Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Official Production Subaru BRZ Photos Revealed?! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2342)

SonnyBRZ 11-26-2011 10:50 AM

Official Production Subaru BRZ Photos Revealed?!

2 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this has been posted, but this is my first time seeing a full image of the production BRZ without camouflage.

I really like the look of it!

Also from homepage:
Quote:

Are we looking at the official production Subaru BRZ in these latest photos ?? The photos are from the January 2012 issue of Road & Track in which they claim these are the official photos of the Subaru BRZ sports coupe.

It certainly looks to be consistent and accurate with the official Subaru BRZ teaser images released by Subaru three weeks ago. If these are indeed official photos, the Subaru BRZ seems to share much more styling with the revealed Scion FR-S / Toyota FT-86 than with the recently debuted Subaru BRZ STI Concept.

This also looks to be a U.S. version of the BRZ, judging by the amber reflectors, the lack of headlight washers, and the reverse lights without the red triangle reflector. In any case, we’ll know soon if this is indeed the BRZ production model as we’ll be bringing you live coverage from the Tokyo Motor Show next week at its reveal!
Attachment 2823

Attachment 2824

Photos were taken from Roadandtrack magazine.

Jah1mon 11-26-2011 11:03 AM

I really like the lines. It has better tail lights, and foglights than the frs. Is this the latest road and track?

But struggles uphills? Man this thing will need more power.

phenoyz 11-26-2011 11:07 AM

nice.

But struggles uphills? Man this thing will need more power. YES---> it does (turbo)

Ryephile 11-26-2011 11:18 AM

Road & Track gets it wrong again. 56.1" height, are you kidding?!

I hope their "picture" is simply the leaked BRZ front end chopped onto an FR-S, as the wheels , rear bumper "diffuser", and taillights are identical.

Edit: the tails are the same shape, it appears they simply have more red. Boooo for lack of differentiation.

spin9k 11-26-2011 11:21 AM

Looks good but...

strug·gle (strgl)

v. strug·gled, strug·gling, strug·gles
v.intr.

1. To exert muscular energy, as against a material force or mass: struggled with the heavy weight.
2. To make a strenuous effort; strive: as in struggled to accelerate.
3. To progress with difficulty: struggled through the hills.

Zaku 11-26-2011 11:33 AM

Are these confirmed actual BRZ or a R&T chop?

SonnyBRZ 11-26-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaku (Post 79524)
Are these confirmed actual BRZ or a R&T chop?

It doesn't say, but the front bumper does look identical to the one shown on subaru's official website so safe to say it should be legitimate.

On another note, the blackened headlights, orange corner indicator and rear tail light looks a little different from the leak. Wonder if this is the North American version??

I'm very excited. I prefer Subaru's bumper than the Toyota. :)

MrVito 11-26-2011 11:50 AM

can someone attach the photos directly to the thread, can't view the source from my work computer! :mad0259:

madfast 11-26-2011 11:55 AM

it is 100% the US version. the amber reflectors, the lack of headlight washers, the reverse lights without the red triangle reflector, etc...

Zaku 11-26-2011 12:00 PM

I noticed that the article speaks of a snow setting. How well do you think a car like the BRZ will do in the snow? I'm not expecting a WRX level where it can pull a big truck out of the snow, but the idea of a RWD car with snow mode isn't computing in my head, could someone enlighten me please?

SonnyBRZ 11-26-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaku (Post 79528)
I noticed that the article speaks of a snow setting. How well do you think a car like the BRZ will do in the snow? I'm not expecting a WRX level where it can pull a big truck out of the snow, but the idea of a RWD car with snow mode isn't computing in my head, could someone enlighten me please?

I remember reading an article which Subaru tested the BRZ/FRS to approximately 45mph in the snow during PV stage with "good stability". Perhaps the ECU snow setting dampens the ECU response for easier control? A well balance RWD car can perform very well in snow, just not the very deep snow.

KaliKev 11-26-2011 12:33 PM

This is out in a magazine?

suprachica79 11-26-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryephile (Post 79521)
Road & Track gets it wrong again. 56.1" height, are you kidding?!

I hope their "picture" is simply the leaked BRZ front end chopped onto an FR-S, as the wheels , rear bumper "diffuser", and taillights are identical.

Edit: the tails are the same shape, it appears they simply have more red. Boooo for lack of differentiation.

That's exactly what I thought! 1-2in off I get, but 5-6?! And I agree. The wheels make me think it's just a chop, why would both companies use the exact same wheels?

Longhorn248 11-26-2011 12:41 PM

Interesting paint on the side mirrors, I'm guessing it's a chop and not from Toyota/Subaru.