frame. Contact each other and make plans if need. With all scenarios, you can leave the group whenever and do your own thing, do whatever when you arrive to VA. Nobody is forcing no one to do anything, just want to have a good time driving with fellow FRS/BRZ friends.

So I'm mainly interested in the Sunday Show. Aug. 10th, but I don't mind going there early for the AutoX as well, considering it is a long drive to go back and forth. There is no real set schedule. And expect to drive a lot. I will add myself to all 3 scenarios and decide on a final choice coming close to due date.

With a good point by @HunterGreene, It is a 12+ hour total drive to and from VA. After the Sunday Show I will heading to Pennsylvania from VA. I am not sure what everyone else plans on doing after the show.

REMEMBER, the AutoX and Show is at different locations and 3 hour difference in location. If anyone is interested we can meet up somewhere and start the drive to the EXPO or AutoX, Show starts at 10am.

It is about 6 hours and 28min drive (not including AutoX). Probably gonna need to stop for Gas only 1 time.

http://i59.tinypic.com/1pe2ky.jpg

-Scenario 1- Night time Driving to EXPO for 1 day.

I'm thinking meet up somewhere around 1am - 3am early Sunday morning (open to suggestions for time of meeting for drive). I would prefer to get there early just after a long drive, I rather rest up some before spending the day walking around and drink tons of coffee lol. After the show its up to individuals what they want to do afterwards, go home or spend the night somewhere. As i mention above, I will be going to PA afterwards.

-Scenario 2- Saturday afternoon drive (Maybe AutoX) for 2 days

We can go there Saturday (TIME of meeting: open to suggestions) check out the AutoX (if we go there early), but will need to book a place to sleep at night, or just sleep in the car lol to save money. :sigh: :bonk:
I dont know what everyone schedule is so make some suggestions and see what we can do from there. Will have to book a place for one night.

-Scenario 3*- Friday Drive. 3 days. Thanks to @HunterGreene, for making me consider this.:bonk:

If anyone interested in Spending the weekend over at VA, we can meet up Friday (Time of meeting: Open to suggestions) and drive out. Going to have to book a place to stay overnight for both days. :search: We all can cruise to each event and hang out or whatever. Make new friends, etc etc. Or unless people wanna go their own way, thats fine too.

I don't live in VA nor am I good at booking group rates for hotels/motels, so Its up to each individual to decide where they gonna stay or do, or book at the same area.

Scenario 1 Attendees

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6) and so on...

Scenario 2 Attendees

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6) and so on...

Scenario 3 Attendees

1) Maowc
2) HunterGreene
3) 00nissanninja
4) Sliderman86
5)
6) and so on...

HunterGreene 06-11-2014 04:29 PM

Yeah, I will be attending, but I will be heading down Friday during the day, staying in Richmond overnight, Auto-X during the day and return to Richmond, head to the show the next day, probably stay in Manassas overnight and head back Monday.

So I won't be able to take part in this particular Caravan.

And, no offense, you're planning on driving 12 hours round trip for just One day? Different strokes, I suppose.

Maowc 06-11-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterGreene (Post 1791277)
Yeah, I will be attending, but I will be heading down Friday during the day, staying in Richmond overnight, Auto-X during the day and return to Richmond, head to the show the next day, probably stay in Manassas overnight and head back Monday.

So I won't be able to take part in this particular Caravan.

And, no offense, you're planning on driving 12 hours round trip for just One day? Different strokes, I suppose.

Lol good point. Actually im heading to Philadelphia after the show. So let me rephrase the scenario for others.

HunterGreene 06-12-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maowc (Post 1791442)
Lol good point. Actually im heading to Philadelphia after the show. So let me rephrase the scenario for others.

So far so good. Can you go back and make a Poll as to which scenario people would want to do? Might help organize us into sub-groups, since it seems likely we could have groups going out at 3 separate times.

Maowc 06-12-2014 09:54 AM

just updated. thanks. Should i add you to Scenario 3?

HunterGreene 06-12-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maowc (Post 1792436)
just updated. thanks. Should i add you to Scenario 3?

Yeah, throw me in there. Lets see where this goes.

Maowc 06-12-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterGreene (Post 1792461)
Yeah, throw me in there. Lets see where this goes.

Ok. Hopefully its a good turn out lol. :The river is calm:, said the samurai.:thumbup:

00NissanNinja 06-12-2014 10:13 PM

I could dig a friday drive, depending on the agreed upon time.

Maowc 06-12-2014 10:35 PM

Great make a suggestion. When do you prefer to drive

HunterGreene 06-13-2014 08:36 AM

I know the question was at NissanNinja, but I would like to be in Richmond by Friday around dinner time (between 6-7 PM). Which means, were I driving alone, I would have to leave between 10:30-11.

I would rather not add too much time to the trip, so unless there is a large group meeting in Columbus or elsewhere, I'm not really inclined to drive that far out of the way. Akron or the surrounding would be what I would suggest for the NEO group.

Alternatively, there is nothing saying I couldnt meet up with you guys somewhere along the route. We'll see if we get more interest.

Maowc 06-13-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterGreene (Post 1794303)
I know the question was at NissanNinja, but I would like to be in Richmond by Friday around dinner time (between 6-7 PM). Which means, were I driving alone, I would have to leave between 10:30-11.

I would rather not add too much time to the trip, so unless there is a large group meeting in Columbus or elsewhere, I'm not really inclined to drive that far out of the way. Akron or the surrounding would be what I would suggest for the NEO group.

Alternatively, there is nothing saying I couldnt meet up with you guys somewhere along the route. We'll see if we get more interest.

I do agree. The drive itself is long and I wouldn't want to add more unnecessary hours to an already long trip unless its a huge turn out. If people are coming from different parts and the meeting location is far out between people, then its better to just pick a central route or location along the route and meet at a specific time, and wait like 30mins maybe. If no one show, just roll out. or so the like.:burnrubber:

00NissanNinja 06-15-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterGreene (Post 1794303)

Yeah meeting at 10:30 somewhere in Columbus would be spot on for me as well. And its along the way for me as well.

Maowc 06-15-2014 10:47 PM

I've decided to head out on friday as well since ill be working the week im suppose to be off, which in turn gives me more time in august :) so @HunterGreene and @00NissanNinja we the Friday caravan?
@00NissanNinja should I add you to fridays list?

HunterGreene 06-16-2014 09:30 AM

We can plan details a bit closer to the event date, and as we see more people sign up (as of right now its just us three).